How do you watch the Indy trilogy?.

Canyon

I'm just waiting for someone to reply with "Why, with my eyes, of course." :rolleyes:

How do you watch the triolgy? Is it always with friends, family or just by yourself?

For me, it's usually just good old Canyon. Believe it or not, I have never, ever watch these films with my family (I don't even think that they've even seen all of them) and I have never seen them with friends. To me, it's kind of a personal thing and for the most part, at least, it has always been that way.

I have occasionally seen the films with my other half, which starts of okay, but can be a bit of a nightmare as he he knows how much I like Indy and sometimes he'll start making sarky comments about Indy etc. :mad:

I am interested in hearing your replies. ;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
I usually hold 00Kev in that position so he doesn't fall over :D

I haven't watched the movies because i am still waiting for the DVD's. It's been that way for years, now.

Ryan243

00Kevin said:
I watch it upsidedown with my head in a bucket of pirana fish and lobsters crawling in my pants
That's amazing! You watch it that way too? I thought I was the only one that knew that that was the only way to watch Indiana Jones!

00Kevin

Indyfan
monkey said:
Are you wearing the pants while this is going on?

Naturally

Ryan243 said:
00Kevin said:
I watch it upsidedown with my head in a bucket of pirana fish and lobsters crawling in my pants
That's amazing! You watch it that way too? I thought I was the only one that knew that that was the only way to watch Indiana Jones!

but of corse...you know, George Lucas watches movie like that for inspiration

and I'ld personally like to apologize to Canyon for ruining another one of her threads ;)

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
getting back on track...

I can only watch Indy movies alone or with my sister beacause I only like seeing them in english with no subtitles, and the problem is that in my country (France) people don't speek english so..

BTW find the french voice-overs horrible. Indy has a different voice in every film!

theinfiniteweird

Thx, vaxer

I love watching Indy films with family and friends, eso. friends who haven't seern them yet, or haven't seen them in a wahile or that just don't know what's going on. This way, I get to share the excitment of a first time watch, plus I get to talk all about it, answering their questions and giving out trivia and such. But I mostly like watching it with first timers because it makes me feel more like a first timer, which the first time is usually the best.

By myself is only to catch things I might have missed, or when i have questions, and this way I can rewind and fast forward and pause at will. But I've done this a few times and I now pretty much know everything about them, so when someone says, "Nope, haven't seen them" or "Not in a long time", or just "Let's watch Indy!" I get SSSOOOOOO excited!

LASTCRUSADER

It really doesn't matter who I watch the films with. By myself, friends or family. Like theinfiniteweird said it is always nice to watch the films with someone who has never seen them before.

Randy_Flagg

I usually end up watching them from the middle to the end, simply because I don't own any of them, so I wind up catching them as I'm flipping through the channels. Then I'll watch a bit and think to myself, "I've seen this movie a million times, let me check if there's anything else on." I'll flip through a few more channels, get hooked on an infomercial or something, then realize that I don't actually care whether or not the Juiceman has a new product out, and I'll flip back to Indy. A few minutes later, I'll once again think, "Okay, you've seen this WAY too many times... turn it off," and sometimes I will, and other times I just sit there and watch it again. Kind of sad really.

intergamer

I never watch them alone. Just when I have friends over, and they say, "Wow, you have Indiana Jones on DVD?" Then I watch them in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound in my basement on my 23" flat screen TV while normally playing ping-pong and foosball and chess and cards with my friends at the same time.

IndyBlues

Before the DVD release. I watched them by myself, because my fiance wasn't really into them back then. Since the DVD release, I watch them with her, because she admits she likes them after giving them a go, and my little boy, who is 3, absolutely loves the Indy movies. I have to skip a few parts here and there to make sure he doesn't see the gorey parts, but he loves the action, and the music. He has a set of the Indy Disny figures and plays with them while he watches, and of course, I have to join in.
Kids. What a great excuse to play with toys,LOL

BTW, this seems like a good reason to own the censored versions that you folks have over in Great Britain.
Maybe someone could help me out.

I also like watching them late at night when it is real quiet, and everyone is asleep, so I have no distractions.
Just me, the DVDs, my big screen, and some surround sound.
Now that's some quality time.

MP3

I usually watch my DVDs by myself at odd hours (e.g. as normal as lunch time, or as odd as 2:30 AM) on my computer. Although I have a 5.1 sound system powered by a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card, most of the time I use my Sony EX-70 earphones (they rock!!!!) so that the sound is confined to my room only.

I do occasionally watch them with friends, but never with family; in my family, movies are, shall we say, "frowned upon" for various culture/tradition-related reasons.

IndyBlues

Thanks for the kind words RK. I'm STILL regreting that botched rescue attempt. I should have seen the distress signals you were sending. LOL

Vogel

I ussally watch them allone or with m,y little brother who likes them also very much. Most of my my friends know indy but except for one, they´re not fans(indy is being broadcasted 2 times a year on the television, so everyone knows indy)). So I never watch it with friends.

Canyon

Nice to see that there are some mature replies here, *cough* Monkey and OOKevin *cough*. :rolleyes:

IAdventurer01

I watch them alone
I watch them with friends
I watch them with the lights on
I watch them with the lights off
I watch them with the volume loud
I watch them with the volume soft
I watch them upsidedown with my head in a bucket of pirana fish and lobsters crawling in my pants...

I just care that I watch them, Can-y-on!

Note: I am very bored right now.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I can watch them with a man
I can watch them from the can
I can watch them in a Bar
I can watch them from a car
I can watch them upside down
laying backwards on the ground

I can watch them from the wall
I can watch them with a doll
I can watch them on Naboo
I can watch them in some poo
I can watch them in a chair
Even with no underwear

I can watch them in no clothes
I can watch them with no nose
I can watch them in a thong
I can watch them all night long
I can watch them 'til the end
then come watch them yet again

Webley

When I got the DVDs I watched them all, now I use the scene selection to gest see the scenes I like best.