Making of Temple of Doom PBS (1984)

digitalfreaknyc

IrishLuck1980 said:
I bow to you Digital. Have you any luck finding Making of Crusade?

Crusade was one of the first ones that was put up. Unfortunately, no one has the txt and md5 files so it doesn't show up as anyone seeding it but all the important files are there. I didn't seed it so I never had those files.

digitalfreaknyc

oh and BTW...if anyone can get Stoo to respond, that would be great. He has some stuff that I'm interested in. I have some really rare stuff that I still have to "release" like the Last Crusade EPK and some other TOD stuff from the UK.

There was also a special on the Today show when TOD came out...totaled 31 minutes...and i would LOVE to get it. Anyone have it?

Zucot

Making of Temple of Doom documentary

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on the hour long documentary that aired on PBS? I saw some archived posts from '04 about it, but that's it....

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I guess this is the one you're looking for, as there aren't that many TOD making of docs to choose from.

It's quite complicated to actually link to the clip's specific location on the harrisonfordweb.com sounds & vision gallery, so I'll just give you the direct download links. It's divided into four parts: I, II, III, IV !

I still recommend you to take a trip into the depths of aforementioned archives, though. Just start right here. There are two more Indy docs and a whole bunch of other, rather Ford centric things, to find there.

Zucot

torao said:
I guess this is the one you're looking for, as there aren't that many TOD making of docs to choose from.

It's quite complicated to actually link to the clip's specific location on the harrisonfordweb.com sounds & vision gallery, so I'll just give you the direct download links. It's divided into four parts: I, II, III, IV !

I still recommend you to take a trip into the depths of aforementioned archives, though. Just start right here. There are two more Indy docs and a whole bunch of other, rather Ford centric things, to find there.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!

Blue Jay

is there anything similiar for raiders and last crusade. i just loved the old making of !

Thank you so much for posting!:whip:

No Ticket

I have never seen this before! Thanks a TON for posting it! It was awesome. I guess I should say is awesome... I haven't finished watching all of it yet! :whip:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
another vintage TOD making of clip

It contains some funny things that are not part of the DVD making of or the vintage tv edition that you can find online.
The Berg, Lucas and Ford are entertaining as usual...

metalinvader

Pretty cool,What show was that from?
It's funny seeing people act so casualy infront of one of my childhood fears,Mola Ram!:p

FILMKRUSC

metalinvader said:
Pretty cool,What show was that from?
p

It's from Lights, Camera, Action - a weekly show on the how tos of filmmaking that Nimoy hosted in the early 1980's. They use to have a lot of nice featurettes like that for different films and even had different guests Nimoy would interview on how movies are made.

deckard24

Awesome find Torao!

Man...I miss the 80's!

"What did we ever do before YouTube?!!"

I remember being a kid in the 80's and planning my night around a show that I read about in the TV guide. I use to drive my folks nuts if Jaws or Raiders came on TV, because I would declare the TV off limits to anything but those movies! LOL

fixer79

old making of Doom/Crusade documentaries?

I've been able to buy two different Raiders documentaries in the past ('Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark' and 'Great Movie Stunts') but I've never come across video tapes with Doom or Crusade documentaries.

Were they only broadcast on television or were they actually released on VHS?

Also, Is there a way to obtain them?... I'd really love to see them 'cos I'm starting to know the Raiders documentaries by heart ;)