Indy 5 news 2012

Toht's Arm

Over the years Lucas was all over the place with regards to how many Star Wars films he 'planned' from the beginning. The number was as high as 12 at one point.

Let's be honest, there's more chance of Indy V happening that any more Star Wars.

Montana Smith

Toht's Arm said:
Over the years Lucas was all over the place with regards to how many Star Wars films he 'planned' from the beginning. The number was as high as 12 at one point.

Let's be honest, there's more chance of Indy V happening that any more Star Wars.

You mean we'll never get to see the Young Boba Fett Chronicles?

In which sweet little Bobie has all manner of educational adventures, during which he meets a Mandalorian referred to only as 'Helmet'. The memory of this meeting (but not of his 'father's' death) has a sudden impact a decade later which turns young Boba into the more familiarly recognized and much-loved anti-hero.

IndyJoey

Toht's Arm said:

Hearing this makes me want to jump in joy, too bad its not saying much, considering that there is practically no chance of Indy V happening... at least, not any time soon.

Archaeos

Montana Smith said:

In which sweet little Bobie has all manner of educational adventures, during which he meets a Mandalorian referred to only as 'Helmet'. The memory of this meeting (but not of his 'father's' death) has a sudden impact a decade later which turns young Boba into the more familiarly recognized and much-loved anti-hero.

This made this day complete :D (y) :sleep:

Marshall2288

Montana Smith said:

I'm a member of a certain costuming group that would be pitching tents in their pants if this story ever came true....

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:

Petition to change your screen name from Montana, to pied piper?

IndyForever

After hearing that Lucas has recruited Kathy Kennedy & seeing his Bloomberg TV interview a few weeks ago I get the impression Indy5 is now a low priority for him. 2012 is make or break if there is no more progress & the Indy bluray project does not result in some agreement for Lucas/Ford/Spielberg to all lock themselves away in a hotel/holiday home & get something going then Indy5 really looks like its not going to happen. Its pretty obvious since 2008 Lucas has not done much work on it.

The only slight hope for Indy5 is that Lucas is very stubborn & has admitted in several interviews he does not like to give up on a project (Red Tails took almost as long as Indy4!!).

Archaeos

I agree that the immediate time after the release of the Blu-ray Disc edition will be crucial, both in terms of actual sales figures and generated fandom excitement. If there is some hype (as much as a BD release can generate nowadays), then some momentum can be gained to make an Indy V happen (the right pros are now in the right constellation: Kennedy in, if she wants; and Lucas more out, which would be good). But I fear that if that momentum does not manifest, then there is just no traction to be build in the next years to make another film happen.

Also, as discussed in the prostitution thread, I agree with Montana that KOTCS was just too much conceived or set up as the end of the road for all the characters - bringing closure to lots of plotlines (even some that needed no closure). It was supposed - and would work - as the last part of a tetralogy (with KOTCS taking the form of a dreamy 'da capo').

As Montana poetically wrote in a Raven Haiku :p :
...It was time to reflect on the past (the recurring image of the Ark once again)...

Indy's brother

IndyForever said:
The only slight hope for Indy5 is that Lucas is very stubborn & has admitted in several interviews he does not like to give up on a project (Red Tails took almost as long as Indy4!!).

If he can't get this thing happening in the next year or two, he can keep it. Just pick a goddamn macguffin and hire a ****ing writer already. All I can think is that Lucas is running out the clock until it's too late to do anything, anyway. If that is the case, I give up on you completely, George. Quit feeling sorry for yourself about Red Tails and the online slaughter of KOTCS, and put this franchise to bed properly while you still have the ability to do so. Unclench your grip a little, and bring in some talent that will do the job right. NO KOEPP.

Archaeos

If Lucas relents his grip, and Kennedy's public infatuation with Tintin has sobered a bit, then I think a Spielberg-Kennedy-Kasdan triangle could get the right people on board with some speed and passion. Potentially, the constellation could be as good as it could get. Let's see... :sleep:

Rivers

Indy's brother said:
Just pick a goddamn macguffin and hire a ****ing writer already. /QUOTE]

I mentioned this earlier somewhere..... IMDB says a macguffin has been determined....
I dont know how reliable IMDB is but then they go on to say plot details are being worked out.

Indy's brother

Rivers said:
Indy's brother said:
Just pick a goddamn macguffin and hire a ****ing writer already.

I mentioned this earlier somewhere..... IMDB says a macguffin has been determined....
I dont know how reliable IMDB is but then they go on to say plot details are being worked out.

IMDbPRO? I'd like to see a screenshot of that (on a mac, do shift/command/4), though I find it hard to believe that a macguffin has been decided upon and IMDb is the only place that has that info. I mean, that's a hell of a scoop. I find it nearly impossible to grasp that with all of George's resources (INCLUDING THIS SITE) that he couldn't find SOMETHING by now. I feel like I have spent more time thinking about it than he has.

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
IMDbPRO? I'd like to see a screenshot of that (on a mac, do shift/command/4), though I find it hard to believe that a macguffin has been decided upon and IMDb is the only place that has that info. I mean, that's a hell of a scoop. I find it nearly impossible to grasp that with all of George's resources (INCLUDING THIS SITE) that he couldn't find SOMETHING by now. I feel like I have spent more time thinking about it than he has.

Unfortunately IMDB is as reliable as wikipedia... which means slightly.

You should pen a draft Indy's Brother... it's probably the closest you'll get to having another Indiana Jones film. And I wouldn't mind reading.

Some... and it do mean SOME in the "very few" aspect... some fan works turn out "all-right". You know this stuff inside out. I bet you could if you really tried.

Look at me trying to convert Raveners into writers. It's just a lonesome plain of existence is all. Be great to have a few more Comancheros out there in the wilderness.

Indy's brother

You give me more credit than I deserve, but thank you. I have the rest of my life to dream up Indy stuff. George has considerably less time to make a film happen with Harry in it. It's just been so frustrating to wait all this time for KOTCS, and now, after the awkward reemergence of the franchise has past, opening the door to more films, nothing. Just an even more painful waste of time than the previous absence. Indy could have had more adventures, and he could still have one more big one. But as a fan, I can only sit here and wonder if Lucas' transitionary professional/emotional state will be able to allow for it. I kind of doubt it.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Kennedy: "That's always a possibility; it's certainly something we all talk about."

A bit behind updating the Indy 5 news page, need to separate the few Kennedy interviews from the regurgitation sites...

Finn

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
Unfortunately IMDB is as reliable as wikipedia... which means slightly.
Can't talk for IMDB, but Wikipedia is about as reliable as the man currently reading it.

In other news, it's sad we can't even trust Encyclopaedia Britannica anymore.

FedoraStyle

Harrison Ford turns 70 in one month.

They better hurry up, unless they want the plot to be about how Indy has to balance on a cane while cracking the whip.

Indy's brother

See, now this is the allure to these types of posts: You don't even have to be clever to bash KOTCS for not being clever, or have Ford's swagger as Indy to have the brass to bash him for his advancing years.

Look, FedoraStyle. I don't know you, and I'm sure you are a nice enough fellow. I'm just so bored of reading this kind of stuff in the fan community.