Salutations

TMan

Salutations.

I am a film editor, 3D modeler ( and artist ), and music composer. I have worked with film crews around the world and love the filming industry. I saw this forum and started to watch some of the films.. well tried too, half of them are missing or want you to sign up for some pyramid scheme they have set in place. But other then that this website is great.

I want to see more Indy Fan Films. I just happen to read there will be no more though. On the front page. Sadly I guess I came too late to this forum.

Anyhow, it is great to be here. Thanks for accepting me.

TMan

Sounds like great work if you can get it...welcome to the Raven, and what films have you worked on?

I'm sort of lost understanding your comment about the availabilities of the films and the schemes...

TMan

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sounds like great work if you can get it...welcome to the Raven, and what films have you worked on?

I'm sort of lost understanding your comment about the availabilities of the films and the schemes...

Hey there, thank you.

Yes I have helped out on fan films, but I also have helped out on a 5 part mini series known as Mission Backup Earth. Should be out sometime very soon.

As far as the availability of some of the Indiana Jones fan films on this website is concerned, some of the films no longer exist. And some of them require you to log in and make an account before you can see them. Start going through it. You'll see what I mean.

Henry W Jones

Welcome to the Raven. That makes more sense when you say fan in front of films in the context you used it. It read as if you were not finding the actual films anywhere or you had to become part of the Lucas/Spielberg pyramid scheme cult selling Indiana Jones protein shakes to watch Raiders. Lol. Where they Indy fan films you worked on? If so, can you upload them? See you around the bar!!!!! :hat:

TMan

Henry W Jones said:
Welcome to the Raven. That makes more sense when you say fan in front of films in the context you used it. It read as if you were not finding the actual films anywhere or you had to become part of the Lucas/Spielberg pyramid scheme cult selling Indiana Jones protein shakes to watch Raiders. Lol. Where they Indy fan films you worked on? If so, can you upload them? See you around the bar!!!!! :hat:

Well look up Mission Backup Earth. Its not a fan film. So I can't upload that here.

As for other "fan films" that I have worked with, most were trek fan films and so are not able to be uploaded here. I am in fact waiting on word from one of the directors of his fan film known as Star Trek Dominion. Although he has shown no progress as of yet, the people involved have a high reputation for previous work that has been done on other trek fan films, so who knows where that will go. Trek shows such as Phase 2, and New Voyages, and I had the pleasure of seeing Star Trek Farragut, which finally is now on DVD. As for other fan films I have worked on, no I have nothing I can prove other then my word that I helped them out. Yet.

I really want to make my own sci-fi series, but I lack the camera equipment for such a task. I am a music composer, and 3D modeler, so my talents are used for various projects that need either one. I in fact had a guy who saw one of my artworks that was about Dr Who. He asked me if he could put it on his laptop as a shell casing. I gave him permission and it was well received in the Dr Who community.

Check out http://www.toraktu.com for more info.

TMan ( A.K.A. TorakTu )

Stoo

TMan, your 1st post at The Raven was 4 days ago in this thread: Indiana Jones: Racist?
TMan said:
Keep in mind too, the time frame of when Indiana Jones takes place is around the 40s and 50s. So racism wasn't seen in the way we see it today. In those days slavery was "allowed". Was it right ? No. But back then, it was "normal".
Since you haven't responded to any of the replies/comments there since then, can you please tell us about a couple of things?

1) Which Indiana Jones films take place in the 1940s?
2) Where was slavery "normal" in the '40s and '50s?

Peace, pot and microdots.:)

TMan

Stoo said:
TMan, your 1st post at The Raven was 4 days ago in this thread: Indiana Jones: Racist?
Since you haven't responded to any of the replies/comments there since then, can you please tell us about a couple of things?

1) Which Indiana Jones films take place in the 1940s?
2) Where was slavery "normal" in the '40s and '50s?

Peace, pot and microdots.:)

1.) Correction, I should have said 1930s. That was my fault. But all the films take place during this time period.

2.) Correction, and I spoke out of place on this subject. It was in the 1800s that slavery was abolished in the USA. Although, Racism was still abundant and in a sense it still is. Although "publicly" its supposed to be gone. I was thinking 1900s when I spoke about this, but I stand corrected, it was in the 1800s when it was abolished.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to correct my mistakes.

Henry W Jones

TMan said:
1.) Correction, I should have said 1930s. That was my fault. But all the films take place during this time period.

2.) Correction, and I spoke out of place on this subject. It was in the 1800s that slavery was abolished in the USA. Although, Racism was still abundant and in a sense it still is. Although "publicly" its supposed to be gone. I was thinking 1900s when I spoke about this, but I stand corrected, it was in the 1800s when it was abolished.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to correct my mistakes.

Don't worry. We all make mistakes

TMan

Henry W Jones said:
Don't worry. We all make mistakes

Its OK my friend. The way he made me look the information up was perfect. He wasn't arrogant, and he wasn't derogatory. So I appreciate the way he asked me for the information that I was wrong about. I thought it was the way I spoke of it, and when I looked it up, I was like "Wow.. no way.." so yea, I learned something different from what I was taught. Glad I did.

I Don Quixote

Welcome aboard! I must say, your job sounds extremely fascinating. If only I could get out of the house and into the real world...

TMan

I said:
Welcome aboard! I must say, your job sounds extremely fascinating. If only I could get out of the house and into the real world...

Well I would gladly be a part of a Indiana film if ever I could. I have always loved those movies, as well as the "Young indie" TV show. What you all do here for Fan Films is no different from what I do. I love your dedication and I admire it. Screw Hollywood, give me a Fan Film crew any day. At least you all show love for the art, and not in it for the money. That is to be admired.