General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Mickiana

Well, it was the IMDB Pro only access that made me curious. I was wondering if this meant that the info there was not put in by someone from the public, but has been put there by someone in the industry, which of course puts a more positive light on something really happening. Even though I have made criticisms of CS, I'm certainly glad they made it and now we are in that period where we will be shredding ourselves with suspense as to whether they are or are not going to make Indy 5.

Mickiana

Hi folks. I just joined IMDbPro for a two week free trial. Anyone with a valid credit card can do this. Information is as follows:

Indiana Jones 5 (2012, Steven Spielberg)
Project Notes: No script or green light yet
Production Company: Lucasfilm
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Genre: Action/Adventure/Comedy
Filmmakers: Steven Spielberg - Director, Philip Kaufman - Writer (characters), George Lucas - Writer (characters)/Producer, Kathleen Kennedy - Producer, Frank Marshall - Producer, Janusz Kaminski - Cinematographer, John Williams - Composer, Michael Kahn - Editor
Cast: Harrison Ford...Indiana Jones
Status Updated 24 June 2009

Read into it what you will. I think it says no more than what we already know. They will hold their cards tight to their chest until they tell everyone all at once.

HJJNR

Here's a cozy thought...
WHAT IF THEY'VE ALREADY MADE IT??!!

Now I know that's pure fantasy BUT imagine sitting at home watching tv and suddenly you hear the bullwhip crack the fedora flash by and Indy5 will be 'Coming soon to cinemas' :whip:

Aaaaw now I've depressed myself. But hey... what a thought!

I'm growing tired of all this hearsay and speculation... lets have a definite either way! :sleep:

lao che & sons

Hmmmm, there's one thing on that list that is sorta new to me. The other writer (character) is that who will write the scrip this tiem around? Is this old news?:confused:

Zeppelin

Philip Kaufman? I assume he's just on there because he was involved in developing the Indy concept very early on (before Raiders).

Morning Bell

I won't get excited until Spielberg and Lucas make an official announcement. I can't bear the thought of getting my hopes up only to find out that it's been scraped. The fact that they're still talking about it is a good sign but I'd like a concrete date or press release to make it official.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I find the 2012 date on that info interesting. That's something I haven't heard. Perhaps the guys have set themselves a due date that it would be the latest time to release the film (kind of like when HF gave them a 2 year period for Indy IV)? Dunno, just speculating. Has anyone else seen that 2012 date before?

Crack that whip

Violet Indy said:
I find the 2012 date on that info interesting. That's something I haven't heard. Perhaps the guys have set themselves a due date that it would be the latest time to release the film (kind of like when HF gave them a 2 year period for Indy IV)? Dunno, just speculating. Has anyone else seen that 2012 date before?

I've seen it lots of times before, though not as an Indiana Jones movie release date. If anything, it sounds more like a date that could be mentioned in an Indy movie.
;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
^ Yeah, actually. I was thinking that too. But surely George wouldn't go all aliens and Mayan on us AGAIN! :eek:

Or he could go book of Revelations, but I don't know what would be a MacGuffin and how you would do that if the film was set say, in the early '60s?

Dr. Gonzo: Agreed. Which is why I'm suggesting that it's more of a "Best Before" or "Due by" date like the 2 year period HF gave them for KOTCS. Again though, have you heard that date associated with Indy in any rumour, coz I certainly haven't (admittedly though, I don't spend a lot of time on the net, so I'm probably wrong).

lao che & sons

Zeppelin said:
Philip Kaufman? I assume he's just on there because he was involved in developing the Indy concept very early on (before Raiders).

I guess so. I'm almost certain that they're going to do it but you never know.:rolleyes:

James

Violet Indy said:
Has anyone else seen that 2012 date before?

I think it's the first mention of it.

You could also be right about the "due date" aspect of it. They would likely prefer to release the film before Ford turns 70- if only to avoid the media focusing too much on the age issue (again).

AlivePoet

James said:
I think it's the first mention of it.

You could also be right about the "due date" aspect of it. They would likely prefer to release the film before Ford turns 70- if only to avoid the media focusing too much on the age issue (again).

Let's not forget, they're also shooting within a window that will close shut indefinitely later that year. Gotta end the series before the end times.

;)

Grizzlor

It really is going to depend on whether Lucas comes up with a reasonable outline, or something absurd again. The fact is, if he hadn't insisted on the aliens since 1995, we would have had several more Indiana Jones movies by now. If he has an idea they all like, I think it will go forward rather quickly.

lao che & sons

Grizzlor said:
It really is going to depend on whether Lucas comes up with a reasonable outline, or something absurd again. The fact is, if he hadn't insisted on the aliens since 1995, we would have had several more Indiana Jones movies by now. If he has an idea they all like, I think it will go forward rather quickly.

and now look where we are, the aliens are the most hated thing about crystal skull, and harrison may be so old that he can only shoot 2 more indys mayber 3 at the VERY most. Man sometimes I really hate george lucas:mad: then I think about american graffiti :) then I think about star wars :( okay, okay maybe not star wars then I think about american graffiti :D

(jk about the star wars, you gotta love star wars(y) )

Johnny Nys

Remember that first video on the official website, the gang back together, let's have some fun?

And that first pic of Ford in that chair, wearing hat and satchel?

I don't think that feeling will be quite reached again should Indy 5 officially take off, but it sure will come close.