Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

kongisking

Spectre said:
Agreed!
And his selfish act left behind three children under 10-years old without a father.
I hope the media lays off him, now.

You, um, ever have personal demons, Spectre? They're quite, say, difficult to get over. This wasn't him being a scumbag and taking the cheap way out, it was a tragic relapse and error in judgement. Be a little sensitive here...

And RIP Shirley. I actually know who she is, thanks to my mother being a huge fan of hers. Saw a couple of her movies as a kid, even. And yes, she was an adorable little spark of charm. Makes me feel silly for not even being aware that she eventually become an ambassador. Makes a cool person even cooler. We'll miss you, Shirley. :(

Stoo

R.I.P. Miguel Providenti

In loving memory of a dear friend?
---
Miguel Providenti
10 February 1967 - 3 February 2014

Miguel_1982_small2_zps4f481a48.jpg

This picture is from an Indiana Jones-inspired video that we filmed at my family's cottage in July 1982.

He is the one whom I first saw "Raiders" with on its opening weekend. We were bosom buddies from 1978 until this very day, sometimes miles apart but perpetually close in spirit & only a phone call away. Unexpectedly & tragically, he is now gone. His passing is painfully devastating and I am broken because of it.

Miguel had a brilliant, scientific mind, a wonderfully wacky sense of humour and an incredibly kind, generous, wholesome soul. He was an impeccable companion with no faults to speak of. Never a cross word between us, I admired, respected and adored him immensely.

I love you, Miguel, and you shall always live within my heart & mind forever.

kongisking

I'm very sorry for your loss, Stoo. My thoughts go to you and his family.

Do we have a thread for personal losses, though? I thought this was for celebrity deaths?

Stoo

Thank you, sincerely, for your condolences, Kong. You would've loved Miguel. He was a shining star and his memory will continue to glow, as long as I live & breathe?and beyond the beyond.

As for personal losses, there are already a few in this thread and the title doesn't specify "celebrity deaths". The only reason why I mentioned my dearly departed Miguel to you folks is because he was a fellow Indy fan.

If anyone objects, then Shirley Temple (R.I.P.) is ready to punch them right in the face.

WeeWillieWinkie_01_zpsfbb926d8.jpg

So sad. So hard. So painful. So tough to deal with...Hope y'all will understand.

Please resume the regular celebrity death reports at your own behest.

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
Do we have a thread for personal losses, though? I thought this was for celebrity deaths?
This thread is for all kinds of losses... as long as you can make their eulogies matter.

In case you wonder what that means, you could roughly think it as no sadfaces for your neighbor's cat dying. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Joe Brody

featofstrength said:
brief, but very nice...

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing it. I'm sure the status of their relationship will be updated in the coming days but I was thinking of this quote from this 2004 New Yorker article:

Except for brief exchanges at a wake and a bar mitzvah, the two men haven?t talked in eleven years.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing it. I'm sure the status of their relationship will be updated in the coming days but I was thinking of this quote from this 2004 New Yorker article:

I try to keep flowing commentary out of this thread. But the above riff, is why I believe this thread has value. Sure, death happens and sometimes it's expected and sometimes not.

But never let loose ends go untied, if they deserve to be tied up. I think that is why a reminder of the ever present eternalness (death: however you define it) should be remembered in the moment. Make life happen now.

Sea Monarch

Stoo, my condolences, to you and Miguel's family and other loved ones. He sounds like a charming, delightful fellow. Sorry for your loss. :(

How special is that, that he was also a huge Indiana Jones fan, that you guys made home Indy movies together, and saw the premier of Raiders together. What Awesome experiences to remember him by! No doubt there were many others (non Indy as well)!

Also what a surprise regarding Ramis. I always loved the wit he brought to movies like Ghostbusters, and other projects.

If there's anything that can be learned from Ramis' oeuvre and legacy, it's that Crossing the streams is BAD (usually), and that if you're stuck living the same day over and over again, why not make it the greatest day EVER! Thanks for the Wisdom, and the important safety tip, Egon! (y)

kongisking

Groundhog Day ranks among Pixar's Up and Casablanca as one of the few truly "perfect" films, in my opinion. I'll miss you, Harold. :(

TheFedora

R.I.P. Gabriel Garcia Marquez... I had to read one of his books for school (Love in the Time of Cholera)...and I have to say he really was a very talented writer.