Soundtracks?

indy dave

Hi Junior ..

Winrar & Explorer weren't working for me either.

I was able to get it by using an old verison of pkunzip.exe from the command line. It still said it was corrupted, but it extracted anyways.

T.E.Lawrence

indy dave said:
Hi Junior ..

Winrar & Explorer weren't working for me either.

I was able to get it by using an old verison of pkunzip.exe from the command line. It still said it was corrupted, but it extracted anyways.

Ok this is the magic trick.

Open WINRAR.

Browse to the archived file.

Open it.

Mark track 15.

Before you extract it be sure to check the square "KEEP BROKEN FILES".

Chose the folder for extraction.

Extract it!

Happy Listening :)

Tash, thank you so much for this wonderful find.
Just listening - altought the sources are known it is nice to have another compilation.

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
Looks like someone has been working in parallel to our efforts, albeit not as far along:

http://totallyradicalsoundtrax.blogspot.com/2009/09/young-indiana-jones-chronicles-1992.html

The writer took Rosenthal's promo tracks, Sobel promo tracks, the Mexico 1916 segment, an audio rip from Scandal and put together his own Vol 5 (with covert art!). Nothing we haven't run across (I think I mentioned possible Scandal rips before...) but it's nice to know we're not alone.

I commented and invited the author over this way...
Hope the person finds this thread. He/she will be shocked, I think.;) Maybe you did mention the "Scandal" tracks but you can refresh my memory, please? I see he has:

25. Jennifer Stevens - Finale (Scandal of 1920)

Junior Jones said:
Okay, I have the OST's and I've already aquired the promotional releases. I've extracted what I can from the DVD's (though I had problems with a few files). It looks like most of what I'm missing is from LEGO Indy. Since I only have the PS2 version of that, any help would be appreciated. You guys rock!(y)
Sent you the .ZIP file last week. Did you get it?

Junior Jones

InexorableTash said:
Fingers crossed for LEGO Indy 2!

I know it's still fairly early, but has anyone been able to analyze the music in this? (I haven't gotten my copy yet. It'll be Christmas at the earliest.)

Stoo

Stoo said:
25. Jennifer Stevens - Finale (Scandal of 1920)
Just wanted to point out that for that other guy's compilation which Tash found, Jennifer Stevens is the actress who plays Peggy and is NOT the composer.
Inexorable Tash said:
I went through Scandal of 1920 and added cue lists to the spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...ZOGx5V2c&hl=en)
* several classics ("When My Baby Smiles At Me", "A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody", "It Seldom Comes True", "The Man I Love") which are not on the OST are "clean" on the DVD

I haven't done the DVD rips, just pointed out the possibilities.
Ah, yes, thanks for refreshing my memory. "A Young/Bold Aviator Lay Dying" from "Hawkmen" is also a prime candidate for a clean, audio rip. (Too bad we can't get an unspoiled version of the song aboard the ship in "Peacock". I really like that one.)
fommes said:
I haven't got the game myself, but am in the process of trying to get the OGG files.
Fingers crossed, fommes!(y) Speaking of new stuff (90+ minutes!), something big and very special has happened so watch your e-mails (T.E. Lawrence, I need your e-mail address. Please PM it to me.) You guys are going to love it...;)

InexorableTash

Next time, on a very special episode of StooTV...

You tease!

And good luck, fommes. FWIW, I'll probably order the PC version of LIJ2 today. My son has almost hit 100 gold bricks in LSW2 and so the family needs a new game.

InexorableTash

Oh and "that other guy" should be joining us shortly. We've been in touch via email and he's registered for The Raven, just waiting for mod approval before he can post.

Crack that whip

I haven't been able to get either of the LEGO Indy games yet; I'm dying to have them, both as the games themselves and as sources of more music. I wish I had more to contribute to the effort to gather together all the YIJC score sources...

fommes

InexorableTash said:
Next time, on a very special episode of StooTV...

You tease!

And good luck, fommes. FWIW, I'll probably order the PC version of LIJ2 today. My son has almost hit 100 gold bricks in LSW2 and so the family needs a new game.

I've already got 39 files (now listening to them to see if there's something new), but I was suspecting there might be more. But if you're getting the PC version, our problem is solved - I think the OGG files are easily retrievable if I'm not mistaken!

And Stoo, what a cliffhanger! :)

fommes

A quick breakdown of some new Lego files:

4.1a Hangar Act KOTCS Warehouse Chase material (all pre-viz?)
4.1a Hangar Qui KOTCS unreleased Warehouse
4.1b Control Room Act KOTCS Warehouse action material
4.1b Control Room Qui = 4.1a Qui KOTCS unreleased Warehouse
4.2 Doom Town Free Act Young Indy released Princeton?
4.2 Doom Town Free Qui KOTCS unreleased Rocket Sled aftermath
4.2 Doom Town Story Act = 4.2 DTF Act? SFX Young Indy released Princeton?
4.3 Diner Free SFX Wind Young Indy unreleased ? Austria? (cf Lego 1?)
4.3 Diner Story Afm SFX ??? Emperor?s Tomb?
4.3 Diner Story Bfm SFX KOTCS released Motorcycle chase
4.4 Motorbike Act (= Diner Story Bfm) KOTCS released Motorcycle chase
4.4 Motorbike Qui SFX Bird KOTCS unreleased Introducing Mutt
4.5 Crane Train Act SFX!! ??? Young Indy or Emperor?s Tomb?
4.5 Crane Train Qui SFX!! Young Indy Transylvania
5.0 South America Hub Act KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase
5.0 South America Hub Qui SFX Young Indy unreleased (Verdun?)
5.1 Asylum Act KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase (pre-viz?)
5.1 Asylum Qui KOTCS released
5.2 Orellana Act KOTCS released / TOD released
5.2 Orellana Qui Young Indy unreleased
5.3 Camp Escape Act SFX Bird KOTCS released
5.3 Camp Escape Qui Young Indy unreleased
5.4 Jeep Chase Act SFX Bird KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase
5.4 Jeep Chase Qui SFX Young Indy Transylvania
5.5 Jungle Fight Act SFX KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase
5.5 Jungle Fight Qui SFX ROTLA released
6.0 Akator Hub Act KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase (pre-viz?)
6.0 Akator Hub Qui SFX KOTCS released?
6.1 Ant Attack Act KOTCS released Ant Attack
6.1 Ant Attack Qui SFX ROTLA released
6.2 Waterfalls Act SFX TOD Water! / Slalom / unreleased Water part?
6.2 Waterfalls Qui SFX ROTLA released
6.3 Temple Entrance Act SFX ??? Emperor?s Tomb
6.3 Temple Entrance Qui SFX KOTCS ???? / released / ???
6.4 Mayan Fight Act KOTCS released
6.4 Mayan Fight Qui SFX animal Young Indy unreleased
6.5 Alien Chamber Act KOTCS released / Young Indy unreleased
6.5 Alien Chamber Qui SFX! KOTCS released
6.5 Alien Chamber B Act SFX! (cf Alien Ch act) KOTCS released / Young Indy unreleased

The bulk of it is unusable, but a few new tidbits here and there.

fommes

Cheers, well done! I'll try and do a better-organized excel document next time myself :)
Oh, you can leave out all the non-young indy stuff if you want, for easier reference?

InexorableTash

For completeness, I want to identify everything. We should color code it with traffic light colors, though (like we did for the LIJ1 one); anything identified as released gets a boring gray background, anything identified as unreleased gets green, anything not yet fully identified gets yellow, anything completely unidentified gets red.

I also want to open up the spreadsheet to the JWFAN forums; I've registered but can't post yet. fommes, if you happen to re-post to that thread, can you extend the offer?

Oh, hey, I hit 100 posts. Time to pick an avatar...

Irfaan

Hi everyone,

I've been a bit out of touch on the Young Indy news as of recent (still watch all the DVDs though) and I am also passionate about the Young Indy soundtrack. I have the first 4 albums and all the DVDs and as much as I would like to have all the soundtrack it seems like it's too difficult to do for me as I think I lack the expertise and can't afford to spend any time on it currently.

Though, if there is one track I would desperately want, it's "The Future is Here / The Winds of Change" (if that's the one that comes at the end of the episode when Indy talks to father/leaves home).

This might sound like too much for anyone to do for me, but if anyone has that I would be really thankful :) I could show proof that I have all the DVDs etc if you want.

Thanks!

InexorableTash

Irfaan said:
Though, if there is one track I would desperately want, it's "The Future is Here / The Winds of Change" (if that's the one that comes at the end of the episode when Indy talks to father/leaves home).

That's my name for the music used for the end credits of "The Winds of Change" DVD, which is used at the 1:22:54 mark in the episode when Indy is talking with Dr. Goddard and makes the "the future is here" speech.

PM me if you need more.

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
Oh and "that other guy" should be joining us shortly. We've been in touch via email and he's registered for The Raven, just waiting for mod approval before he can post.
That's good but his head might explode when he sees how much more stuff there is out there!:eek: Laird has also been informed of this thread. Hopefully, he will join us, too.
Crack that whip said:
I haven't been able to get either of the LEGO Indy games yet; I'm dying to have them, both as the games themselves and as sources of more music. I wish I had more to contribute to the effort to gather together all the YIJC score sources...
Well, you have been instrumental in identifying sources for extra tracks on legit compilations. You'll be sorted out soon enough...;)
fommes said:
A quick breakdown of some new Lego files:
Hurrah! Way to go, fommes!(y)
Inexorable Tash said:
In Google Doc form for easier collaboration - PM me your email address if you want editing capabilities.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Fa3llZWc&hl=en
I signed in with my previous Google Doc username & password but I still can't edit the new LEGO sheet.:confused: