Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

avidfilmbuff

I've also been taking time playing the Phoenix Wright games. I finished Apollo Justice not too long ago. Overall, the gameplay is great, but I don't care very much for the story nor for the anime art style.

Snakes

Just finished Bioshock 2. AMAZING! Not quite as profoundly good as the first but still a great game. The story, voice acting, and gameplay are all excellent, but the thing that really makes Bioshock stand out for me is its sense of style. It's rare to see a first person horror/action/scifi game with so much 1930s/40s influence. Great soundtrack, and really well polished all around. (y)

AlivePoet

They made a game of Dante's Inferno? From the looks of things they could've titled it anything along the lines of "demons fire hell gore concept." I'm guessing they missed the conceptual brilliance and point of Dante's work altogether.

This was never meant to be a video game...seriously, what the hell?

Next, watch Hollywood make a video game-based film from this... :rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
AlivePoet said:
Next, watch Hollywood make a video game-based film from this... :rolleyes:
I think I'll skip that one. Might pick up the novelization when it comes available though.

<small>Yes. I know.</small>

Le Saboteur

This should look familiar to all Grim Fandango fans. And if it doesn't, let's hope you qualify for one of the premium packages.

14105435.jpg

avidfilmbuff

I've finally finished playing Broken Sword, and I must say, it was fantastic. I would say it's probably in my top 10 or 20 favorite games. The ending was a little weak, but not bad. I'll probably begin playing the second game tomorrow.

I'd like to thank Finn for bringing it to my attention. And if anybody knows of any other good adventure games, ideally one that can be played on ScummVM, please PM me.

Dr Bones

COD MW2 and BFBC2....a bit of AVP as well...but I will trade em all for Red Dead Redemption out next month.

Looks simply amazing...not really up to date with umpcoming games these days but I was mighty impressed by what I have seen about this game.

Spooky thing was today I was lamenting the lack of a decent western type game and that an MMO or online shooter was crying out to be made...I did a quick google for new western games and BAM!.

It's like my prayers were answered!!!

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/

Nurhachi1991

Im still playing Uncharted.

and I agree Red Dead Redemption will be the best game ever. Ive been following it since its announcement. I looooove westerns

Ive beat Gun like a billion times and Call of Juarez 1 and 2 were good but Red Dead Revolver is my favorite western game.

Theres just not enough Western games

DocWhiskey

After downloading the new demo, I've rediscovered my old Splinter Cell games. They're still great. I'm a creepy perfectionist when it comes to those games. I redo everything constantly.