Why Henry Defonz?

00Kevin

Indyfan
when he went into the office to sigh up, he had to make something belgium up, the sigh read "No smoking" I forget what the translation was, but smoking was Defense (pronounced Defonz) so he just put that as his name

a bit of Irony, the man who indy game his papers to was smoking :D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Ha!

That's great, I never knew why he chose that for his last name either (I've only seen the 12 YIJC on video, as well as My First Adventure, Demons of Deception, and small parts of the Teddy Roosevelt/Picasso one and the one in China [I think those are called Passion for Life and Journey of Radiance, but I'm not sure.]).

00Kevin

Indyfan
On Second thought....

Actually, it was because indy had on his leather jacket and looked like Henry Winkler so he said:

"Ehhhhhhhh. Don't Mess with De Fonz."

Randy_Flagg

That whole Henry Defonz thing kind of annoyed me at the time. I remember thinking, "This guy acts nothing like Indiana Jones, and now they don't even call him Indiana Jones, so why the hell is the show called 'The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.' Why not just make him an entirely different character (which he is anyway) called Henry Defonz and stop using the Indy name as a marketing ploy?" I guess the marketing ploy didn't work all that well anyway since only about five people ever watched the show.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
00Kevin said:
when he went into the office to sigh up, he had to make something belgium up, the sigh read "No smoking" I forget what the translation was, but smoking was Defense (pronounced Defonz) so he just put that as his name

The translation is défense de fumer.