Transylvania 1918 and The Monkey King

Wilhelm

I noticed that the opening of The Monkey King Script (INDY III) is reminiscent of the Young Indy episode "Transylvania, January 1918". At last Lucas made his "phantom house" idea for a Indy film.

Wilhelm

Yes, it was one of the best and the only one that uses a sobrenatural plot, like the films.

It's available on video under the title "Masks Of Evil".

Indy Smith

It was one of the only supernatural stories that springs to mind. I always enjoyed the Giver and Taker of Life personally. I thought Indy learned a lesson that he used to help the slave children of The Temple of Doom

Goodsport

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I heard that there were two Young Indiana Jones episodes that were never aired here in the U.S. :(

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp The "Transylvania 1918" episode was apparently one of them... what was the name of the other one? :confused:

-G

Wilhelm

There were 4 episodes unaired:

- Florence, May 1908
- Prague, August 1917
- Palestine, October 1917
- Transylvania, January 1918

In Spain, where I lives, we could see all of these episodes.

Goodsport

Wilhelm said:
There were 4 episodes unaired:

- Florence, May 1908
- Prague, August 1917
- Palestine, October 1917
- Transylvania, January 1918

In Spain, where I lives, we could see all of these episodes.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Why weren't those four episodes aired in the U.S.? :confused:

-G

Goodsport

Wilhelm said:
Because the original series was canceled.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp You mean that those were the last four episodes of the series that were to be aired in the U.S.? But why were those episodes then aired in other countries but not in the U.S? :confused:

-G

Wilhelm

I don´t know: in Spain we could see alternate episodes and Tv movies from 1992 to 2000 because the channel Antena 3 TV was a partner of Lucasfilm and co-produced the series.

Patrick

Was "The Peacock's eye" one of the good ones? Cause then I definetly don't want to see the bad ones.

Patrick

Um... Not to flood with my posts, but I just wanted to say the whole story was pretty good until the end. C'mon! If almost dying didn't steer you away from it, than why would a guy you don't know turn you off it when he talks to you for a day? I would have him almost lose Remy and have him say " Life with you is better than treasure" and they go across the world for site-seeing or something :p. Anways, I think that the movie ended too soon.

bob

Patrick said:
Um... Not to flood with my posts, but I just wanted to say the whole story was pretty good until the end. C'mon! If almost dying didn't steer you away from it, than why would a guy you don't know turn you off it when he talks to you for a day? I would have him almost lose Remy and have him say " Life with you is better than treasure" and they go across the world for site-seeing or something :p. Anways, I think that the movie ended too soon.

Thats because they were two TV programmes glued together and Young Indy is not about artifacts it is about him roving around the world in search of famous people like some sort of crazed baseball card collector.

Patrick

Yeah your probably right. The show did have some use do, it tells us why he was hired by people to go after artifacts ( He was a espionage agent, right?).

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
bob said:
Patrick said:

Thats because they were two TV programmes glued together and Young Indy is not about artifacts it is about him roving around the world in search of famous people like some sort of crazed baseball card collector.
HA! That is true!

In many ways either Indy was seeking these famous people out, or he has the longest running streak of luck known to mankind. I mean if he had really met and befriended so many famous faces, than surely he would have ended up in some history book, etc.

I think that regardless of the goal of the Young Indy chronicles, Indy should never 'give up' half way through an adventure. It doesn't sit well and opens a door of questions, like why not 'give up' during Raiders or Last Crusade? Nah, Indy should've completed the quest. Period.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
He had a great philosopher there with him...that's what great philosophers are supposed to do...convince people to do something worthwhile.

Patrick

I had a long post saying this but for some reason, my computer exited all my programs causing me to lose about 3 paragraphs of work that ironically, I can't remeber. Anyways I'll be short. Indy's character is very different in about a 10 year different which gives us a vague view of what his character and personality is. Which is kind of confusing person that George Lucas created to have us posting messages and response to eachother; And I don't see why they did it unless they couldn't explain to us what it is. Indiana didn't even ask questions! The least they could do is have Indy form a conversation with him instead of having Dr.Bronsilow?(I can't remember his name) sit around talking like some kind of radio. The series are well done, being that there are 12 of them that should deserve at least 3 stars for all of them, though I have only seen one. I just want them to make the other ones (If they are having others) A bit longer to not pull the story off so quickly. There all I wanted to say summed up in one Paragraph... Or maybe if I "proofread" it would be two. Anyways that's all I have to say