What's in Indy's Bag

Finn

Staff member
"I left it in my other pants..."

You know, I think our good Dr. Jones borrowed them! :D

Luckylighter

Doesn't he keep his Browning in there in "Raiders"?

I'm pretty sure he keeps a copy of the script in there too, just in case. ;) (Despite what Ren says, the only real way Indy knows where to go is because of the script)

A bottle of water seems appropriate, since he's always in the desert or a jungle--except for when he's in Nepal, where he would need to carry those heat gel packs to stay warm.

I would think he carries some kind of food in there--I like the beef jerky idea Indy Benson came up with, because that's what I carry in mine. :D

But the most important thing I think he carries in his satchel are action figures of himself, so he has something to play with on those long zeppelin or plane flights--like Rick Moranis in "Spaceballs".

Luckylighter

Renderking Fisk said:
I don't think he has an action figure of himself in his bag. That's just WEIRD.

I know, I was just kidding. I just liked the idea of Indy mimicing that scene in Spaceballs, when Colonel Sanders walks in on Dark Helmet playing with his dolls. "Oh, your helmet is so big!"

Tennessee R

Re: Re: The real answer...

westford said:
I reckon he must have some deodorant in there, cos no matter how hot and weaty he gets (calm down Canyon! ;)) the girls never complain about him having bad BO...
Wow, you just described one of the contents of my MK VII, Westford!
And I keep a compass, as Aaron H said.
and extra socks and etc., as Indy Benson said.

I think that his 'fortune and glory' would be the most crucial items of Indy's bag, and he had to have room for those.

Also, we don't see any other articles falling out with the Sankara Stones, when the bag is burnt.

Tennessee R

I think that there are small sextants, Ren. Small enough to carry around in his bag. Although the instrument would probably take up most of his bag. He might could have used the sextant for finding latatude an long, that were on maps.

Indy Benson

We learned how to use one in Boy Scouts (a long, long time ago)

It has to do with measuring the sun at it's highest point, and comparing it to the latitude line for the sun on that day (using charts). Then we used a chronometer to find longitude.

Tennessee R

Everyone should read The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne.
It has a neat explanation on how they found their lat and long.

Finn

Staff member
I don't know how to use a sextant (can't we just cut to the let's-smoke-cigs-tant) but I do know how to navigate and my find my way by using the sun or stars. At least on the northern side of the equator, that is.

Indy's brother

Pale Horse said:
What's in Indy's Bag...NOW...after KOTCS

Marion's shopping list. And Mutt's lecture notes from Marshall College. He was ill this week, and Dr. Jones wants to make sure Henry Jones, III FINISHES SCHOOL!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indyologist said:
* Pocketknife
* shells
* Khaki colored condoms
* Coupon for a 2 for 1 drink special at Hooters in Tanzania. (okay, I obviously those last 2 up, but hey, the condoms are at least a good idea. Wouldn't want to accidently make up an unexpected Indy IV plot line...)

Well, apparently we can scratch all of these off of the list...

Raiders90

His razor.
Mutt's comb. (He hides it in his bag because seeing Mutt use it all the time annoys him).
Ear hair clipper (Indy is getting on in years after all....)

Pale Horse

Staff member
View-Master Stereoscope Monsanto Plastic (1953)

tvlley54hwj2tv.jpg

Maybe he's into 3D too? It was big in the 50's...

His pocket knife, pencils, his journal, a brush/broom, a small spade, hand pick/hammer, 1911 and ammo, thread/needles, matches, salt, leather dressing, gun oil, towel, deck of cards, various coins, his passport, gum, compass, maps, hanging scale, roll with precision tools, mirror, razor, tape measure/folding rule, magnifying glass, bandages, antiseptic, page of exchange rates fom a current Wall Street Journal, Utility Manufacturing Company Falcon Model F Camera/film, fifth of Jameson...
...a second bag.

Last edited: