Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

RaidersoftheArk

PS2 will due fine but whats going on with Lucuas,first scrapping the magazines,hasbro goed dead,the game canceld 3 years..(n) Thats no good towards the Indy Fans. The trailer really shows the Indy vibe,good trailer..and anyone noticed Loa Che above the bar..:hat: :p At least we got something...(y)

RaidersoftheArk

Ow yeah,everybody is already mentioning the game will suck,well you first HAVE to PLAY it before you make a statement..maybe it will be better than the first Indiana tomb ..but dont judge when you have not played the game:confused:

Henry

where can I find the concept arts of staff of king from "Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts" book?

I want to see it! please somebody help me.

Indy's brother

caats said:
what the heck, was that peter warburton as indy? haha.

gardenofallahbushman.JPG

Good call, caats. Indy definitely bears a resemblance to Francis X. Bushman. (wow, what an obscure reference, Dennis Miller would be proud of you!) I think they did an adequate job in creating a reasonable likeness of Indy, but I wouldn't say that they nailed it either. I've always found it annoying when games are advertised using cutscenes instead of gameplay, but the character models don't look that much different from the euphoria demo we've all seen for this game. Any news is good news, so I am just relieved to see that this game hasn't been shelved completely.

indyjones2131

First of all: graphics. It is true that graphics do not make the game. But they DO contribute to IMMERSION and that is a huge factor in a game like this. Not to mention, they advertised the game to look a certain way, with a certain level of quality that to be honest wasn't even as poslished as it would have looked had it come out. To just cancel that like that is sad and terrible business. Look at that 2006 trailer again...

Second of all, advertised. Yes this game was ADVERTISED as coming out on Next Gen Systems 360 and PS3. Lucasarts put out a TRAILER for this game 3 years ago. That trailer is an advertisement, nothing else. As is the press release that came with it.

Third, I work in the video game industry and film industry. I can tell you exactly what this game will be like just from its development history and this new trailer. "But it has no actual gameplay" you say? Exactly. This game is supposed to come out THIS SPRING. To release a trailer with no gameplay (or fanfare for that matter) does not make things look promising. Ds and Wii scream pointless, intrusive mini-games. It will cater to the casual gamer and be entirely forgetable.

Trust me.

Last edited:

San Holo

If anyone has played the Wii version of Force Unleashed, it is not alll that different than on the 360- so keep your fingers crossed that Staff of Kings will follow the same pattern. As for the game not being released for next gen consoles, I still think we might be seeing Dr.Jones in the future..;)

Indy's brother

spiralout said:
Ugh, that voice. What happened to the voice actor from Emperor's Tomb? Even Doug Lee sounded better than that.

Yeah, no kidding. Why can't they run that voice through some filters/effects to "bring out" a little more Indy-ness? My vote for a voice actor would have been Jerry Scullion. He did a pretty passible Indy in the audio drama "Indiana Jones and the Well of Life". He's not perfect, but he's better than the guy they got.

Dewy9

Well we kind of saw this coming with the Nintendo Power tease, but I'm still super excited! I've got a Wii, so I'm set. I really can't wait to get this.

As for the complaints- it's the trailer. That's like judging a movie by it's poster. And the voice acting complaints, well, he said one line and made a few groans. I thought he sounded pretty good and probably better than the other Indy voice actors.

CasualJeff

Wow--I thought the trailer looked awesome. Voices and all!

I'm skeptical over the fact that it showed no gameplay, though. I sure hope this turns out well...

QBComics

Loved the trailer.

But seriously, PS2? My PS2 doesn't even work anymore... (n)

I may get it for the Wii, but PS3 would've been the smarter choice...

DocWhiskey

I've never been so extremely excited and so extremely pissed off at the same time.

Need...to...vent.

I nearly shat myself when I seen the headline on the frontpage. And after viewing the trailer, it's a cool little Indy adventure short, but you can't judge ANYTHING from it.

It's not actual gameplay and it's not the actual graphics. So basically all this trailer does is signify that Staff of Kings still has a pulse. A faint pulse, but still a pulse.

The whole thing is such an enormous tease. And not a good one. This trailer is a very very VERY cruel tease. It shows you how great this game could look if it was next gen. And then it announces that it's not.

Ouch.:dead:

I have a PS2 (which might as well be considered a dusty old artifact by today's standards) and a DS. I probably will pick up both versions.

But I fear that this game will suck, quite frankly. It will suck hard.

It's been in development hell for 3 or 4 years. There's been barely any news. The next gen versions have seemed to be scrapped. Frankly it seems like a failed project. IMO the only reason they're going to release these is to make some quick cash. The game will probably be glitchy, broken, and outright forgotten for the strange release it's going to get.

These types of games are usually mediocre at best.

But there still could be hope. Perhaps the handheld versions will be good seeing as their usually much different from the console versions. The PS2 version could have a chance. Since it's not a next gen game, it may not be a fuzzy bland port. It may capitalize on the PS2's great attributes. I mean, MGS2, God of War, and the Splinter Cell games still look fantastic and are as epic as next gen sometimes even more so.

So there's still hope.

Just because it's not next gen doesn't mean it will suck. There's just a high chance it will :p

And as for the Wii? Well, 3/4 of it's game library is pretty bland according to most review sites. But who knows.

We need more news. I still can't wait to play it.

But my god what could have been:(

San Holo said:
If anyone has played the Wii version of Force Unleashed, it is not alll that different than on the 360- so keep your fingers crossed that Staff of Kings will follow the same pattern. As for the game not being released for next gen consoles, I still think we might be seeing Dr.Jones in the future..;)

The Force Unleashed was fine on Wii...Im glad I'll get to play a new Indy game!:)

Grizzlor

Well, I have a old PS2 (and old Xbox) but none of the newer systems, so this works out for me. Although they probably would have released for PS2 anyway. Very strange. I guess that was the reason for the very long delay.

Lon

Yeah this is crap. The original announcement was that this WOULDN'T be for the Wii but the PS3 and Xbox 360. Now it's the exact opposite? I bought my Xbox 360 specifically so I could play this game when it came out.

Grizzlor

Lon said:
Yeah this is crap. The original announcement was that this WOULDN'T be for the Wii but the PS3 and Xbox 360. Now it's the exact opposite? I bought my Xbox 360 specifically so I could play this game when it came out.
It sounds like they developed a lower res/console version fine, which is probably in line with the graphics/capabilities of Emperor's Tomb. That would include the Wii, which is only 480p at maximum. The development for X360 and PS3 was done by another group, which apparently failed to deliver. Of course, if it does come to PS2, PS3 users would still be able to play the game. Xbox 360 users like you would be out of luck. Strange it will not come on PC either.

Finn

Staff member
Grizzlor said:
The development for X360 and PS3 was done by another group, which apparently failed to deliver.
Let's get the facts straight. As stated already, people at LucasArts was developing the next-gen version by themselves, but the company shut down its own development units this fall. End of story for PS3 and XO.

The versions still coming out are being developed by third parties and LucasArts will only act as a publisher.