Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #51
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
Just had an idea. You could also print out the crate on paper and glue it onto some balsa wood.

I did this very thing yesterday and it came out great! Much nicer looking than the cardboard, version 1.0 crate.

It was still drying last night, held together with rubber bands, so I didn't get a chance to take pics...will post some when I get home today.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #52
Billy Ray
IndyFan

As promised, pics of the new Ark crate (and one w/my custom Raiders Indy with updated head):

Old 05-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #53
SPECTER
IndyFan

Anyone have any tips for painting stubble im kinda new to customizing figures i have only done 2. im aiming for this

SPECTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #54
doesitmatter
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
As promised, pics of the new Ark crate (and one w/my custom Raiders Indy with updated head):

That head is fantastic! Which one was it before the repaint?
doesitmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #55
Agent Spalko

That Ark crate RULES!!! Outstanding!!!
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #56
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesitmatter
That head is fantastic! Which one was it before the repaint?

It is the deluxe Pitfall Indy head...and it's not a repaint! I already had one, but I saw this one on the pegs today and had to buy it! I live the look of grim determination he has.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #57
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
That Ark crate RULES!!! Outstanding!!!

Well, I have you to thank for the idea of using balsa wood
Old 05-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #58
Marty Jones
IndyFan

Nice job on the Ark crate. I might have to try something like that for myself. Do you have the dimensions for it?

By the way, I love the look your Indy figure has there. Looks like you found one with a good likeness and a little personality to boot.
Marty Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #59
Agent Spalko

Did you cut the printouts into strips and glue them onto each strip of balsa wood or are the sides a solid piece of wood that you glued the paper onto?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #60
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Quote:
Did you cut the printouts into strips and glue them onto each strip of balsa wood or are the sides a solid piece of wood that you glued the paper onto?

The sides are just solid with the images from soloboy5 glued to them. I used thinner strips pieces of balsa for the support frame pieces around the edges.

Quote:
Nice job on the Ark crate. I might have to try something like that for myself. Do you have the dimensions for it?

By the way, I love the look your Indy figure has there. Looks like you found one with a good likeness and a little personality to boot.

I just cut the wood to the same dimensions as the images. The dimensions are given on soloboy5's instruction page.

BTW, he also has posted instructions for making a really cool Staff of Ra!

Yeah, it's the best Raiders era Indy likeness I have seen, I couldn't pass it up! The "Cairo Indy" standing behind him has the head first Pitfall Indy I bought.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:07 AM   #61
SPECTER
IndyFan

If anyone was thinking of painting a good sculpt of old Indy into a young Indy, save your time and money. KOTCS Indy head is to fat looking wile most Raiders heads iv seen are too skinny. it was just a test but it looks like Old Indy just got a dye job
Old 05-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #62
SPECTER
IndyFan

i just tried with a different figure painting the hair works great with RPG Indy's head, the hair mold on KOTCS with CS doesnt look right brown but RPG's is just right.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #63
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Really? I haven't really scrutinized them side by side, but I assumed they were the same head sculpt on both figures.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #64
Montana_Jones
IndyFan

I take it some vehicle and aircraft models in the 1:18 scale would also work for the line? 21st Century Extreme action figures look quite good for Nazi troop building. Only saw some Afrika Korps. None Berlin area i.e. Last Crusade. Thinking of buying some Nazi Soldiers and doing minor repaints on the arms, legs and such to make it look more like cloth instead of plastic. Of course my custom painting skills are absolutely sh!te but what can you do?
Montana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:20 AM   #65
SPECTER
IndyFan

Billy yea RPG Indy's is kinda messy the others are combd and parted
Old 05-18-2008, 05:16 AM   #66
Goonie
IndyFan

I'm considering getting another Cargo Truck and customizing it to look like its real version sitting outside of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye in Disneyland, so it looks like this:
http://www.theraider.net/information...e/photo_22.jpg

A different decal on the doors, a cloth canopy, a wooden ladder, and some weathering. Could be a good project.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #67
IndyFrench
TR.N Staff Member

Just remember that "Lost Delta" decal wasn't on the truck when it was in Raiders...
IndyFrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #68
DetectiveFork
IndyFan

I really like the Ford likeness on the Pitfall figure. Will the head of that figure easily transfer to the body of the Indy that comes with the horse?
DetectiveFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:57 AM   #69
KSC2-303
IndyFan

Hey everyone. I know the new 12" figures haven't been well received, but with a little work you can really do them some justice.

This is a combination of both the Talking and Whipping Hasbro Indys. Nothing has been added except some paint.

If anyone's interested. I can post a tutorial over in the fanwork forum.
KSC2-303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:21 AM   #70
Goonie
IndyFan

Once I get two more relic Sankara Stones, I'm thinking of making a display for the three of them with rice lights or LEDs to make them glow.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #71
SPECTER
IndyFan

Just a tip to anyone trying to make a perfect young Indy with no hat be sure to use RPG Indy's head repaint the hair dark,dark brown=Raiders Brown=TOD lighterBrown=LC then repaint the stubble based per movie
mine looks soo much better now ill post pics when i get a chance.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:44 PM   #72
DrBeezer
IndyFan

My super kitbashed Indy and Tanis Indy... It cost me almost $30 to put the kitbash Indy together... but I love him.

My super kitbashed Indy and modded Tanis Indy... It cost me almost $30 to put the kitbash Indy together, (Crystal body for the small sculpted holster and proper sized neck, Raiders head for the best likeness of Indy with sculpted hat (had to dremel out his head a bit to fit on the new peg), Horse whip for the best size/color coiled whip)... but since I was getting those anyway it wasn't a big deal for me, and I love him. I also modded the Tanis Indy to remove some of the turban wrap from under his chin so it hangs a bit like in the movie and made his diary, still need to drybrush some decent stubble on him tho.

Last edited by DrBeezer : 05-19-2008 at 11:58 PM.
DrBeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #73
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC2-303
Hey everyone. I know the new 12" figures haven't been well received, but with a little work you can really do them some justice.

This is a combination of both the Talking and Whipping Hasbro Indys. Nothing has been added except some paint.

If anyone's interested. I can post a tutorial over in the fanwork forum.

Awesome work! Really appreciate the tutorial too.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #74
Agent Spalko

I like the mod to the Map Room Indy. I was thinking about taking the head from KOTCS Indy and wrapping it with some small strips of white fabric to create a real soft-goods turbin.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #75
The_Raiders
IndyFan

I have been thinking about doing two versions of TOD Indy. But I don't have the right supplies yet. But the first one I thought about doing was a black sleep Indy, I figured I'd take off the Cemetary warriors shirt, and pop the torso off the legs and put it on Indy legs, then I'm still thinking about the arms, I may buy the jacketless Mutt and use his arms, I know what to do about his short sleeves. Then I thought about a TOD bridge finale Indy, I planed on once more using cemetary warriors torso, but sculpting the shirt over it, becasue his left arm will be good for Indys ripped up sleeve, and then replaceing the other arm with Mutt's one again.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote