Warning: Lucasfilm made cuts in US version...

HovitosKing

After watching Raiders and Temple over the past two days, I noticed a few small cuts/alterations that have been made in the DVD's.

Raiders:

-Belloq no longer says "Oops" when Marion spills the wine in the tent, just laughs right through the line.
-Marion asks Indy "What did you say?" after hitting him with the mirror on the boat instead of "Did you say something?"

Temple: There was one small cut in Temple, but I can't remember what it was right now...

I don't know about Crusade, I haven't been able to watch it yet. I'm sure something has been changed there, too. None of these alterations are major, yet I can't understand why they did it. Didn't save on running time, didn't make the screenplay better...?

Anyone else notice these cuts?

IJstuntman23

Yes i did notice many deletions and additions to the movies....In Raiders the sailors on the ship when the spot Indy on the submarine, you can no longer hear them cheer indy on. All you see is him salute them, but you cant hear them cheering. also in the end when Indy turns to Marion after being on the pole during the opening of the ark scene. She opens her eyes right away in the dvd, when before she kept her eye closed for a few seconds.

I dont mind if they change things up alittle but in a production letter they said that nothing will be changed and the movies will be excatly how they wer ein the movie theaters. No lie to us, we joined an Indiana Jones Message board, we know this stuff!

00Kevin

Indyfan
HovitosKing said:
After watching Raiders and Temple over the past two days, I noticed a few small cuts/alterations that have been made in the DVD's.

Raiders:

-Belloq no longer says "Oops" when Marion spills the wine in the tent, just laughs right through the line.
-Marion asks Indy "What did you say?" after hitting him with the mirror on the boat instead of "Did you say something?"

Sorry Dude, you are 100% wrong!

Belloq never said 'WHOOOPS' or anything when Marion spilled the wine, he always says it when she fell out of the chair

Marion always said: 'what'ld you say?'

Check your Raiders VHS and DVD over my friend

00Kevin

Indyfan
IJstuntman23 said:
Yes i did notice many deletions and additions to the movies....In Raiders the sailors on the ship when the spot Indy on the submarine, you can no longer hear them cheer indy on. All you see is him salute them, but you cant hear them cheering. also in the end when Indy turns to Marion after being on the pole during the opening of the ark scene. She opens her eyes right away in the dvd, when before she kept her eye closed for a few seconds.

Well, you are wrong on both, but almost right on 1

the Sailors:
If you listen closely, you can hear them cheering
However, the entire soundtrack for the scene when he gets on the boat has been significantly quieted. If you listen to the scene from both the VHS and DVD versions, you can clearly hear how it is quieter, including the Raider's March! this is very annoying, brings less WOW to it. (hmmm, perhaps all scenes are lower? perhaps DVDs carry less volume???? naw, doubt it)

Marion:
uhhhhh, no, She opens them at exactly the same time

So, to counterdict the title of this thread:

It's Okay: Lucasfilm didn't make cuts in US version.............unless you count the volume ;)

jamieuk2

Don't forget that all the films have been re-mixed for this re-release.

The same happened with the special editions of Star Wars. They were remixed and so some effects were louder/quiter and some dialogue was added/missing/changed.

j

Kumba

All you gotta do is jack up the volume on your receiver, that is, if you've got one to use. In my basment, I have these two big speakers. They both have subs, and they're connected to a receiver. So when i get my indy dvds, one could probably hear it at the next house, haha. And no, i am not deaf, but who doesn't like the music from indy!? And NO, 00Kevin, I'm not drunk :p

ynygma

Yes, you can hear them cheering but you have to remember, thsi collection was remastered fro 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound, so teh cheering comes in loud in clear from the rear speakers. If you don't have a 5.1 setup, then you will have to adjust your volume fom your stereo speakers.

After going through the menus I guess Lucasfilm LTD decided to not have a non surround mix on the DVDs. I was actually hoping for DTS but I am sure there will be another incarnation of these DVDs in the future, especially, around mid 2005 when Indy 4 comes out:)

I am very happy with this collection and happy to say itis my favorite DVD trilogy of all time as well as movies. If I could whine about anything it would be the absence of directorial/cast commentary audio tracks.

Ynygma

here is an interresting notion. Will Indy 4 be a Dreamworks picture or Lucasfilm..;)

[Edited by ynygma on 10-27-2003 at 02:31 pm]

00Kevin

Indyfan
Kumba said:
All you gotta do is jack up the volume on your receiver, that is, if you've got one to use. In my basment, I have these two big speakers. They both have subs, and they're connected to a receiver. So when i get my indy dvds, one could probably hear it at the next house, haha. And no, i am not deaf, but who doesn't like the music from indy!? And NO, 00Kevin, I'm not drunk :p

lol

Udvarnoky

Bellog does say "Whoops," and it's still on the DVD. The DVD doesn't change anything. And the reason you can't hear certain stuff is because the sound was remixed in 5.1, and when you listen on a system that doesn't support it things can be unheard.

Udvarnoky

After reading a lot of stuff on the subject I believe that a lot of DVD players are having some serious skipping problems with these DVDs, causing them to skip forward and backward to certain scenes, leading people to believe that they were deleted.

Randy_Flagg

The only cut I noticed was in Last Crusade, in which they cut out the tank chase sequence and the three trials. Other than that, the DVDs include everything.