Harrison IS NOT too OLD...

Indy4ever

Today, the age of 62 is really about 50, especially for someone like Harrison! If you eat right and work out, you can maintain a great body. For someone like Harrison, fitness has always been a priority. Sean Connery was around 59 during the filming of 'Last Crusade,' and look at all the stuff he did. Today, with all of the technology and potent insight into anti-aging we possess, many people are able to do ALOT of stuff, well into their 80s! I'm looking forward to Indy 4, and I don't think Harrison's age is an issue at all!

Raffey

Any one here actually 60...or close to it? I'd like to hear how it feels to be that age from someone who is....

Otherwise, its just speculation. Sixty isn't the new forty...it's still sixty! :p

My dad is 55 and is really good shape but I'd doubt if he'd be the first to say "Sure! Let me do my own stunts!"

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I really hope he's not to old for the job.. but if everything goes well, we'll find out soon. :)

Marion said:
Don't you think Harrison is too old to be dating Calista Flockhart?

Hey, as long as they don't have a problem with it? why would we?
Besides.. I don't think we should discuss things people do in their private time, when (and as) it doesn't concern us.

Canyon

Indy4ever, I applaud you for your thread!

I agree. Harrison is NOT too old to play Indy! ;)

intergamer

Harrison Ford is not too old to play Indy.
BUT Harrison Ford is too old to play Indy as well as he did in the Original Trilogy.

McSeem

Yes, five years ago I wouldn't say that, but time don't make us younger :-(. When I saw "Air Force One" I was glad that Ford still can do some action with style.

Harrison looks good for 64-old man, but for Indiana Jones he looks a little old (even more older than Pierce Brosnan for James Bond or Arnold Schwarzenegger for Terminator). But Indy is not an eternal hero, he was born somewhen and will die someday, so it's normal. Good script will save the movie, so I agree with George Lucas who insists on script rewriting and updating. - I believe it's for our own good.

Last edited:

intergamer

McSeem said:
But Indy is not an eternal hero, he was born somewhen and will die someday, so it's normal.

Thank you: This is what I've said all along. Indy is not a superhero. What makes the movies so great is their humanity.

Indy4ever

Plus...

Think of all the actors (Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves etc.) who are around 40, and NEVER do stunts, or leave the majority of it to the professionals. Harrison WILL ALWAYS be Indy. True, he will not be the same age as when he made 'Raiders.' But, Indy IV is not 'Raiders,' 'TOD' or 'LC'-it is Indy IV. Evolution of a character can be a cool thing. I still go back to Sean Connery. Look at him in 'LC.' He was quite the cat's meow!

Anyway, it was mentioned that HF might be kind of old to be dating CF. I say no, and moreover, who cares? Really no more of a difference than Mike Douglas and CZ-J. Now, if Harrison were dating someone say 21 then yeah, kind of AKWARD.

Raffey

Well, Harrison doesn't EXACTLY do his own stunts either. No real movie star (except probably Jackie Chan) does.

To prove my point most of the mine sequences were filmed with Harrison's stunt double while he was back home recovering from surgery.

I am starting to get the feeling however that the longer they wait on a script, the less of a chance that they will make this film.

Magda

I agree.

The longer you wait, the more opportunities for other roles come up that you just do not want to refuse. Ford, if he wants his career to keep going, is not going to just sit around and wait while they stall pre-production. The same goes for George Lucas and Steven Spielberg (who supposedly wiped his schedule until he decided to load his plate full again).

Last edited:

AntiJones

Should never brought this up in the first place.

If HF really look young, the question of him looking old or his age would never have been posted - instead the threads would have been - "How many Indy sequels can HF do?"
May be the true reason threads like this are posted is : psychologically reflection of midlife crisis people are going through and not able to withstand childhood hero flopping at boxoffice.
The real question is not "Is Indy too old?" , but instead "Am I too old/outdated?"