Mark Wahlberg to play Indy

Kumba

If Harrison was too old to play Indy who else would you like to see donning the Fedora?

I reckon Mark Wahlberg would be great.

Ska

I will have to politely disagree w/ every name posted above. Please, no pretty boys for Indy. I believe the character of Indiana Jones would have to be played by a known name, but not an overly known name.

My picks:

Billy Zane (He has the rugged look that is needed)
zane_tux_sm.jpg

or

Dennis Quaid (Man, does he look like Ford or what?!)
cannes.jpg

Last edited:

McSeem

Heh, Dennis Quade seems to be a good replace to HF... He is really looks similar to Ford.

It is interesting, what is Sean Patrick Flannery looks like nowadays?

ROTLA

Dr. HenryJones.jr said:
Matt Damon
Ben Affleck
Colin Farrell
Ed Burns

Sweet mother of all that is good and pure!!! Are you kidding? Matt Damon is a good actor, but not Indy-material. Same for Farrell. I'll give you Ed Burns as a possibility, but I think he's more focused on working behind the camera. As for Ben Affleck, there's a reason he seems to be getting more involved in politics each time we see him. That guy gets worse as an actor with every movie that comes out. Affleck would ruin any Indy movie he touched. "Indiana Jones and the Search for a Wife" or "Indiana Jones and the Quest for a Lead Actor." (I also think all four of these guys might be a little on the young side.)

I like the Quaid and Selleck ideas. Here's one that I haven't seen, but I think it might work: George Clooney. I can't stand the guy but I think he probably fits the Indy description. He's rugged, "cool," apparently women think he's good looking, he's about the right age for an Indy film, etc.

Just a thought...

Original Raider

I dont know, Clooney's too cool to play Indy. You need somebody rugged, with stubble, looks dirty and can fight. Hugh Jackman would be interesting if he could mask the accent, but he's up for every action role nowadays.

Indydan13

Personally, I think the only person who can pull off Indy is Harrison Ford. But if I had to choose, I would choose...Viggo Mortensen. He's the right age, he's not too much of a k.o. fighter (except with a sword), he's rugged, and an excellant fighter. Also, the only really mainstream success has been LOTR. He's also semi-american, being raised in New York.

monkey

I think it would have to be somebody totally new and unknown.

It would be risky, but I think it would work out better that way.

After all, Ford was a relative unkown when he took the role of Han Solo. The rest is history.