Ideas For New Indy Actor

Kernunnos

replican't said:
Hugh Jackman

I think this is the best suggestion I've heard.

One thing's for sure though. If Indy is ever recast, it will be like seeing a new character. Nobody's ever going to successfully recreate the character as Harrison portrayed him.

Henry W Jones

Kernunnos said:
I think this is the best suggestion I've heard.

One thing's for sure though. If Indy is ever recast, it will be like seeing a new character. Nobody's ever going to successfully recreate the character as Harrison portrayed him.

They shouldn't try. If it is done, the next actor should do it their own way. Copying Harrison would definitely make it seem like a cheap knockoff. I think no matter what it is gonna be a cheap knockoff but copying Harrison would make it worse.

Mickiana

It was right of the mods to delete my offensive post of rebuke to Millions. He and I have since apologised to each other. All is well.

Hugh Jackman could do it. As long as he doesn't dance or sing.

Hugh Jackman ? no chance. I would much prefer them to give that anthony kid on you tube a chance, he really looks like young ford and as all the expressions.

Raiders90

Should Indy become sort of like James Bond once a reboot happens? By this I mean different actors and different tones every few years? For example for one stretch you'd have films with TOD's darkness, then veering toward LC and KOTCS' light side, with everything from '30s Serials to '40s Noir to '50s Sci Fi thrown in?

Mickiana

Raiders112390 said:
Should Indy become sort of like James Bond once a reboot happens? By this I mean different actors and different tones every few years? For example for one stretch you'd have films with TOD's darkness, then veering toward LC and KOTCS' light side, with everything from '30s Serials to '40s Noir to '50s Sci Fi thrown in?

I'd have no problem with that at all. Harry has been a great "first Indiana Jones" (disregarding all the minor versions of him).

Henry Jones VII

For me this guy is perfect for it:

MV5BMjI4NDkyNTMzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA5NDY3NA@@._V1._SX640_SY889_.jpg

Henry Jones VII

Henry W Jones said:
Why him? Why do you say he is "perfect"?

I think he has the looks and the devil may care attitude that Harrison had when he took on the role.

Maybe the word perfect was too strong, but I guess he could make the role justice.

HenryJunior

I doubt this could happen, but I would totally be on board if it did:

Ewan McGregor

pjo6.jpg
hd24.jpg

363.jpg

Probably impossible, but I would like to think it would work. What do guys think? Is it too weird to have Han Solo AND Obi-Wan play Indy? :D

Montana Smith

HenryJunior said:
Probably impossible, but I would like to think it would work. What do guys think? Is it too weird to have Han Solo AND Obi-Wan play Indy? :D

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good revolver at your side, kid. Did I ever tell you about that time in Mos Cairo?"

Olliana

Nah, too British. Don't want to sound racist or anything, but since no Americans are allowed to play Bond, Britains shouldn't be allowed to play Dr. Jones as well. As much as I like McGregor, as a Scottsman, I fear he's out of the picture.

foreignerfred

Aaron Eckhart just showed up today in a promo still looking a lot like evil Indy in Temple of Doom.

Got me thinking, he might have what it takes given the right material?

i-frankenstein-aaron-eckhart.jpg