Return to Raiders? next Indy movie

psion

Sorry if I am being confusing.

I just had a thought I want to share.

I really agree with everyone, who thinks Indy 4 is actually part 3 of the Raiders trilogy. I will explain after this.

Remember that Raiders intriduce to us to Indy character, and later all movie became Indiana Jones:.....

I suddenly came in a thought, in connection to what Lucas was saying to make MUTT the main character, and Indy in Connery role. I might have decoded what he meant.

Because everyone thinks, the movie is going to be Indy Jr., Mutt Williams and the temple of fill in the blanks. Or even Mutt Jones: next generation etc etc.

No, I think, Lucas is bring back the Raiders concept. Only with Mutt as the main character. But not naming it Raiders, but you know, any title without his or Indy's name.

You know, like Treasures of the Khan (i am just making crap up)
Therefore, the title will be completely seperate from the Indy series and Raiders, therefore WONT upset fans of the original, while making new ones with the new genertion.

No way, it will be titled Mutt or anything. The concept of Raiders will come back. Serving that, it will be MUTT, maybe Indy, chasing some treasures with some bad guys from some bad places. therefore starts a complete new series
not TITLE connected to our beloved Raiders and Indy.

Back to the first thing I was talking about.

prequel DOOM is completely not in the trilogy series.

Maybe alot of you already talked about this. SS, was right about
that Indy 4 is the Raiders 3.

Common things that All films share except DOOM.

-Opening to REAL mountains or hills, (not a gong)
-Same Fonts for the credits.
-Features soldiers from European power countries
-Family friends love elements
-Arks appearences.
-Marshall College

All these, make DOOM, a complete different movie (as it is prequel) from the series. While Indiana Jones, with the only time Indy font was used.

The other 3 movies is the essential Raiders trilogy.

If we take out the Indiana Jones from the title.

Raiders of the lost Ark
Raiders of the Holy Grail
Raiders of the Crystal Skull

and if we look at the the 3 story ARC as a composition peice in a whole movement of a orchestra, it makes perfect sense.
Indy and Marion's love
Indy and Father and Son love
ended up with Indy and Marion ending, and his own son.

DOOM was just a present from a non-related story for the fans
(eventho SS hated the movie)

With Raiders story arc complete.

Lucas, might restart Raiders concept, (of course not using Raider's title)
with MUTT. Therefore not touching Raiders series for us fans who dont want another Indy with MUTT as the main character.

Then,MUTT will have his own series, completely a spin off. Instead of taking the hat (hinted in Skulls) as Indy was saying, nope, go find your own hat, instead of NOT YET message. (personally I dont want to see MUTT with the hat concept)

But, if I am right. I will be able to accept MUTT's new adventure in the tradition of Raiders (no character name in the title)

if it is, MUTT WILLIAMS (JONES), Indy Jr: and the fill in the blank title. then, I WILL HATE IT, like all of us here will hate it. But, i think Lucas is going for the new Raiders concept. New adventure in a new era. And bring the excitement of adventure back to Hollywood.

LostArk

You lost me at psion.

Seriously, how can you even think of excluding the 2nd best Indy movie from the series? Didn't it occur to you that the Ark wasn't in Temple because it was a damn prequel? Your analysis were funny and all but this is the straw that struck the camel-I mean horse's back.

Goonie

IndyFan89 said:
Thats the worst thing i've ever heard, you(i can't beleive i'm saying this) just nuked the fridge! :(

Wow! Nuking the fridge is really taking off!:whip:I guess you don't have to use that expression just with movies. :rolleyes:

psion

sorry, I couldnt make anymore confusing.

I think the simple point I was trying to say can be said shorter

I think the MUTT series, Lucas is going to use the Raiders concept.

Keep the movie with no names in the title. And use some kind of new title to reintroduce MUTT, and a side role for Indy.

if the NONE-NAMED TITLE movie is a success.
then, maybe in the future it will be called MUTT's adventure part2 or something.

Therefore, it wont mess with the original Trilogy which I consider is a true Raiders trilogy (minus TOD) TOD is just a side movie.

yeah, I think i probably said a horrible thing because I am being enthusiastic about a MUTT movie, as long it is NOT NAMED MUTT something, or Indy something I am cool with it. But, that is how I feel........ oh no............. I suck

nononono, I am misunderstood.

I LOVE TEMPLE of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!

I love it. I am not excluding it, or whatever.

My point was that the STORY ARC of the ARK and Indy, was only in Raiders, TLC, and Skull.

So, IF in a perfect world. Those movie would be a set, and called RAIDERS trilogy. And then, we have a SPECIAL treat of Indiana Jones completely in a non-Raiders adventure in DOOM.

Therefore, simply, if I have all the 4 DVDs.

I would arrang them in chronilogical order of
DOOM
Raiders
TLC
Skull with the last 3 being the true TRILOGY because of the story ARC.

You know, ALL trilogy are all connected with each other, and has a ARC then needs 3 movie to tell. Lord of the Rings, X-Men, BTTF, etc.

So story wise the REAL trilogy with interrelationship with each other is
Raiders, TLC, and SKULL. So, trilogy-wise it is there.

DOOM, act as a special story away from the story ARC.

So, maybe in part 5, or MUTT's Raiders, it will be a stand alone adventure nothing connected in themes from the Raiders trilogy. Therefore having much more freedom to do other stuff.

New credit fonts, new openings sequence. That is all I meant.

I love DOOM. I actually wish there is more DOOM like movie from Indy, away from the original Raiders trilogy. You know just a fun adventure, a pure stand alone adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quickening

There is no "story arc". Last Crusade has nothing to do with Raiders except that they gave a nod to the Ark of the Covenant and KOTCS has nothing to do with Raiders except that it has the same female lead and we see the Ark briefly.

Bvance

I am also confused. Ummmm......I not sure that we can trust GL, but I believe that 2 weeks ago he did an interview where he said Mutt Williams will NOT be the focus of the next movie. But if you are talking about a spin-off series, I guess that could be a possibility.

For Indy 5 I hope that they come up with a unique story like TOD was instead of a carbon-copy story as predictable as KOTCS was.

Deckard

How about if the character of Mutt is gay and only speaks Hutt and Harrison isnt in it, but Bumblebee the Transformer is and its all about how they have to travel back in time to stop Megatron, but the evil George Lucas has also invented time travel and is traveling back to re-CGI old events and change them to his liking. He goes back and CGI-s Abraham Lincoln's beard off. He CGI's better teeth into George Washington's mouth etc.

You could call it "Indiana Jones isn't in it and the Quest to Whore out a Franchise for more Cash"

Mmm nice title, it rolls right off you tongue and into the garbage.

Shia was good in a few movies. Crystal Skull wasn't one of them. Just because Lucas and Speilberg have an unatural attraction to him doesn't mean he has to be the new Indy, the new Luke Skywalker, the new Ghostbusters, and the 2nd coming of Jesus Harold Christ.

You want to put him in a movie come up with a new idea and stop depending on things from 40 years ago.

Let me try to convey to you how talentless Lucas is.

Do you call your girlfriends from 10-20 years ago who you haven't seen and tell them you just got a new haircut then ask them back out. No you move onto new women. Same thing with Movie ideas, George can't meet new women or in this case ideas so hes dependant on old ones and all he does is ruin them a little more each time.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man

Deckard said:
Do you call your girlfriends from 10-20 years ago who you haven't seen and tell them you just got a new haircut then ask them back out?

george-lucas.jpg

"Let's hang, baby! You won't believe what I've done with the hair..."

Uki

My fiancee loves George's hair. Love him or hate him, you have to admit, he's got a good head of hair. (Of course, it could be CGI too.) (I kid because I love.)

And psion, I can sort of, kinda see some valid, even good points in there...somewhere...hidden amongst the rampant abuse of the English language.

I would like to see Mutt in a sequel, but not at the helm. Somewhere, in another thread, I layed out what I thought would be a neat-o concept for Indy 5. (It was in the Indy's Daughter thread, I believe.) (If anyone cares to read it.):rolleyes:

Mickiana

Points for the most convoluted suggestion in a second language. Reading it was like a roller coaster ride for my mind - doing loop-d-loop! But I kinda know where you are heading i.e. we always HOPE for the best.

Belloq

I will refuse to see another movie with MUTT as its main character.

Plus doesnt it bother anyone that all throughout the last crusade Indy's bastard child is running around somewhere...

No Ticket

Belloq said:
Plus doesnt it bother anyone that all throughout the last crusade Indy's bastard child is running around somewhere...

Nope. I don't really care about Mutt. And besides, Indy didn't even know. Blame Marion!

Belloq

Haha, typical men blaming the women! I'm just worried there will be a future "young mutt" series and we'll see how well that fits with the whole raider ideology!

Benraianajones

It doesn't bother me Indiana's kid is "running around" during Crusade...infact I kind of even forget Mutt exists until I see him in KOTCS. Plus I love Crusade so much I am too engrossed to consider him. Though I have often imagined how Willie would have reacted to seeing Donovan drink from the false grail...

I don't want Mutt as a main character - and even sidekick - even though sadly it seems like he'd have to be lumbered along with Indy now...what I liked about Indy was the varying sidekicks. Now it seems we'd have to have Mutt tag along again for the sake...