Why do you like Indy?

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
hey...I like his shoes...

I forgot to mention that the look of the character makes him all the more likeable

Trev

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
It all started with my dad. He loved Indiana Jones. In fact, I remember him telling me that he took me to Raiders when I was three years old. When he died when I was thirteen I carried the tradition of the Indiana Jones fanfests ... action packed adventure, the funky deserts and snacks, and pure enjoyment of the movies.. And now, I'm passing it down to my son and he loves it.

Indyz Azn Gurl

westford said:
The films are fun to watch, the characters are great (Belloq is probably my favourite baddie), the soundtracks are amazing... And Indy himself - I think I'm quoting IAG here, but two words: 'love you' :D

:D Couldn't have said it betta than myself. ;)
But not only that HF is all fine and all...(;) :D)

Uh...well...um...
Give me a moment. :p ;)

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
that's so great that you are passing it down to your child Tessa. I want to do the same some day. Give them the chance to see these films as they grow up, just like myself. I really don't see how someone could dislike them. :)

Trev

Magda

I kind of grew up with Indiana Jones since my dad watched the movies pretty often when I was younger. At first, I was totally uninterested because I didn't know what the heck was going on. Then the movies grew on me and they eventually ispired me to become obsessed with other adventure films. I can't really explain exactly why I like Indy. I guess it's just the essence of adventure that draws me to the movies.

Raffey

Who the heck is Indy?

Darn it all this time I thought I was posting messages on a Cairo laborer's union board...just kidding!!

Let's put is another way what's NOT to like about Indy? ;)

Magda

Raffey said:
Who the heck is Indy?

Darn it all this time I thought I was posting messages on a Cairo laborer's union board...just kidding!!

Let's put is another way what's NOT to like about Indy? ;)

You never fail to amuse me, Raff. :) :D

HovitosKing

I like Indy because he was the first taste of adventure that I can remember as a child. After I saw Raiders, I knew that I wanted to be an adventurer. After Temple of Doom, I craved for the chance to travel and see the world. After Last Crusade, I wanted to experience the religions and cultures that span the globe. Of course, most of these have yet to happen, but Indiana Jones encompasses everything that I want to be. It's the adventure that I'm after, and Indy delivers every time!

QueZTone

lets NOT do that Raff :) We could ruin everything by that ;) I ruined a lot of posters that way :) Like saying; "Hmm see that ear there? It stands out in colour way too much. Or that item over there? It's out of proportions" That way you always notice those things while watching the posters..

same goes for indy as a whole im afraid hehe =]

oh well if you're going to do it....do it in secret styled colour ;p

X

xerxes

why do i like indy?

Cause in the movie he's basically a normal guy, not some friggin' Superman. Movies that have decent, likable and believable characters are always better (and thanks to the tv show and various books that gave his character more depth)...I hate movies where we have protagonists who we are supposed to root for, being completely unlikeable (mostly arrogant or stupid)...

Apart from that, adventure movies always takes us to far away, unknown places; we follow 'strangers in a strange land', and these movies are interesting for showing us different (non-Western) cultures we are used to (for instance 'Seven Years in Tibet' which was light in action, but still considered an 'adventure' movie (and a very good one at that!))...

Indy may not have been the first adventure movie, but did show us how adventure, action, history and mythology could be combined very well to make a great movie.

Canyon

There once was a similar thread entitled 'Why Indiana Jones fan?' and I posted my answer and it still stays the same.

"I think the thing that separates Indy from most film characters is the fact that he is the most realisticaly played character that I have ever seen in film. Harrison Ford did a fantastic job of playing the archaeological adventurer and I think that goes a long way towards the fact that we love Indy.

I think that we love Indy because he is not only cool, brave, smart and heroic, but the fact that he is a vulnerable human being just like you and me. Indy does the most fantastic things, (going after the Ark truck springs to mind) and he is an amazing person. One thing I have always loved about the character is the fact that he is an intelligent man, with a great knowledge and thirst for archaeology and I've always loved Indy because he is so talented and can speak and read lots of different languages as well as being extremely knowledgeable.

I love the style of his clothes, which are rugged like him and I also like the way he gets into trouble and has to use his wits and fists to get out alive, plus the fact that a whip has got to be one of the coolest weapons around!

Indy is the greatest hero of them all for all of these reasons and (sorry, guys) from a female point of view, Indy is absolutely gorgeous *drool* and the thought of him, dressed in his Indy gear with that stubble, well, I gotta say, damn it makes him look sooooooooooo sexy!!!!!!! (Kiara and Indyfreak will understand where I'm coming from!) (Fffwaarrgghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Oh and also, Harrison Ford just has to be the greatest actor ever and when he played Indy, he gave 110% to the role and he was (and still is) so energetic and enthusiastic in his acting and this really shows when you watch the trilogy.

Let me finish by saying that Indy is someone who I really look up to. He is my hero and role model and someone (despite being fictitious) I really admire a great deal. "

BTW, here's the thread http://www.theraider.net/theraven//showthread.php?threadid=3949&pagenumber=1
and I have found another similar one here: http://www.theraider.net/theraven/showthread.php?threadid=1953

(It's great to read these threads, but it's also really interesting to hear what the newer members of The Raven think as well.) :D