Help me to choose....wisely!

AnImaginaryBoy

Hello everybody! I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, and I thought the best thing to do is ask people I've never met before on the internet for advice, so here goes. I work at a cinema, and understandably, almost everybody who works there is very excited about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and quite rightly so. Anyhow, as soon as they went on sale, I bought tickets for the midnight show of Indy IV, and I'm rather excited, but the last time I was working, I was told that before the midnight show, we're having a technical rehearsal for the film, which is basically when you run the film to make sure there's no problems with the picture or the sound, so you can fix them before the public pays money to watch it. So really I'm not to sure whether or not I should go to the technical rehearsal, which will be full of annoyingly cynical collegues making silly comments and laughing uproariously, or should I stick with the midnight show that I've already got tickets to? In a sense, it wouldn't be too much of a problem avoiding the tech run through, as I'm not working that day, but I am in on the Wednesday, and I bet somebody will end up telling me some huge spoiler about the film! So what do you chaps think I should do? Should I see it early, or wait until the midnight show, when the atmosphere will be that little bit better? Please help me choose! :)

barranca

I think you've made your own mind up already? Just watch your colleagues don't spoil it for you before you get to the Midnight show with a real audience!!

Dr Jones

I'd be very tempted to see the technical reel, but again the fact that I wouldn't want anyone or anything to dampen my first screening of Indy, I would opt out, leave the technical stuff to the hands of those who can watch and repair anything, and then I would go to the first official screening in full knowledge it's just you, the atmosphere and no comments or technical blips that crop up!

Either way, I think your choice will be right for what you want!

(y)