Spoilers or Non

00Kevin

Indyfan
well, with Indy 4 on the horizon, I, and every person on this board, can assure you that the next 3 years will be full of rumors, spoilers and Secrets Revealed, We've already had our fair share thus far. the question is: Do you search the web for every drop of spoiler info, do you crave spoilers, or do you stay at a distance, learning as little as you possible can (spoiler free)? or in between?

remember, for many of you (let's say mostly those of you who were born after 1985) this will be your first time seeing a new indy film in theaters. It may be the only time, that depends on if this is truely the last on, which depends on thing such as how much popularity this film gets.

so chose wisely, for whilst the right choice will complete your indy-needs, the wrong choice will take it from you.

for me, It's mostly spoiler free, a few spoilers here or there, but I'll try to remain as spoiler free as I can (meaning I may not spend as much time on this board, BOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I think I've talked enough, whadda ya say?

00Kevin

Indyfan
I usually like spoilers, but it "spoils" the film (notice the poor pun) up until AoTC, I lived for spoilers, bond films, Ep1 and so on...............

jones

This will be my FIRST Indy film in theaters! Hell i've only seen ONE Harrison Ford movie in theaters too which was K19 and he is still the best actor by the way. Anyways, i'm up for spoilers just not like HUGE ones. Usualy before you read a review/article it tells you if it has Minor or Major spoilers so i'll just read the Minors. They better make this movie that's all I have to say!

Jones_86

i belong to the "borned after 85" catagorey and this being my first indy film in theaters.....also K19 was my 1st ford film in theaters like you jones.....i'm gonna stay on the board...but filter thru them more precisely.....i choose the "non-spoiler path" as i find movies much better when you don't know what will happen next

OUT

jones

I guess being that i've NEVER seen an Indy movies in the theater, I don't wana suck the fun out of it!

00Kevin

Indyfan
"yeah, you could do that with SW, but unless they make more indy films, you only end up spoilered or not by the time the film comes out.

anywho, it's late, goodnight then.

Raffey

Spoilers don't screw up a film for me...idiots that talk during the movie do... I say BRING IT!

Besides, I'll probably just download the sucker anyway! :p

torao

Moderator Emeritus
i also decided to live without (much) indy4 spoilers....

yeah...and i`m one of this generation...goddamn...i`ve never seen anindy film in a theater...:( :)

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
My brain says:"I don't want any spoilers", but when my eyes see a link with spoilers, my right hand automaticaly clicks on the link and my eyes read. My eyes and hands should leard to listen to my brain!

westford

If it's something that not many people know about, chances are I'll want to know it so I can say "I know something you don't know" to my friends (in an embarrassingly similar way to the kids in Whistle Down The Wind, hehe!).
Having said that though, for some films I tend to avoid hearing anything about them before I see them. Like with Moulin Rouge where I walked out of the room if the trailer came on TV and refused to read any reviews before I'd seen it for myself. With AoTC, I'd seen the trailers, but didn't go looking for any in-depth information about the characters, etc. Luckily I enjoyed both of those films and was glad I hadn't read up on them beforehand. Wish I'd read the MIB2 reviews before wasting 2 hours on it though...
Well, to get back to the subject of Indy IV... I've kept up to date on the rumours so far, so yeah - I'll be digging up (get it - archaeology, digging...? *collective groan echoes around forum*) all the spoilers I can find.

jones

vaxer said:
My brain says:"I don't want any spoilers", but when my eyes see a link with spoilers, my right hand automaticaly clicks on the link and my eyes read. My eyes and hands should leard to listen to my brain!
That's the same exact thing that happens to me!

00Kevin

Indyfan
the greatest questions in the world:

-do you want fries with that?

-Paper or plastic?

-Spoilers or Non?

anywho, to avoid taking this off topic, if this the last one, will it be your only chance to do this? who here has or has avoided using spoilers in the past? (NOTE: INDY FILMS ONLY!!!!!!) I'ld like to see anyone say yes, and mean it.

Raffey

There were no spoilers in the past. Information didn't travel as fast as they do now. There was no internet when the last film came out.

Al Gore was still tweeking his invention! :p