General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Montana Smith

Centerfield said:
I already don't trust the idea that Lucas & Spielberg are working on a script -- if this means they are still looking to hire a writer, then fine --

And if they are still looking for a writer, then this is a long way's away which is another worry as already expressed here - Harrison Ford is too old and will look it soon.

In the past there were several years between Indy movies, but this time we are more desperate to hear some confirmation because KOTCS left us with expectation that there would be more, and the passing of time is now more critical.

Centerfield said:
Now, having an elderly Indy on film is not necessarily a bad thing. BUT if the action is to dominate, how will it work - not to mention Ford's own limitations with age, but the look of an old man running around and getting into fist fights -- this leaves the door open for more Shia and please, no more Shia...

I hope Indy will still be fit enough to slam the door shut in his face (and then slide the bolts across and snap a padlock on it!)

Centerfield said:
or if they had the guts, let Joss Whedon have a go... that would be worthwhile...

Whedon could bring in Nathan Fillion, too...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Unless they have some plan to keep things ultra secretive that's another nail in the coffin.

Maybe not another Raiders in the works, but maybe another KOTCS...

If only Marshall was simply referring to the fact that reproducing the impact of the classic Raiders was a highly unlikely prospect...

Prime Blue

Moedred said:
Marshall is talking Airbender in Europe, and Indy 5. Figure this out:

Or babel fish, if you prefer...
The site says that Marshall gave some insights on these topics while being on a promotion tour for The Last Airbender. Here's a translation that wasn't babelfished through hell (the whole paragraph used passive voice, so these are quotes of Marshall).
At the moment, the co-workers of Indy mastermind George Lucas are busy doing research for an Indiana Jones 5 story. A downer from Frank Marshall: "It's not really moving forward." In particular, neither director Steven Spielberg nor leading man Harrison Ford are officially involved with the project.

Mickiana

When Marshall says there is not another Raiders in the works, I fear this means the rise of The Adventures Of Mutt Frickin' Dogbreath.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Mickiana said:
When Marshall says there is not another Raiders in the works, I fear this means the rise of The Adventures Of Mutt Frickin' Dogbreath.

That's much more than I'd expect, really. Also, does it really seem like Shia would want to get a series that he probably thinks would be somewhat laughable?

Dr.Jonesy

Mickiana said:

I think that's being a little over dramatic...

Indy's brother

Moedred said:
Marshall is talking Airbender in Europe, and Indy 5. Figure this out:

Or babel fish, if you prefer...
Prime Blue said:
The site says that Marshall gave some insights on these topics while being on a promotion tour for The Last Airbender. Here's a translation that wasn't babelfished through hell (the whole paragraph used passive voice, so these are quotes of Marshall).

At the moment, the co-workers of Indy mastermind George Lucas are busy doing research for an Indiana Jones 5 story. A downer from Frank Marshall: "It's not really moving forward." In particular, neither director Steven Spielberg nor leading man Harrison Ford are officially involved with the project.
Yesterday 08:21 AM

I gotta go on record as calling B.S. on this one. For starts, the quote I highlighted in red begins by saying that they are "busy doing resaerch for an Indiana Jones 5 story" , then in the next breath the article says that it's not moving forward. It's Yes and No at the same time.

Seriously, it's either in the works or it isn't. If this article is actually legit, then we can rest assured that this film is being made. Otherwise, why dance around it instead of just saying "No". We are being fed a bunch of half-truths. Team Indy is being intentionally opaque and obtuse. It's becoming more readily apparent with every non-committal blurb that good things are on the horizon.:D

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
It's becoming more readily apparent with every non-committal blurb that good things are on the horizon.:D

I admire your logic and optimism. :D

Mickiana said:
...The Adventures Of Mutt...

At the risk of repeating myself, I agree that The Adventures of Mutt doesn't sound good at all. :eek:

Montana Smith

Darth Vile said:
No one seriously believes that Lucas/Spielberg are planning a Mutt spin off do they?

I seriously hope not!

If Indy V is in doubt, then I can't see "Mutt I" having a chance. I'd have no interest in seeing Mutt continue, and I don't think Lucas or Spielberg would either.

Matt deMille

I think Spielberg would love to see a Mutt movie, but Lucas wouldn't. Spielberg has an obsession with children and family stories. And I know Ford and Shia have become good friends. The question is, will Lucas hold out for a better idea than go the obvious route of just continuing the last movie? I hope so. Indiana Jones was never about just making a basic sequel, which is what including Mutt would be. Indiana Jones always introduced new women, new locales, new villains, new treasures with every film. However much Spielberg might find it heartwarming to include Mutt in any way, I believe if he stepped back and looked at the Indy franchise objectively, he'd have to admit that Indy V should include a whole new cast ('cept Ford, of course).

Montana Smith

Matt deMille said:
I think Spielberg would love to see a Mutt movie, but Lucas wouldn't. Spielberg has an obsession with children and family stories. And I know Ford and Shia have become good friends. The question is, will Lucas hold out for a better idea than go the obvious route of just continuing the last movie? I hope so. Indiana Jones was never about just making a basic sequel, which is what including Mutt would be. Indiana Jones always introduced new women, new locales, new villains, new treasures with every film. However much Spielberg might find it heartwarming to include Mutt in any way, I believe if he stepped back and looked at the Indy franchise objectively, he'd have to admit that Indy V should include a whole new cast ('cept Ford, of course).

By the time we get to see Indy V Shia will no longer be a fresh-faced youth, but a veteran actor. :p

Hanselation

Ford and Spielberg June 2010

38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike+cUi-BqfaVtDl.jpg

At least Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg met in June. I should'nt wonder if they also talked about Indy 5.
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/4oUbBg2aEy1/38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike/cUi-BqfaVtD/Harrison+Ford

Indy-Director: Spielberg, Indy-Cinematographer: Kaminski,Indy-Actress: Capshaw, Indy (himself :) ): Ford

38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike+AIZrkd8xbBGl.jpg

38th+AFI+Life+Achievement+Award+Honoring+Mike+LMJIIz4tZmKl.jpg

Last edited: