100 Greatest Quotes From Fundamentalist Christian Chat Rooms

barranca

sarah navarro said:
yah i know sorry if it bothers you.I just think its ridiculous how people can say things like that.

My dear I am Gay, I just wonder why it gets so avidly discussed is all.
People jump to ''conclusions'' all too easilly here.

sarah navarro

barranca said:
People jump to ''conclusions'' all too easilly here.
I knew that already;)
We discussed this topic over at the Does God exsist thread.

barranca

No offence intended, but please think before you type.
Anyway, I'm off now before I get accused of going ''off topic''.

Finn

Staff member
barranca said:
It's not the straight people who discuss gays here. The opener for this thread has confessed she is bisexual.

Niteshade007

barranca said:
No offence intended, but please think before you type.
Anyway, I'm off now before I get accused of going ''off topic''.

Not really sure how she wasn't "thinking" before she typed. She knew you were gay and knew that this is a sensitive subject for a lot of people. I thought she was being pretty thoughtful to consider your feelings at all. But getting back on topic...

I feel bad for the kid in the original post. It must be difficult to grow up with parents who are so grounded in their beliefs that they can't even think of how this might affect their son. Although part of me can't help but wonder why he didn't just wait until he goes off to college? He could tell his parents that he's celibate. Hell, he could even tell them he's straight. Then his parents could go on thinking that he was "saved" and then he could live his life the way he wanted. Not ideal, to be sure, and I'd hate for anyone to have to do this, but it seems better than taking your own life.

kongisking

I don't think it's safe for me to even exist on this thread...I might die laughing from hysterical disbelief/amusement! "it's-OK-to-be-Gay propaganda?" F THAT!!!!!!!!!! I have a good pal who's homosexual (no, no, NO, don't take it that way, fellas)! This man sounds like a racist Nazi! I'm furious with amused anger. My God, this is such a stupid person...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now do ya guys believe me when I say that religion eventually leads to hatred, prejudice, selfishness, terrorism, and war?

I can't even express my massive fury in words right now...this man doesn't deserve to live if he thinks so selfishly towards his son's "problem." Pure evil and egotistical religious stupidity. They are all better off dead than making us innocents and confused-nobodys feel useless. That's cruelty at its highest. In fact, its outright bullying!!!!

kongisking

AngieAki said:
http://duggmirror.com/comedy/100_Greatest_Quotes_from_fundamentalist_christian_chat_rooms/

Most of these make me want to cry because either they are so sad or stupid that I don't know what to do but.

Even more so this one:

"Just recently my son Bobby came out to me. I had been worried for awhile. His teachers said most of his grades were slipping and he seemed depressed and withdrawn.

Bobby said he'd been hiding it for awhile because he was afraid I would reject him. I sat him down and told him that I loved him and that God loved him, but that his salvation was in danger if he did not resist his unnatural tempations. I told him how being gay would mean he would live a shorter life, and that if he couldnt change his orientation he could be celibate like most the ex-gays are. He started crying saying something along the lines of "I knew you wouldnt understand! You're just like everyone else!" before running to his room and slamming the door.

What did I do wrong? I dont want to lose my son, but I fear I already have. I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs). I wouldnt be surprised if he's the one who's feeding my son all the homosexual propaganda about how its 'ok' to be gay. That, or how homosexuality has engulfed the media, making it seem 'cool' and 'hip' and how they were just another oppressed minority. You didnt have to worry about seeing two men making out on tv at my age! I dont want to sound like a fanatic, but Im worried what other effects will come out of this increasingly secular, immoral society obsessed with filth.

Am I too late? Or is it possible to save my son

[Note: the boy eventually took his own life.] "

I hope this one (and ones like it) are lies...

Lordy, lordy, what a GEM of a find, Angie. This is exactly what I need to convince my nutjob grandfolks how corrupt and maelvolent their religion is. Excellent!

adventure_al

kongisking said:
Lordy, lordy, what a GEM of a find, Angie. This is exactly what I need to convince my nutjob grandfolks how corrupt and maelvolent their religion is. Excellent!

because of 1 fanatical individual its a bit unfair to assume all christians think like that or share that specific individual's opinions

"granny and grandpops this nutjob guy said [this] so your religion is [this]"

Finn

Staff member
adventure_al said:
because of 1 fanatical individual its a bit unfair to assume all christians think like that or share that specific individual's opinions
[humorous] Well, there are hundred more behind the link in the opening post... [/humorous]

AngieAki

For the record, I didn't post this to say "OMG all Christians are stupid" or anythingk like that. I posted it because I was shocked as to how stupid and evil people can be. I found it amusing and sad and thought I would share it. There are nut jobs of all religions Christianity, Islam, Wicca (fluffy bunnies lol), ect.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
kongisking said:
religion eventually leads to hatred, prejudice, selfishness, terrorism, and war
Quite a slippery slope, post hoc logical fallacy you've got there.
But if it feels true to you, it must be...
kongisking said:
This man sounds like a racist Nazi! ...this man doesn't deserve to live
Disbelief and amusement, indeed.

sarah navarro

Niteshade007 said:
Not really sure how she wasn't "thinking" before she typed. She knew you were gay and knew that this is a sensitive subject for a lot of people. I thought she was being pretty thoughtful to consider your feelings at all. But getting back on topic...
:) no words needed.

Mickiana

Isn't gravity interesting? It's a force that permeates the whole universe. Like the chicken and the egg, what came first, gravity or matter?

Hedwig

I have read this thread for a while and I must say that some of the stuff are quite awful opinions in a modern day world. I don't evevn understand how some people could think like the ones in those quotes (I mean the quotes from the Fundamentalist Christian Chat Rooms). I'm a Lutherian and those stuff give me the creeps....

Finn

Staff member
Matinee Idyll said:
Usage of that verb was not a conscious choice, you know, and I definitely didn't mean it in the way it's associated with the Catholics.

Inbanana

AngieAki said:
For the record, I didn't post this to say "OMG all Christians are stupid" or anythingk like that. I posted it because I was shocked as to how stupid and evil people can be. I found it amusing and sad and thought I would share it. There are nut jobs of all religions Christianity, Islam, Wicca (fluffy bunnies lol), ect.
Well, welcome to the human race... sometimes its overrated. I didn't read any of the quotes in the links. No point... I can imagine how bad they were... and as for me, I live in a country that is 96% Buddhist... and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that things like homosexuality are more accepted here than someplace thats predominantly Christian. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that bigotry exists everywhere, it takes on many different shapes and forms... and I think its a bit of a stretch to give all the credit to any one religion... even as deserving as it might seem at first. Yes, it would be nice if the world just let everyone do whatever made them happy as long as it didn't hurt anyone else... but I guess things will always be more complicated than that.