What does your name mean?

Hawkeye

My name is Corey, but everybody calls me Hawkeye because I love the TV show, M*A*S*H. My parents nemed me after Corey Feldman.

Ska

Hawkeye said:
My name is Corey, but everybody calls me Hawkeye because I love the TV show, M*A*S*H. My parents nemed me after Corey Feldman.

haha

That's funny! I mean, Corey Feldman?

hehe...that's awesome!

*calls parents to find out why he's called Brandon before laughing more*

Actually I think there was a Brandon on Guiding Light...and my mom's been addicted to GL forever...!!!

Oh no!

EDIT: I just wiki'ed Guiding Light...there was a Brandon Spaulding...

...say it ain't so, mom!

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
What spring Mountian is all about napa, man some big names up theere! Good stuff. hummm I wonder what that means? It is a great region with one of my favorite wineirs in it! A fun road to biek also!

Appellations. My new hobby. Sort of.

Pale Horse. When I log in it's as if your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis.

Mr. Fusion

Joshua means: "Jehovah is generous. Jehovah saves."

Morgan means: "Bright sea."

and Knight means: "English Male Nobel or soldier."

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
it's as if your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis.
Also known as 'hangover'.

<small>Finn... guess.</small>

Rayder

Kayla: something to do with pure
jean: blue jeans?
Smith: take your pick of the possibilities, millions of them

WillKill4Food

--- is of Scandinavian origin. It is derived from the name Eiríkr, meaning "ever ruler" from the words ei "ever" and ríkr,"ruler" in Old Norse.
--- is an English word meaning to pursue something.
--- is a town in France. I guess my relatives are from there, though my family is German.

WillKill4Food is a parody of the "Will Work For Food" signs that some hobos carry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merek Jones

My real name is Matthew:
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Gift of God

My Author Name: Merek Cardew
Name: Merek
Origin: Teutonic
Meaning: The Teutonic name Merek means: Strong ruler.

Name: Cardew
Origin: Celtic
Meaning: The Celtic name Cardew means: From the black fort.

Basically together it means, "Strong Ruler From The Black Fort."

Herr Gruber is not, as some think, the homosexual Nazi from the comedy series 'Allo 'Allo. Rather, the dastardly Hans Gruber from Die Hard.

Indy fan 235

First Name: Ian: Celtic/Gaelic- Means God is Gracious.

Middle Name: Matthew: Hebrew- Gift of God.

Confirmation Name: Luke- Latin- Bringer of Light.

Last Name: Westhoff- According to ancestry.com it means: topographic name for someone who lived on a farm situated to the west of a settlement, from Middle High German west 'west(en)' + hof 'farmstead', 'manor farm'.

As a kid, I always wanted to be called Indiana Ian.

I'm 32 and from NJ.

drjones

First name : Matthew - Gift of God

Middle name: Trent - English/Welsh origin- Traveller

Last name: Tarpley - As for my last name/surname, it's probably just better to quote what I found about my surname from the Tarpley Family Crest; it's a little lengthy, so bear with me:

This surname of TARPLEY was of the locational group of surnames meaning 'one who came from TARPORLEY' a place in Cheshire. The name was originally rendered in the Old English form TORPERLEAH. The place stands by a prominent hill, which may well have been called TORR. The rest of the name would then be 'pear-wood or glade' The name would literally mean the man called PERLEY who lived by the hill called TORR. The earliest of the name on record appears to be TORPELEI (without surname) who was listed as a tenant in the Domesday Book of 1086. Surnames derived from placenames are divided into two broad categories; topographic names and habitation names. Topographic names are derived from general descriptive references to someone who lived near a physical feature such as an oak tree, a hill stream or a church. Habitation names are derived from pre-existing names denoting towns, villages and farmsteads. Other classes of local names include those derived from the names of rivers individual houses with signs on them, regions and whole countries. TORPERLEG (without surname) appears in Cheshire in the year 1287, and TORPERLEY (without surname) was recorded in 1293. As a general rule, the further someone had travelled from his place of origin, the broader the designation. Someone who stayed at home might be known by the name of his farm or locality in the parish; someone who moved to another town might be known by the name of his village; while someone who moved to another county could acquire the name of the county or region from which he originated. The name is also spelt TARPLEY and the associated coat of arms is recorded in Sir Bernard Burkes General Armory. Ulster King of Arms in 1884. Registered to The Rev. Kenneth TARPLEY of Northampton (No date given). In the Middle Ages heraldry came into use as a practical matter. It originated in the devices used to distinguish the armoured warriors in tournament and war, and was also placed on seals as marks of identity. As far as records show, true heraldry began in the middle of the 12th century, and appeared almost simultaneously in several countries of Western Europe.

Gear

Well, ****** means "ever green", *** is the middle name of my father and grandfather, and ***** is a Gypsy name. (dads half Gypsy and grandpa is full.... Gypsy that is :rolleyes: )

AngieAki

gear guardian said:
Well, ****** means "ever green", *** is the middle name of my father and grandfather, and ***** is a Gypsy name. (dads half Gypsy and grandpa is full.... Gypsy that is :rolleyes: )
I never knew that! Badass!!! :whip:

My last name is English and means "son of the master of wood". LOL.

So all together my names mean:

"father's joy, strong and able, son/daughter of the master of wood"

Gear

AngieAki said:
I never knew that! Badass!!! :whip:

My last name is English and means "son of the master of wood". LOL.

So all together my names mean:

"father's joy, strong and able, son/daughter of the master of wood"

Hahaha! Well he had you so he must be the master of wood. ;)