The Indy Cast

harvey

Mitchellhallock said:
Working now, okay? Now I'm going back on vacation with my family. Bye Joe!

Thanks for the fix. Certainly wasn't implying that you needed to take time away from a family vacation. We're glad to have any mention we can get. My thought was that since you put in the work of getting the link on the page, it should be worth your effort. It was going to a dead link, so I brought it to your attention. Wasn't trying to put you out or take you away from your family.

Once again, thanks for the link.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Sorry if I came across like a d***, posting and getting links off TinyURL, copy & pasting on the go with my iPhone is little frustrating. Add a bunch of jet lagged cranky kids and you have the proper combination of a major headache. When I get time I plan on enjoying your read a long with a big screen and not my iPhone.

Stoo

Sharkey said:
Mitchy you never cease to amaze.

What exactly was that you recorded? You reading the wikipedia page to us to the tune of bad wedding music?

...*snip*...

PARIS HILTON?
Mitch, your "Life Before Indiana Jones, February 1981" segment was a fun trip down memory lane but I think your memory is getting a bit foggy.;)

-"Celebration" was from 1980, not '81. (No matter, it's still disco garbage.)
-Disco was king in '81? What planet were you living on?:confused:
-"Ebony & Ivory" didn't come out until 1982!:gun:
-"Happy Days" did NOT debut in the late '70s! It began in '74 and Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock" was only used as the theme for the first 2 seasons.
-AMC Pacer: What a sh*tbox that car was. 1980 was its last year of production. If your family still had one in '81 it was probably a real clunker.:p
-Who gives a tinker's cuss about when Paris Hilton was born?:sick:

Upside:
-I caught your reference to "Magilla Gorilla"!!!(y)
-The echo effect on your segment title was awesome! Stuff like that is what radio is all about.(y)

Last edited:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Hey Stoo

Damn it that's the last time I let Stevie Wonder tell me when his sing came out. Kool and the Gang reached number 1 in February ,1981 http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/number-one-songs-by-year/?y=1981

The Happy Days with Rock Around the Clock 74 -75. Oh well

Paris Hilton is just a reference to show how long ago it all was. Last month I planned to say January 1981 had the birth of a Hobbit and a Giant. It's just for fun.

I recorded it for Ed the morning I was leaving for San Francisco and even used the old Ron the Reviewer style of putting the mic to the laptop speakers.

Glad to hear you liked some of it. I did get the Indy parts right as I pulled out my "Making of" Paperback and the Rinzler book.

If I did everything right what would Sharkey have to **** and moan about. I mean I'm his reason for living :)

indycast

-"Celebration" was from 1980, not '81. (No matter, it's still disco garbage.)

As someone who hosted a disco radio program for 18 years - I take offence to that! Disco is to music as to what Indy is to adventure!

And Mitch is right - it hit number 1 in Feb of 1981.

Now I'm off to listen to some Bee Gees.... ;)

WZAZ: Where Disco Lives Forever

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ronniej/videos/3/

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="405" id="viddler_f014fdfc"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=t" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/f014fdfc/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/f014fdfc/" width="545" height="405" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="autoplay=t" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler_f014fdfc"></embed></object>

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/ronniej/videos/3/

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="405" id="viddler_f014fdfc"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=t" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/f014fdfc/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/f014fdfc/" width="545" height="405" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="autoplay=t" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler_f014fdfc"></embed></object>

See? Disco was killed in 1980! :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
indycast said:
As someone who hosted a disco radio program for 18 years - I take offence to that! Disco is to music as to what Indy is to adventure!

Aha! That explains "Boogie Fever." Btw, I went to the ABBAWorld exhibition the other day (Mum's a fan). I enjoyed it actually.

Sharkey

Mitchellhallock said:
If I did everything right what would Sharkey have to **** and moan about. I mean I'm his reason for living :)
Yeah, you complete me Mitchy.

But I got to say baby, if I were just pissing and moaning wouldn't I have bitched about your comments on that LA Times Harrison Ford article?
As one who runs an Indiana Jones website and podcast I am still hoping he keeps on working

Makes one wonder about the forthcoming tales from the ranch.:rolleyes:

How can you kick the cast while it's down, Dan Dan?

Mitchellhallock said:
As long as Rick James was singing "disco" it was alive in 1981. Of course Rick might have been still high on some Peruvian Marching Powder he snorted in 1975 but he was still making "music".

THERE IS NO DISCO ON THE INDY CAST! REMAIN CALM, ALL IS WELL!

imagesbacon_2Danimalhouse.jpg

I always thought Rick James was singing "funk" and "R&B."

For a fun and insightful listen compare Lapti Nek and Give it to Me Baby...

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Pat, Rick James is listed on the Disco charts (and the Stones and Bruce sing R&B and not real rock some will argue) ... you know how those polls and lists can be. Honestly in 1981 . . . I think I was still waiting for Joey Heatherton or Lola Falona to make an appearance on the Jerry Lewis Telethon --- it's getting a bit hazy -- or was it the Bugaloos?

Stoo

Mitchellhallock said:
Glad to hear you liked some of it.
I also liked your gag with the alarm sound effect. Funny.(y)
Mitchellhallock said:
As long as Rick James was singing "disco" it was alive in 1981.
You said "Disco was king" in '81 when it was really gasping its last, dying breath (thankfully). It was over. Dead.:dead: New Wave had already taken over by then. That said, can you imagine if Meco did a disco version of the "Raiders March" like he did with "Star Wars" soundtrack?:p
indycast said:

No. "Celebration" might have hit #1 in Feb. '81 but it didn't "premiere" that month, which is what I'm contesting. The album came out in the fall of 1980. How do I know? I was with my cousin when she bought it at a K-Mart.:sick: Too bad Mitch's A-World-Without-Indiana-Jones flashback segment doesn't go back to 1979. He could talk about the DISCO DEMOLITION rally in Chicago.(y)

chicago_a_discots_576_large.jpg

indycast said:
Hopefully you mean their mid-to-late '60s tunes...y'know, the GOOD stuff!:p (...and I don't just mean good, I mean EXCELLENT.)

bestofthebeegeesvolume1.jpg

harvey7297 said:
ABBA rules! (y)
Good songwriters and nice harmonies but..."rules"?:confused: Is there some kind of a prerequisite for IndyCast contributors to be a Disco-Lover?

Stoo said:
I...can you imagine if Meco did a disco version of the "Raiders March" like he did with "Star Wars" soundtrack?
Please stop...Ed will only play "The Raiders March and Cairo Nights" next episode!

Another 7" single-only release was Meco's "The Raider's March" and "Cairo Nights" obviously inspired by the release of "The Raiders Of the Lost Ark." This was produced by Meco Monardo and Lance Quinn with the music arrangements by Williams Motzing.

Last edited: