Harrison Ford stoner?

Major West

oki9Sedo said:
He's very, um.....you know, uhhhhh.....slow, in uhhhhh.....interviews. I suspect he might have taken something thats affected him, or else his age is catching up with him.

He hates interviews.

Indy's Fist

deckard24 said:
I don't know if it's the reason, but Ford has beaten the hell out of his body over the years and a joint every now and then might be for the aches and pains! He is 65 years old now, and his extreme ways over the years may have taken a toll on him. He's had countless surgeries on his back, knees, etc., so his weed habit might be for medicinal reasons.

It could also just be that Ford is an ageing hippie, and the weed is a carry-over from his college days in the 60's! LOL!

Either way I don't really give a #### what Ford smokes in his spare time! If he was shooting dope I might be disappointed, but a joint isn't that big a deal to me.

What if he smoked crack cocaine?

Deckard

Matinee Idyll said:
Just be glad Harrison isn't black and beat his wife.

lol right. Who cares guys, he smokes pot, so did my entire Senior Class. Do you guys live in plastic bubbles?

Matinee Idyll

willie scott said:
I was disappointed. I thought he was a wholesome guy, that, apart from his looks was part of his attraction. :( (n)

I hope to see you picketing out the front of the cinema when Indy 4 comes to town...

deckard24

Indy'sFist, I meant cigarettes, cigars, a pipe that kind of thing! I figured by mentioning my disapproval of intravenous drugs, it would be understood that smoking crack would go along with that as well. If the guy smokes a joint every now and then, Big Friggin Deal!

Deckard, you got it right man! By the way, nice screen name! LOL

HFFan

OMG! If it's true, who cares!! It doesn't mean he's not a decent person. And those people that are 'so disappointed' need to stop putting people on pedestals. You're going to be horribly 'disappointed' with a lot of people! He's a real person with a real life just like all of us. (As I'm writing this, I'm drinking a glass of wine! GASP!)

Someone brought up a good point about his injuries. I believe he does suffer a great deal from pain.

And a comment about his interviews: I have been a fan of his (even in spite of his 'flaws') since the Star Wars days, and I've seen many, many interviews over the years. He has the same style of speaking today as he did 30 years ago. And he has never been comfortable doing interviews, unless he knows or is friends with the interviewer. (He actually does great interviews with Charlie Rose.) But he is usually shy, reserved, nervous (he suffers from stage fright) and also has a very dry sense of humor. These characteristics often get misinterpreted as being aloof, bored, stoned or drunk. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

No Ticket

I have to tell you guys that I don't think he smoked pot before interviews. He is a reserved guy... and I am somewhat like that myself. I'd say that for the most part he is just bad with conversations. Sure, if someone writes lines down for him he hasn't got a problem, but when it comes to actually talking he is not all that sociable so he umms and uhhhs a lot. He probably doesn't like interviews. Catch him on a good day, and maybe he wants to be a little goofy or silly or whatever. I often forget what I'm saying when I'm talking because I'm thinking ahead to the next point I want to make after that.. and I'm 23... lol, but I don't smoke pot.

Besides, even if he does, what is the big deal? It's not like a million other people don't secretly do it... I know lots of people who have. And he did grow up back in the 60s...

Give the guy a break. He is a good person. And you know it.

HFFan

Indyologist said:
I know one of his sons got in trouble for pot posession not long ago. Guess he learned that from his dad.

I want to say something about this comment, before anymore rumors are spread about a kid that didn't ask to be in the limelight.

There has never been any reliable report that his son "got in trouble for pot possesion". This statement makes it sound like he was arrested or was in some legal trouble.

This rumor started with a brief mention several years ago in The Globe, which scrapes the 'bottom of the barrel' as far as US tabloids go. This tabloid (which we know always tells the truth:rolleyes: ) said that his son had been attending outpatient rehab sessions with his parents to curb his use of pot. The slant of the article was more about how Harrison's ex-wife Melissa didn't want Calista attending the sessions. As far as I'm concerned, there is a 90% chance the whole story was made up!

Adolf Hitler

HFFan said:
OMG! If it's true, who cares!! It doesn't mean he's not a decent person. And those people that are 'so disappointed' need to stop putting people on pedestals. You're going to be horribly 'disappointed' with a lot of people! He's a real person with a real life just like all of us. (As I'm writing this, I'm drinking a glass of wine! GASP!)
I have to absolutely agree with this. I mean drug use in Hollywood? Say it isn't so!:rolleyes:

The only reason people on here are shocked is because they grew up with the likes of Han Solo and Indy and now associate Ford's face with those heroic and noble characters. But in actual fact nobody here knows at all what Ford is really like. So what if he's an aging, earring wearing, pot smoking divorcee who mumbles through interviews. He doesn't go on TV and promote drug use, doesn't bother the public witrh his private life (unlike some) and as for his son, nobody here is in an informed position to pass judgment on whether or not he's a good father.

You're all on here because you fell in love with a fantasy called Indiana Jones. As far as I'm concerned that fantasy is still alive and well.

Indy's Fist

deckard24 said:
Indy'sFist, I meant cigarettes, cigars, a pipe that kind of thing! I figured by mentioning my disapproval of intravenous drugs, it would be understood that smoking crack would go along with that as well. If the guy smokes a joint every now and then, Big Friggin Deal!

Deckard, you got it right man! By the way, nice screen name! LOL

I know I was just busting your chops is all!:)

deckard24

Right on Man! I wondered after the fact if you were just being sarcastic, but I wasn't quite sure.

Ford smoking crack just doesn't seem right, does it? LOL! Now when I think of it all I can picture is Ford, Rick James, and Charlie Murphy hanging out!

FILMKRUSC

Indyologist said:
If it is true, I think it's a shame.

I agree. If it's true then (n) but anymore it's hard to believe many things you read in the press - just consider the sources (reporters) - some of whom rarely do the work necessary to confirm stories/facts. Even worse sometimes they don't even care to.

whipcracker666

Violet Indy said:
That explains why he was acting soooo weird in Australia, promoting "Firewall". I thought he was drunk on 'Rove' (Australian version of Jay Leno, but not as good), but in "light" of this, someone "lit his fire" and he "smoked" a little something here. Ok, I'm punned out or should I say, "puffed out"? Ha ha Boom Boom!

Sorry... my brother's watching "Basil Brush" this morning. The insanity!

Seriously, though... Sad to hear it if true. I used to look up to Ford as a kid when I went through some tough times especially to the Indy character. I personally am against narcotics and drugs of addiction. I have seen it ruin a couple of my friends.

As Someone who has had plenty of experience with illicit substances I'd be
hard pressed to group marijuanna with narcotics and drus of addiction.
Frequent use of narcotics like opiates and cocaine result in a chemical dependancy . Marijuuanna is in no way chemically addictive, I have never experienced a pot widthdrawl nor has any of countless number of pot heads
that I know. Sure a pot head may get a little crabby after not smoking for a while but it's nothing like coming down from a oxycontin binge where your so dopesick you can't even shower or eat for four or five days . The latter coming from personel experience.
The point is that there are far worse things than mary jane.

AnthropologyFSU

whipcracker666 said:
As Someone who has had plenty of experience with illicit substances I'd be
hard pressed to group marijuanna with narcotics and drus of addiction.
Frequent use of narcotics like opiates and cocaine result in a chemical dependancy . Marijuuanna is in no way chemically addictive, I have never experienced a pot widthdrawl nor has any of countless number of pot heads
that I know. Sure a pot head may get a little crabby after not smoking for a while but it's nothing like coming down from a oxycontin binge where your so dopesick you can't even shower or eat for four or five days . The latter coming from personel experience.
The point is that there are far worse things than mary jane.

agreed... and plus imagining indiana jones high is really funny