Greedy Holiday Bargin Bastards

Gear

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/11...eath_in_Black_Friday_rush/UPI-55071227889455/

UPI.com said:
Man trampled to death in Black Friday rush

UPI.com said:
NEW YORK, Nov. 28 (UPI) -- A male worker at a New York Wal-Mart was killed Friday when anxious shoppers trampled him in their rush for Black Friday bargains, witnesses say.

UPI.com said:
Meanwhile, shopper Jessica Keyes said she miscarried after being knocked down by her fellow shoppers at the same Wal-Mart.

WTF people!??!

Ya'll trampled someone to death... but you got that PSP for Billy at half off!

Gear

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/business/29walmart.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1

The New York Times said:
Wal-Mart Employee Trampled to Death

By ROBERT D. McFADDEN and ANGELA MACROPOULOS
Published: November 28, 2008

The New York Times said:
By 4:55, with no police officers in sight, the crowd of more than 2,000 had become a rabble, and could be held back no longer. Fists banged and shoulders pressed on the sliding-glass double doors, which bowed in with the weight of the assault. Six to 10 workers inside tried to push back, but it was hopeless.

The New York Times said:
Suddenly, witnesses and the police said, the doors shattered, and the shrieking mob surged through in a blind rush for holiday bargains. One worker, Jdimytai Damour, 34, was thrown back onto the black linoleum tiles and trampled in the stampede that streamed over and around him.

The New York Times said:
the crowd outside Wal-Mart had swelled, drawn by sales promoting a Samsung 50-inch plasma high-definition television for $798, a Bissel Compact upright vacuum for $28, a Samsung 10.2 megapixel digital camera for $69 and DVDs like “The Incredible Hulk” for $9. The store usually opens at 9 a.m., but in anticipation of a big day, the opening was set for 5 a.m., two hours before sunrise.

... Pathetic.

WillKill4Food

Well, no offense to anyone here, but it did happen in New York, which is basically the American capital for rude people...:rolleyes:
So maybe not all of America is this narcissistic. :whip:
Well, at least I hope not. :dead:

Forbidden Eye

Truly disgusting behavior. Events like this make me question humanity.

While it's true, as WillKill4Food pointed out, this doesn't necessarily say much about all America as events happen in places like in New York City or Los Angeles where stuff like this is not untypical, still the existence of these events contradict the message behind this meaningful and optimistic holiday and make it nothing but a big marketing campaign.

Last edited:

The Magic Rat

Forbidden Eye said:
Truly disgusting behavior. Events like this make me question humanity.

While it's true, as WillKill4Food pointed out, this doesn't necessarily say much about all America as events happen in places like in New York City or Los Angeles where stuff like this is not untypical, still the existence of these events contradict the message behind this meaningful and optimistic holiday and make it nothing but a big marketing campaign.

Very well said.

Side note, I have been to New York once and have no intention of going back.

indyclone25

i went out yesterday morning and was very pleased with how people were , not to angry and in pleasent spirits . out of all the stores i went to target seemed the most organized , all registers were open and people on the sales floor -----kmart was the worst not all the checkout lanes were open and people had to wait in longer lines , and you couldn't find help on the salesfloor. wal-mart was okay, some people to help you find things and line were long but minimal. all around ,i got what i wanted ( which wasnt much )and even picked up one item i wasnt planning on getting ---a blu -ray player ---- i wonder , if you can use it with a regualr t.v ? cause i sure didnt buy a hd tv yesterday.

Goonie

Moedred said:
Be thankful America doesn't have pro Soccer, where the bodies really pile up.

I can picture it now, soccer hooligans, like in Eurotrip, storming the Walmarts. :D

The Magic Rat

Moedred said:
Be thankful America doesn't have pro Soccer, where the bodies really pile up.

Haha, too true. I've caught some replays of those epic brawls. They should be ashamed of themselves. At least our riots are usually politically based :p