Do you view KOTCS as canon?

In your opinion, is KOTCS canon?

• Total voters

Raiders90

Rocket Surgeon said:
Only the films are canon...everything else is subject to change.

I'd think that the YIJC films would be canon, especially since they're referenced in KOTCS.

Personally, for myself, the films, the YIJC, and the novels are canon. Everything else (with the exception of the Fate of Atlantis and Infernal Machine) isn't.

AndyLGR

Yes of course its Canon.

Although its still hard to relate it to the original 3 movies, its seems so far removed them probably due to the time between TLC and KOTCS.

Raiders112390 said:
I'd think that the YIJC films would be canon, especially since they're referenced in KOTCS.
While the film, which is in question as canon here, endorses an event serving as the basis for an episode, Lucas' tinkering (and admission) leaves the legacy of the television program undecided.

Arguments can be reasonably made that Old Indiana was a Baron Munchausen of sorts, while a sliver of truth exists...

Personally I take Lucas at his word involving this:

I am the father of our...movie world, then we have the licensing group, which does the games, toys and books, and all that other stuff. I call that the son - and the son does pretty much what he wants. Then we have the third group, the holy ghost, which is the bloggers and fans. They have created their own world. I worry about the father's world. The son and holy ghost can go their own way.

But it's all up to Disney now...

Mickiana

replican't said:
What difference does it make either way, to anything?

What do you mean exactly? I'm not sure if you are referring directly to the thread question or to RS' last post.

Indyfan82

Yes, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is canon. It is an official movie released by George Lucas, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford in the role of Indiana Jones.
Given Lucas' quote that Rocket Surgeon posted, I don't think there's any question that LucasFilm considers it canon. But as far as the personal view versus official canon, well I guess a fan could discount any production from a franchise that they personally dislike.
In any case, I happen to like KOTCS along with all the other Indy movies. It was awesome seeing an Indiana Jones movie in theaters and I am so glad to have had that experience. (I also recently got to see "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in theaters when it was briefly rereleased to IMAX theaters last year- that was pretty incredible too!!!:) :cool: Now if I could only get a chance to see TOD and LC in theaters....)
I personally like to include all the movies, the TV series, the novels, comic books and video games and most everything from the expanded universe as part of the canon. (Though some entries may be looser than others- i.e. The Find-Your-Fate books I wouldn't hold to as strongly as MacGregor's, Caidin's, McCoy's, Hohlbein's and Perry's and Windham's and Rinzler's novels. The Young Indy novels I would also hold to more strongly.)

IndyBuff

Yep, I consider it cannon. Everyone has their own views on what the would include but it's hard to argue with a theatrical film, regardless of what you may think of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think it's a fitting end to Indy's adventures.

Henry Jones VII

Of course I view it as canon. It's an official movie in the franchise after all, and although it has his faults, it has Harrison Ford with the leather jacket and the fedora.