Favorite TV shows

Indyfan28

As there is already a thread to list our favorite films, I simply figured that I would create a modified version for television shows. I just hope that posting this thread in the "Films" section is alright and it would not fit under a different catagory.

Fictional

NCIS
The Unit
Bones
Jericho

Nonfiction/ Documentaries

Man vs. Wild
Digging For the Truth
FutureWeapons
The Marines (PBS documentary on Marine training)
Navy Seals (Discovery Channel Documentary on seal training) :gun:

Who has time for the carp that's on TV??

I occasionally try to make time for Mythbusters....

Corner Gas is pretty funny... I hope there's a 2nd season of Life With Louie...

Fawlty Towers is the best thing that John Cleese ever put his hand to... Father Ted was even better.

Benudo

The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart ranks way up there. Sadly, it's one of the best sources of relevant news you can find on TV today, right along with Jim Lehrer's News Hour. The Colbert Report rocks, too. It gets a tip of the hat. :hat:

We need an emoticon for wagging the finger (no, not that finger). Eh, (n) comes pretty close, though.

The Adventurer

...well, time to time, Mythbusters, Brainiacs, Top Gear, Jay Leno Show, Cheaters and a romanian show "in gura presei":D (in the mouth of the media)

"Curb Your Enthusiasm"
I've only seen a few things less funny than Larry David.... Seinfeld was one of them...

It's truly sad that we live in a world with Larry David getting rave reviews, but a genius like Spalding Gray fails to the point where he takes his own life....

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
House M.D. has to be my favourite at this moment. :)

NCIS and Star Gate SG1 are a close second.

I remember Stargate SG-1..... Became quite a fan of the show... Now, the Season 9 DVDS sit on my shelf, unwatched, where they've been for the last... 8 months or so....

IAdventurer01

Let's see. There's actually a healthy list of 'em.

• Dresden Files (It's new, but I've been enjoying it.)
  • House
  • Monk
  • Mythbusters
  • NCIS
  • Psych
  • Stargate: Atlantis & SG-1
  • The Unit

Is anyone else seeing a lot of repeats between us? :confused:

San Holo

Does anyone watch Arrested Development? I just started catching the re-runs...and daddy like;) . I'm gonna have to pick up the first season dvd.

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
"Curb Your Enthusiasm"
I've only seen a few things less funny than Larry David.... Seinfeld was one of them...
You Canadian Folk Singers are all the same:rolleyes:

Ya, we are... we have a total, 100%, absolute grasp on what is funny and what isn't.

We even have meetings to make sure that we're all on the same page...

:p

"Arrested Development" sucks arse... just like "The Royal Tananbaums" (SP?) and other so-called comedy of that ilk....

Do you even know who Spalding Gray was?

Didn't think so.....

San Holo

The Black Donnelys just might be my new favorite tv show- if the other episodes are as good as last nights'. It was like watching the Departed with commercials.

Oh and CH-Spalding's best work was on the Staten Island Ferry;)

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
Typical ignorant comment "San Holo"... and I know you think it was a joke.... But jokes are funny.

that wasn't.
Almost as funny as trashing someone's faith in Christ, huh:D

Christ never existed... Spalding Gray did and was an ill man...

That you feel the need to make fun of him is a sign of exactly the kind of 'good' one can expect from religion.

Thank you for illustrating my point

Keep at it... maybe you can get this thread locked too.

San Holo

Who is Spalding Gray? I was talking about Mick Spalding, the Staten Ferryboat Driver. Calm down- Did you forget to take your meds today?

Your back peddle is transparent.

Maybe you'd better read the forum rules

"Baiting or inflammatory posts designed to attract or elicit predicable responses are not appropriate and persistence in this activity can result in suspension or banning."