Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 AM   #26
StoneTriple
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
... I think the extra body actually made her look older....why go out of the way for something out of place?

Her hairstyle was period-correct for the 1950s. Long & straight would have been out of place.
StoneTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #27
Gear
IndyFan

You wanna talk fashion? Let's both go see it right now... I've got nothing better to do.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #28
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
The rest of the coifs I think are fine.
Mutt's hair is not greasey enough. It looks much too dry as if he uses mousse instead of pommade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Triple
Her hairstyle was period-correct for the 1950s. Long & straight would have been out of place.
Granted, I was not alive back then but Marion's hairstyle doesn't strike me as being very '50s-ish. I also found her clothes too be much to clean & pressed for someone held captive for days/weeks in a humid jungle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
He never had short hair on the sides and back....
What?
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #29
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Mutt's hair is not greasey enough. It looks much too dry as if he uses mousse instead of pommade.
Granted, I was not alive back then but Marion's hairstyle doesn't strike me as being very '50s-ish. I also found her clothes too be much to clean & pressed for someone held captive for days/weeks in a humid jungle.
What?

In all of the movies with Harrison, he's pretty much had the same hair length.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 AM   #30
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
In all of the movies with Harrison, he's pretty much had the same hair length.

He had longer hair in some of the promotional shots for TLC, and maybe in some of the pick-up shots?

As opposed to this:

I love that shot!

Last edited by Montana Smith : 09-17-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:25 AM   #31
StoneTriple
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Marion's hairstyle doesn't strike me as being very '50s-ish. I also found her clothes too be much to clean & pressed for someone held captive for days/weeks in a humid jungle.

Yeah, I suppose the clothes are a little too neat. To me, her hair looks like what I would expect a permanent wave to look like after all that jungle humidity.
StoneTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #32
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
He had longer hair in some of the promotional shots for TLC, and maybe in some of the pick-up shots?

As opposed to this:

I love that shot!

Yeah I think the first shot comes from around the time of the filming of the Motorcycle chase, which was filmed almost as an afterthought a few months after principal filming had ended and so Harrison's hair had grown a bit.

I do too, and the moment itself in the film is a great one.

On the subject of hair, let's just all be glad that Indy didn't decide to go back to the hairstyle of his youth as shown in River and Sean's Young Indy.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #33
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
On the subject of hair, let's just all be glad that Indy didn't decide to go back to the hairstyle of his youth as shown in River and Sean's Young Indy.

That was a bad hair day! At least River made fun of it in the lion wagon, with the parting of the curtains shot!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #34
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
He never had short hair on the sides and back....I mean in LC (during the motorcycle chase) he had a mullet.

Yeah I know, I just thought for the 50's and to make him look a little younger Mostly the younger part, since our aging archaeologist can use every angle available, and I'm fairly certain Mr. Ford would take issue with even a modest dye job. Even a slight peppering of brown would really make a difference on the guy imho.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #35
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah I know, I just thought for the 50's and to make him look a little younger Mostly the younger part, since our aging archaeologist can use every angle available, and I'm fairly certain Mr. Ford would take issue with even a modest dye job. Even a slight peppering of brown would really make a difference on the guy imho.

I think Spielberg and Lucas asked him to have a full dye job and he refused. Or something.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 AM   #36
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Quote:

I think it wouldn't have looked natural on Harrison at that age. Plus I think the greying hair makes him more believable as the son of Henry Sr. Let’s just pray that Indy doesn’t inherit the baldness too!

Also, just wondering, was there something significant to Mac about his attire because he wears it in the opening scene then changes into a pale red button up shirt, cream pants and what I assume is a Panama hat then gets changed back into his original clothing at the camp site. He obviously had a chance to change his clothing so why did he change back?
Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #37
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Detritch
Also, just wondering, was there something significant to Mac about his attire because he wears it in the opening scene then changes into a pale red button up shirt, cream pants and what I assume is a Panama hat then gets changed back into his original clothing at the camp site. He obviously had a chance to change his clothing so why did he change back?

Never really thought about it, but my gut reaction would be for consistency, and that the panama hat get-up was Mac's way of going incognito.

Quote:
I think Spielberg and Lucas asked him to have a full dye job and he refused. Or something.

Really?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #38
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Never really thought about it, but my gut reaction would be for consistency, and that the panama hat get-up was Mac's way of going incognito.

Really?

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...y-role_1069416
Old 09-26-2010, 04:31 AM   #39
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Does anyone know what hats the Soviet soldiers were wearing in the movie? They look a bit like the cap Lenin used to wear.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #40
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

In case anyone was interested I got an e-mail from a friend saying the soldiers wore Soviet RKKA field caps. Stalin also wore a similar cap!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:57 AM   #41
Indy's brother
IndyFan

....and as long as I'm ranting here, what's up with the crotch of his pants? It hangs so low that it somehow looks like they're hiked-up. Makes him look older. Even if that was the cut of the day, it's not flattering for a guy that's supposed to not only be the leading man, but who is also playing a man several years younger than he is

I mean seriously? Are they TRYING to make him look old?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:49 AM   #42
Indy's brother
IndyFan

....and they did the same thing with Karen Allen/Marion:

Now Karen Allen may have some years on her, but she is the leading lady...and in real life she is whaaaaay sexier than this. I mean just do an image search on her through google. This woman is hot beyond her years. What gives? Why did they go out of their way to make these two frumpier? It makes no sense.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #43
chicago103
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
Well,He was wearing a detainee outfit during the FBI interrogation.....

Is it just me or was that scene a homage to the scene where Ford is interrogated at the beginning of the Fugitive? The white shirt and the way he looks (sans beard) made me think of that even the first time I saw it.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #44
Raiders112390
IndyFan

I'll be honest, I wish we saw more 50s fashion in the film (polka dot dress on a young coed or even something like an Argyle sweater on Indy)
Old 07-07-2018, 02:59 AM   #45
Joosse
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSixFix
As I understand, the white tux is actually an homage to Humphrey Bogart in "Casablanca," one of ROTLA's many influences.

Good thread idea!

I always thought the white tux was straight out of James Bond as it exactly matches the one worn by Sean Connery in the opening scenes from Goldfinger, even down to the red carnation.

This to pay homage to the James Bond movies which were the inspirational 'father' to the Indiana Jones movies. Something they continued quite literally in the Last Crusade...

And I agree, great thread idea
Joosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #46
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Has a reason ever been given as to why Indy wears his satchel outside his jacket in this installment? I know it's irrelevant but I've always been curious why this was changed.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #47
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
Has a reason ever been given as to why Indy wears his satchel outside his jacket in this installment? I know it's irrelevant but I've always been curious why this was changed.

Every movie makes little changes to the outfit. The hat changes with each movie, for example. The jacket is slightly different each time, too. ToD saw the sleeves get ripped off. LC he wears a necktie over the outfit. So the bag was the KOTCS outfit change.

I really dislike the hat in CS by the way. It looks way too big and almost countryish.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:34 PM   #48
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

Quote:
I really dislike the hat in CS by the way. It looks way too big and almost countryish.

Really? I think the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull hat is the second best in the series, personally.

Last Crusade being the worst. It's so tiny and looks pretty bad.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #49
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jonesy
Really? I think the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull hat is the second best in the series, personally.

Last Crusade being the worst. It's so tiny and looks pretty bad.

The CS hat borders on looking like a Stetson more than a Fedora. I rank the hats on Harrison as such:

LC/Mystery of the Blues
TOD
Raiders
CS

That's another thing. All of the other hats have a sort of beaten/used look to them which gives each a distinct personally. The CS hat looks like it's new and wasn't used before the events of the movie. CS also is too tall.

Last edited by Raiders112390 : 07-16-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #50
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

Nothing beats the Raiders hat. It was the most worn down looking, had a few odd angles and that pinch on the crown = perfection.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote