What non Indy books do you think would make a good movie?

IndyJones5183

I feel this book series could make a great movie.

wpid-71VXDVFQMYL.gif

n96077.jpg

0891075933.jpg

Montana Smith

Frank Peretti's character looks like Indy by any other name. Does he bear more than just physical similarities?

After playing The Punisher PC game, and thinking about the character, I was reminded of Tom Clancy's novel Without Remorse, which goes back to the earlier life of Navy SEAL 'John Clark', and his vigilante Punisher-style assault on the drug world.

So, I made a quick search for an image of the book cover...

without_remorse_tom_clancy_book_cover.jpg

...and saw IMDB's page referring to this as a movie already being made!

Stoo

WillKill4Food said:
Near as I can tell, this was made into a film in 1984.
Near as I can tell, this was made into a film MORE THAN 40 years before 1984.:rolleyes:

Nice cover paintings, though...

IndyJones5183

Montana Smith said:
Frank Peretti's character looks like Indy by any other name. Does he bear more than just physical similarities?

He is an archaeologist,his name is Jacob Cooper with his two kids Jay and Lila.

WillKill4Food said:

The story line is a lot different than Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Montana Smith

IndyJones5183 said:
He is an archaeologist,his name is Jacob Cooper with his two kids Jay and Lila.

I see at the bottom of each cover it reads, "The Cooper Kids Adventure Series", so these novels are aimed at a younger audience. Looks like Peretti was not only paying homage to Indy, but also foreshadowing the direction of KOTCS.

IndyJones5183

Montana Smith said:
I see at the bottom of each cover it reads, "The Cooper Kids Adventure Series", so these novels are aimed at a younger audience. Looks like Peretti was not only paying homage to Indy, but also foreshadowing the direction of KOTCS.

The Cooper kids came out before Indy 3 and Indy 4.The books are aimed at teenagers,but I still like the books.

AnnieJones

WillKill4Food said:
michael said:
First thing I thought, too. ;)
Ha ha! Yes, I agree. The cover of book 2 certainly does look a lot like the bridge scene from TOD. (y) But the the story in the book is very different from story in the movie.
Montana Smith said:
In my opinion the facial features of Jacob "Jake" Cooper don't look like Indiana Jones' at all, but his clothes are similar to Indy's. Then again, most archaeologists dress in those sort of clothes when doing field work. Which in turn does give the book series an Indiana Jones look and therefore an Indiana Jones feel. The other similarities they share is that they both have a lot of awesome adventures. :D
Stoo said:
Nice cover paintings, though...
I totally agree with you. It is one of the things I really like about this book series. The covers get the adventure feel across really well. ;)

Here is some more information and details about the book series. The Cooper Kids Adventure Series is basically like Indiana Jones, but for kids and teenagers. Even though this book series are for teenagers, they are really well written and, like the Indiana Jones books, the stories are a lot of fun to read. The books are action packed, leaves every chapter on a cliff hanger, and makes the reader want to keep reading. Rather than the reader thinking "I'll put the book down and read the next chapter later" the reader thinks "I gotta keep reading! I have to know what happens next!" Not that Indiana Jones books don't do that, because they definitely do, but the stories and artifacts in these books are very different than in the Indiana Jones books. Because of that, these books make a fascinating read and I do think they would make a really good movie series.

The following information is going to show the book covers in more clear detail and give the story description underneath each book's individual picture.

400579_717570021600278_801773079_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 1 The Door in the Dragon's Throat description:
Jay and Lila Cooper have been on adventures with their archaeologist father before, but nothing like this! As they make their way through the dark and mysterious cavern, they can't help thinking about the other exploration parties that tried to open the Door. All fled in panic or died terrible deaths! What really lies behind the Door? Incredible riches from a lost kingdom . . . or some ancient evil? They must find the key to discover themselves the truth about the Nepurian legends. Jay and Lila know one thing for certain ? they've been protected in many dangerous circumstances before. But will they be able to overcome whatever force lurks behind the Door in the Dragon's throat?
A rip-roaring yarn filled with danger and intrigue, ending with a titanic clash between the forces of good and evil.

1461607_717570181600262_618383068_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 2 Escape from the Island of Aquarius description:
When Jay and Lila Cooper travel with their archaeologist father to an exotic South Sea island, they find some mighty strange things going on! Could the arrogant, tyrannical leader of the island colony be the missing person they've been sent to find? If so, why is he acting so strange? As the Coopers attempt to solve the mystery, they encounter deadly perils ? vicious poisonous snakes, fierce biting insects, bone-crunching earthquakes. The very foundations of the island seem to be jarring loose. Jay, Lila, and their dad must find a way to overcome the evil that holds the colonists in a death grip. But can they do it before the entire island breaks apart?
A thrilling tale filled with adventure, mystery, and sudden danger that will hold readers' interest through the last exciting page.

1461123_717570264933587_97440420_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 3 The Tombs of Anak description:
When Jay and Lila Cooper enter the cave-tombs of Anak with their archaeologist father, they hope to find a coworker who has unaccountably disappeared. Instead, they stumble onto a frightening religion and new mysteries that soon put them all in incredible danger. Who or what is Ha-Raphah? How does he hold the local villagers in such overwhelming fear? Knowing they can't avoid confronting this villain ? whatever he is ? the Coopers desperately search for answers. As they begin to unravel the mystery, Jay, Lila, and their father face even more perilous adventures. Will they understand the truth in time to avoid disaster, or will they be swept away in a last desperate attempt by Ha-Raphah to preserve his evil powers?
A spine-tingling thriller as current as today's newscasts yet as timeless as the age-old struggle between good and evil.

960218_715583995132214_1901345105_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 4 Trapped at the Bottom of the Sea description:
Lila insisted on leaving her father's teaching expedition to go back to the States and stay with her aunt. If she had only known that the Air Force flight would be hijacked! Now she is a prisoner in a locked, top-secret weapons pod with no way of escape ? trapped at the bottom of the sea . . . Meanwhile, her dad, Dr. Jake Cooper, her brother Jay, and daring adventurer-journalist Meaghan Flaherty are trying to pick up her trail. Pursued by angry terrorists and with a cannibal tribe ahead of them, they island-hop in a remote corner of the Pacific, hoping against hope to find the plane. But will they reach Lila before her air runs out and before the pod is found by another hostile group searching for it?
Another breathtaking adventure complete with exciting sea chases, perilous deeds, and narrow escapes.

1488320_717570678266879_767212284_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 5 The Secret of the Desert Stone description:
The soldiers stiffened at attention, but there was still a stirring in the ranks. Their faces held wide-eyed fear. Field Marshall Idi Nkromo turned with deliberate casualness and looked across the barren expanse of desert ? the same direction the army was looking. His saber fell from his trembling hand and clattered on the stones and sand.

Archaeologist Dr. Jacob Cooper arrives in Togwana with his children Jay and Lila and one goal ? to discover the secret behind the two-mile-high Stone that has mysteriously appeared overnight. Who could have excavated, carved, and transported the colossal Stone? The Coopers' uneasiness soon turns into dread as they are watched and threatened by the country's new government and brutal dictator Idi Nkromo.

1455156_717570774933536_1468785915_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 6 The Deadly Curse of Toco-Rey description:
SHRIEKS! FLUTTERING! She screamed and covered her head as countless little shadows darted around her...

Carvies! The pit was full of them. And Lila was surrounded by hundreds of the strange flying slugs.

Lila and Jay Cooper have joined their dad on a mission to the jungles of Central America, where a group of American treasure hunters have already become the victims of the deadly curse of Toco-Rey. Before Dr. Cooper can solve the mystery, his children are kidnapped and his integrity is put to the test. What price will he pay to get his children back? Is the treasure in the burial tomb of Kachi-Tochetin really worth more than gold?

Follow the Coopers as they explore unknown ruins, plunge through dangerous jungles, face hostile natives, and battle ancient evil forces.

1475904_717570861600194_231729860_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 7 The Legend of Annie Murphy description:
Two vague shapes were coming toward Jacob Cooper, floating and drifting through the ruins like wisps of smoke.

Dr. Cooper jumped up, "Jay! Lila! Are you there? Can you hear me?"

In 1885, the Murphy mine struck gold. According to legend, Annie Murphy killed her husband out of greed. Just before she was to be hanged for the murder, she escaped. Now, a hundred years later, there have been sightings of Annie Murphy's "ghost." The Coopers unwittingly become involved in a mystery that finds them caught between the past and the present.

1452567_717570934933520_1833749860_n.jpg

The Cooper Kids Adventure Series Book 8 Flying Blind description:
"This is going to be a tough one, Dr. Cooper. I don't know of anyone who's ever flown a plane blind much less landed it."

Dr. Cooper looked through the binoculars at his son in the Cessna. "Well...there's always a first time."

Fourteen-year-old Jay Cooper is enjoying the view from his Uncle Rex's Cessna when a low-flying 757 speeds past them. Caught in its wind turbulence, their small plane is shaken violently, knocking Rex unconscious and leaving Jay blind from a head injury.

Fuel is running out fast, Jay is drifting in and out of consciousness, and the plane is heading straight for a mountain range.