TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 05-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
00Kevin
Indyfan

Justice League

Here we're touching a little on the business side of the film industry, The Avengers is bringing in such a major haul that DC should be taking notice. surely a crossover film featuring the 2 most famous superheroes would be even bigger! Personally I would have been more excited about a Justice League film than an avengers film...I think our generation had more exposure to JL growing up as cartoon network ran the old JL cartoons.

There had been plans for a JL film a few years back but that didn't pan out and I'm not so sure that exsting actors from the batman and superman films would have been used. Christopher Nolan (director of batman and producer of superman) along with a few sources within DC have said that they wished to keep those entities seperate, instead wishing to focus on making each franchaise it's own experience and not feel like it's building to something else.

But look at the Avengers, the biggest opening weekend ever. Now I still think that The Avenger will have a big drop off in the coming weeks and batman will prove to have more longevity at the box office and when all is said and done, the highest grossing film of the summer will be TDKR...but what if it isn't? DC characters had been the supreme film superheroes for two decades because there was no competition... if their most successful franchaise can't beat The Avengers, a coalition of characters no one gave very much thought to five years ago, it maybe a sign that things need to change.

Do you think a Justice League film will ever come to fruitation? How many years are we from it?
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Luisiana Jones
IndyFan

awesome idea, would really love that, BUT! and big but you gotta think they would have to push a couple of their individual series a bit more before doing that, i mean, Superman returns was crap, GL was "acceptable", i just dont think the basis have being laid down to do a group movie.

Regards,

LJ
Luisiana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
featofstrength
IndyFan

as much as i love DC, I just dont think it can or will be done...we're stuck with a Superman/Batman only world.

And I dont want the Marvel VS DC fight to spill into the movies...I could use a loooong break from the superhero film genre
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Moedred
Administrator

The idea's been kicked around a long time, from the 2002 Bataman vs. Superman script "Arkham" by Andrew Kevin Walker and Akiva Goldsman (download it here) to the 2007 Kieran and Michele Mulroney-scripted Justice League film that almost started production. The script's out there, just can't find it, here's an amusing breakdown.

Maybe before the world ends...
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
indyclone25
IndyFan

i think "the dark knight rises" has a very different feel to it as seen in the trailers, from the other films , i don't know whether it was before they darken some of the scenes or what but the daylight shot's just seemed different then the daylight shot in "the dark knight." will "the dark knight rises" have a bigger opening, i don't think so. people that saw the other marvel movies and knew that "the avengers" was coming really wanted to see this. where people who saw the other batman movies have had years to wait between each film , but we will have to wait and see .
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Moedred
Administrator

Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #7
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Aquaman sux uh hur dur!

Man, that would one hell of movie if Aquaman could control Cthulhu.

To be fair though, Aqualad is pretty swell in the first season of Young Justice. I also hear that Aquaman's redo in DC's The New 52 is, well, awesome.

I want to meet the marketing genius who decided that putting four episodes on each disc was appropriate. The entire first season should have been on three discs tops, not five. Money, money, money! Money!

With Latino Review allegedly scooping the final casting on Warner Bros' Justice League movie, I can't help but notice the marketing department's heavy hand in the (possible) decision.

To wit, Superman, The Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (five gets you ten that it's John Stewart), & The Flash get the nod. No Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, or Aquaman. Or any of the dozens of other heroes who have suited up for the League over the years.

Put Captain Marvel in it. Really screw with the casual fan's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by featofstrength
And I dont want the Marvel VS DC fight to spill into the movies...

I am quite surprised that Warner Bros. has taken this long to get anything off the ground. They're getting steamrolled @ the Box Office by Disney-Marvel. They're represented fairly well in the home entertainment industry, but somebody really dropped the ball in the film production department.

Doubt anybody gets a break from the genre for a lo-ong while either. Nerds have a lot of money to spend these days.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #8
Moedred
Administrator

http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con
Coming soon...
Quote:
May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2
Old 06-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:

Anyone else highly annoyed at the idea that Superman doesn't even get a proper sequel to his own movie until many years after a bunch of rushed, forced crossover bait films?
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #10
jsarino
IndyFan

That's where Marvel still has DC beat. They manage to organically have the various characters in their properties tie into The Avengers, and still work well on their own. Waiting to do a sequel to Superman for several years kills momentum for that character. That goes the same with Batman, if Affleck pulls it off.
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:45 AM   #11
Moedred
Administrator

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?yr=2018
Justice League Part Two is still scheduled for June 2019, but there's some confusion whether it's undergoing a title change or complete removal from the summer schedule like Inhumans. Part One (now simply Justice League) is shooting and one hopes they know how it ends. More and more breathing room for Indy 5?
http://www.slashfilm.com/two-part-ju...-now-one-movie
Old 05-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #12
Moedred
Administrator

Shooting wrapped in October, but according to rumors reshoots have "remade" the film twice, and they're not done.

At WB right now:

Old 05-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #13
curmudgeon
IndyFan

Quote:
Shooting wrapped in October, but according to rumors reshoots have "remade" the film twice, and they're not done.

Denial, by producer Charles Roven:

“The reality is we are in the midst of trying to schedule the only additional photography that we’ve been trying to schedule. We haven’t done any additional photography up to this point…Since we’ve wrapped, there’s been no additional photography. Since we’ve wrapped, what there was was motion capture, or what we call facial capture, so we did one round of facial capture, and another mini-round of facial capture. You use facial capture if you have a CG character, you do facial capture in order to give a real performance into that CG character. An example of it would be Avatar.”

I'm inclined to believe him. If there were extensive reshoots happening over the last year, we would have known about it while it was going on and not after the fact. They can't keep that kind of crap secret, especially not if its as extensive as the rumor claimed.

I mean after all the personal life stuff Ben Affleck's been through over the last year he couldn't walk to his car without getting snapped by paparazzi, but he's supposed to have been secretly filming extensive reshoots to one of his highest profile movies without anyone knowing until now? Really?
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #14
curmudgeon
IndyFan

There IS something going on, but it's not what anyone thought.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ragedy-1006455

Snyder won't be seeing the film through post-production or the reshoots that are coming, but it's due to the recent suicide of his daughter, not production trouble.
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #15
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
There IS something going on, but it's not what anyone thought.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ragedy-1006455

Snyder won't be seeing the film through post-production or the reshoots that are coming, but it's due to the recent suicide of his daughter, not production trouble.

My thoughts and prayers are with Zack Snyder. Nobody should go through that.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote