Lego Marvel Theme 2012

Montana Smith

These are the first pictures of The Avengers sets from Toy Fair NY 2012:

6865 Captain America Avenging Cycle - Captain America, The General, The General's Footsoldier:

avengerslego1.jpg

6867 Loki?s Cosmic Cube Escape - Loki, Iron Man, Hawkeye (181 pieces):

avengerslego2.jpg

6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle - Thor, Loki, Black Widow, Iron Man (735 pieces):

avengerslego4.jpg

avengerslego5.jpg

6868 Hulk?s Helicarrier Breakout - Hulk, Hawkeye, Loki, Thor (389 pieces):

avengerslegomain.jpg

avengerslego6.jpg

6866 Wolverine Chopper Showdown - Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto:

IMG_8524.jpg

The following has also been announced:

6873 Spiderman's Doc Ock Ambush - Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus ? due out August 15th, 2012

While the figures look good the sets don't seem as impressive as those in the DC theme.

Montana Smith

The figures for 6873 set have now been revealed as Spider-Man, Doc Ock and Iron Fist:

6873_minifigs_lego-600x341.jpg

6881017506_e0acbdc6a4_b.jpg

Lego.com has the first five sets available on 1st April in the UK.

Montana Smith

I was too tired yesterday to really get stoked when these arrived.

100_0971.jpg

I built as much as I could until I fell asleep!

A funny thing happened on the way to completing 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown (oo er!)

There were a couple of pieces missing, and an extra broken piece that wasn't required, to which two other pieces had been firmly attached. These sets were ordered direct from Lego, and if they're still packing boxes by hand I think one of their employees might also have fallen asleep on the job.

I got onto the Lego site and brought up their Replacement Parts page to request Missing Pieces. Only to find that set 6866 isn't recognized by their system yet, so:

"Replacement parts are not available for the item you requested."
thud1-1.gif

Montana Smith

Upodate: Can't fault Lego's Customer Service. They emailed half an hour ago to let me know that the error would be sorted!

It was the first time in buying many new sets of Lego that I've ever had a problem - and it just happened to be a combination of missing and damaged pieces.

Montana Smith

Not that anybody reads this thread, but Lego customer service appears to be top notch.

Received a small padded envelope from Germany this morning containing the missing pieces!

Even though his chopper's looking fine, Deadpool still won't smile.

250px-Deadpool3.png

Joe Brody

I'll say this, those little figurines must be a pot of gold for Lego. I think they were introduced back in the late '70's and just simmered -- and now with all the tie-in's Lego's really unlocked their potential. I like buying the little random bag figures for my kids and I'm always surprised by the variation. Once my son sees Avengers, I'll probally have to pony up and buy some of these.