Indy Customs

Indy TLC

Hello to everyone. I have been an Indiana Jones fan for a long time. Thought I would share some of the custom vehicles I have made.
IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

100_1139.jpg

100_0292.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0308.jpg

100_0033.jpg

Billy Ray

Yeah, really nice work! Can we get a closer look at your Marcus Brody? Is that the old Anakin Skywalker head?

Lance Quazar

Wonderful work all around!!! Bravo! Thank you for sharing!!!

Care to share any tips on how you created these amazing vehicles???

Indy TLC

Thank you for the generous compliments. I began making custom figures and vehicles in late 2008. When I saw the writing on the wall of the Indy line coming to an end without Marion in torn dress, the German mechanic, Toht and others, I decided to make my own. The tank at the top of the page is actually my second one. Here is a picture of the first one
000_0005.jpg

100_0929.jpg

This one had the cockpit accessible by lifting the turret up. My second tank had the entire interior accessible by lifting the rear portion and the turret off separately.
100_1366.jpg

Here are some early construction pictures of the second tank
100_0961.jpg

100_1015.jpg

100_1041.jpg

I made it out of foamcore and many "imagineering" odds and ends - whatever it took to make it look real. It was a lot of fun to build. It is done in 1:18 scale. I made a scale ruler where 5/8" = 1'. On this one I made patterns for everything involved so I could make more to sell if there is a market for it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nice collection...very comprehensive.

I confess, though, that I'm at a loss as to who the military man with the mustache is in the upper right, next to KotCS Marion.

Indy TLC

Here are just a few more pics. I made the Bi-plane from Last Crusade recently. It only took a couple of weeks to make.
100_1177.jpg

100_1274.jpg

100_1271.jpg

100_1272.jpg

100_1325.jpg

Indy TLC

The military man is Mac from Crystal Skull - admittedly he's a little on the thin side but this was made fairly early when I started making customs. :) Thanks for your comments.
Here's a good picture of two tanks:
100_1117.jpg

Temple of Doom is one of my favorites, so here's a bit of that:
100_0389.jpg

100_1299.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1311.jpg

100_1320.jpg

Palaceslave_82

Wow,fun. I LOVE the bridge shot,and the pics of the trio in the mine cart look like the miniature puppets they actually used in "Temple" to get all of the tunnel shots. Great work, Indy TLC

I am in the middle of doing some (light) customizing to the Hasbro Willie myself,using the Buck Rogers Ardella (Ardala) body to create an 'escape Willie" of sorts sans veil/saltshaker dress. I can see that Hasbro has no plans to give us even half of the versions fans want,so anything I want to have,I will have to doctor up myself. A shame,since the outfits/characters in the Indy films deserve highly-pose able, soft-goods versions so much more than the tired Star Wars stuff. Indy fans would buy five versions of the same character if they were offered,when will they figure this out?! The Lost Raiders wave demand ought to have taught them something.I want quality Club Obi-Wan figures of the principal cast,dammit..with champagne/ice bucket,Willie-sized diamond, Nurhachi,even a bullet-riddled gong!

Any chance we can get a closer look at the caged Willie,outside of the super cool cage (looks like you gave her a softgoods dress,along with rooted hair/different head),palace robe Willie,(never seen a custom of that version,but awesome all the same),and all of the versions of your "escape Willie" (looks like there might be one with Hasbro arms,one without)?

I love the focus Temple of Doom has received here,its usually Raiders lavished with all the attention...In addition to Indy being at his best,and Short Round,Willie is my fave Indy girl. Love Marion,and know that she is more Indy's match,but Willie is hysterical,and can knock a Thuggee clown down for the count with a mean right hook!

Last question,what chest did you use for 'Pankot Trek' Willie-the shirt looks just like Indy's tux shirt from the film. The shoes seem to be her Hasbro sacrifice sandals, but the espadrilles on Cairo Marion could be cut into heels,and painted gold to match the club shoes she wore into the village.Or barefoot could work. The legs also need a bit more flow,to match the style of Indy's baggy tux pants on her. Just minor observations,still great.

Love your stuff,can't wait to see more. How about Pankot dinner versions of each character? Or a bug-tunnel diorama? :)

Last edited:

Spassvogel

Hey IndyTLC, just a hint for taking close up photos with your digital camera. See if the camera has a "macro" mode. Usually it's represented by an icon of a flower. That way you can get closer and be in focus. Most digital cameras have this mode available. Once I figured out I had that mode, my pictures improved dramatically!

Palaceslave_82

Thank you,Montana. I thought of inky skin, but knew these weren't his. These look roomier,and therefore seem to make it unnecessary to "bifurcate" anyone. lol..though inky's are great.