Indiana Jones MEGO size figures (Image heavy)

Do you remember Mego figures? Well , these are 9 inches tall figures that where sold back in the 70s. I never got to play whit them, but after seen what neca did with the Freddy figure, I decided to make my own Indy collection! Here is my Indy !

BUt I kind of felt that he was alone, so I decided to add some Villains ...
Here are a couple of them!

THE DUEL OF FAITHS!

Belloq ..."Dr. Jones. Again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away. "

And the Cairo Swords man! Can't wait to make him duel INDY!

Montana Smith

Your Indy's much better than the 'real' one!

indy1.jpg

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?56523-Mego-Meet-Exclusives-checklist

Retro is all the rage right now, what with that line of little ReAction figures.

Hey Montana, thanks a lot! that figure you posted was my inspiration, also it is really rare and runs for like $300 right now (yeah, more than a Hot toys DX) and is not that accurate..... so I decided to make one of my own....

Hemble, thanks a lot! I'm doing a dio that I think you will like! Will post pics as soon as I'm done! :)

Montana Smith

CAZAFANTASMA said:
Hey Montana, thanks a lot! that figure you posted was my inspiration, also it is really rare and runs for like $300 right now (yeah, more than a Hot toys DX) and is not that accurate..... so I decided to make one of my own....

I know, I couldn't believe the prices!

Really, your version looks more authentic to what a real Mego would have looked like. I sold all my vintage Mego figures when I decided to stick to 1/6 scale, but some of them were quite finely detailed for their time in terms of clothing and accessories.

I think there's a tendency to get over-clunky when designing figures in a retro style, as happened to the Mego Meet figure. But you got it just right. (y)

hemble

CAZAFANTASMA said:
Hemble, thanks a lot! I'm doing a dio that I think you will like! Will post pics as soon as I'm done! :)

Anytime mate and as I said they are awesome and I can't wait to see the dio.

Ron

Thanks! I also was able to make the arabian horse, this one took a while, I painted a Breyer horse 1/9 scale white, and got a custom made saddle!

I added the Kenner logo just for fun! (y)

hemble

CAZAFANTASMA said:
Thanks! I also was able to make the arabian horse, this one took a while, I painted a Breyer horse 1/9 scale white, and got a custom made saddle!

I added the Kenner logo just for fun! (y)

Just two words mate, BLOODY STUNNING...

Ron

Lance Quazar

Great job! These look super fun. The German mechanic is particularly funny and charming.

Thanks for sharing.