Star Trek 2009

IndySeven

herr gruber said:
The total box office of the initial Star Wars movies would indicate that many people find Star Wars preferable to Star Trek. Star Trek 5 earned, like, three dollars, didn't it?

:eek:

I totally agree! Star Wars is a box office phenomenon while Star Trek was a box office flop!(y)

Ya... a box office flop... that's why the franchise has been around longer than some of your PARENTS!

Star Wars... One and a half good movies... and a boat load of garbage after that....

Star Trek... Every episode might not be a Picasso.... but you cannot argue with longevity.

IndySeven

ClintonHammond said:
Ya... a box office flop... that's why the franchise has been around longer than some of your PARENTS!

Star Wars... One and a half good movies... and a boat load of garbage after that....

Star Trek... Every episode might not be a Picasso.... but you cannot argue with longevity.

Boat load of garbage?:mad:

All of the Star Wars episodes (except I and II) were awesome!

Go Star Wars!
:)

Star Wars.... a damn good movie....
Empire... Half a good movie.... The last 45 minutes blows...
Jedi.... Nothing but FN muppets.... lame

The prequels.... Sucked from start to finish.

IndySeven

So you think that Revenge of the Sith sucks?

P.S. - The last 45 minutes of ESB was the best part of the entire movie!
Return of the Jedi was also a great movie (although I must admit the best part of the entire movie was the battle over the Sarlacc.)

Katarn07

Ugh, more Star Wars debates with Clinton! Leave him alone boys!

I hate to stray off topic, but what the heck. Might as well put my 2 cents on the matter. ESB rocked from start to finish, ANH and RotJ are also great, RotS didn't suck (but it was far from great), TPM is a fun flick and partially saved by Liam Neeson and the best lightsaber duel ever, and AotC.... Well, ok, that one sucked! Great theme song though!

indy34 said:
The only star trek thats tolerable is generations.

Love that movie, but First Contact rocked my world as well.

This movie looks bad. I was all for reboots of Batman and Bond when I heard about them, but I don't think this can be redone. Battlestar Galactica, a cult sci-fi classic, was met with harsh reactions from fans. Can you imagine the backlash this thing is gonna get? And probably rightfully so!

I liked TNG and some of TOS, but that's enough Trek for me thank you very much! Let it R.I.P. already! It had a good 40 year run. Not sure how good the run was, but it was a run nonetheless :p

"Revenge of the Sith sucks?"
From start to finish... Horrible 'story'.... terrible acting... The dialogue was some of the worst Lucas has ever done, and he's famous for his bad dialogue....

It was terrible.