Star Trek 2009

Vendetta08

I didn't know we were discussing Star Wars in here lol. I never came in this thread because I've never seen Star Trek before, don't even know what it's about besides Patrick Stewart and Will Shatner in space. Any of the movies or tv shows worth checking out?

Btw, will Professor X be in the new movie?

"Any of the movies or tv shows worth checking out?"
They're all worth 'checking out'.... Take them in chronological order and make up your own mind, if you like them or not.

"I only have one arm"
Prove it.

Vendetta08

LOL what's sweaters got to do with anything.

Anyone see the movie Galaxy Quest before? It was hilarious! It was suppose to be a Trek parody which I first did not know. I'm sure people who watch Star Trek found it even funnier as I'm sure it contained a lot of references.

"if you like wobbly sets"
That's one of the of the charms of the Original Series... The creaks in the wooden floor of the bridge set! LOL I recently caught a few episodes of the OS, but they're the 30th anni. version or something. They've updated the 'space' fx and cleaned up the colour and such.... But they also took out the creaking floor! It just wasn't the same.

"the movie Galaxy Quest"
I damn near laughed my a$$ off!!

Ha!Ha! Creaking floorboards in the Enterprise!!! Matches the creaking plots!
I don't dislike Star Trek, it's too hilarious to dislike. I agree about the charm, though.

AL_Patterson said:
LOL what's sweaters got to do with anything

You obviously HAVEN'T seen Star Trek!!! Sweaters are an integral part of Trek mania. Go to a convention and you will drown in a sea of gaudy yellow v-neck sweaters, worn by proud Kirk clones.

:eek:

Kirk never wore a "V-Neck" sweater

16077~Captain-Kirk-Posters.jpg

On the contrary. There is an episode called "Devil in a V-Neck Sweater", in which Kirk becomes posessed by an sentient breed of sweater. :eek:

Katarn07

AL_Patterson said:
Any of the movies or tv shows worth checking out?

I think to fully enjoy any of them, you'd have to have seen the shows to get to know the characters. TNG is my favorite and I think is the best for any new potential Trek viewer. I think First Contact (that's the 8th one, and yes, Professor X is in it) is the best one for non Trek fans to watch. It's got action and drama and the best special effects out of all 10 of them thus far.

nezobiwan

ClintonHammond said:
"Revenge of the Sith sucks?"
From start to finish... Horrible 'story'.... terrible acting...

Because Mark Hamill was such a great actor. Look at his shelf of Oscars at home; it would astound you. Rivals only the collection of William Shatner Oscars...

I wish you would just admit that ALL of your useless arguing is based purely on your personal tastes and has no logical merit whatsoever. It is not a crime to have an opinion. Can't you just state your opinion and move on? Why must you qualify it with reasons that mean nothing to anyone but yourself and only belittle and insult the validity of the opinions of others?

What's that quote from High Fidelity?

BARRY (sighs) "Little Latin Lupe Lu."

Rob groans.

DICK Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels?

BARRY (defensive) No. The Righteous Brothers.

DICK Oh well. Nevermind.

Barry bristles and moves slowly in on Dick.

BARRY What?

DICK Nothing.

BARRY No, not nothing. What's wrong with the Righteous Brothers?

DICK Nothing. I just prefer the other one.

BARRY Bu11sh!t!

ROB (yelling, frustrated) How can it be bu11sh!t to state a preference???

:whip:

|ZiR|

So, this new movie is like a reboot to the series? I never watched any of the T.V. shows, and no one in my family is a fan. Thus the Trek and I remain as strangers.

Well, that's not entirely true. I saw that one Star Trek movie. Y'know, the one with the Borg? Yeah. That was pretty neat, from what I can remember. Which isn't much; I was seven at the time.

Honestly though, the real reason for this post was to remark on that picture of a young(er) William Shatner. Wow. I never knew he used to be sort of hot. Tch, time has not been kind to that man.

Indy4fan

Star Trek Site

In addition to the new trailer coming online in High Definition quality, the official website has added a red blinking light to the right of the words "UNDER CONSTRUCTION", which, if clicked on, takes you to a new viral site with the URL NCC-1701.com. It features four cameras of the shipyard which you can bring into focus by changing the frequency.

If you let the page sit long enough, the "offline" camera on the page will show a corridor for just a second!

-from Comingsoon.net

Michael24

So, with Abrams involved, I'm guessing they're gonna start doing a bunch of viral marketing again for Star Trek like they did with Cloverfield? I just don't get that kind of stuff.

Blue Jay

i think it is a great way of promoting the film.

I hope they get it right.
I mean i love star trek in all its incarnations as much as i love star wars and indiana jones (well not as much as indy, but still very much - the only forum i visit is the raven :D )

The new teaser looks great to me, the ncc 1701 looks so big in scope, but true to the original designs (as far as you can see the ship in the teaser)

I am happy so far......

Just bring on the indy 4 teaser/trailer paramount, alright.....:gun:
Almost everybody released their teaser for 2008...

Hawkeye

I love the new teaser! They really messed up the TNG movies, and I'm glad they're going back to TOS. The cast looks great, and so does the new Enterprise. The plot really sounds bad, though. Sounds more like a fanfic. Shatner REALLY needs to shut up about not being in the film. Kirk DIED!! And yet he still complains. He just wants more money. To use his own phrase against him, "Get a life!!".