Tough Sergeant Prototype?

Kevin

I saw this in another forum:

d310_1.JPG

Anyone know anything about this figure?

Link to the thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10441.150

Dark Horse

Hmmm... I'm sure I recognise that head from somewhere... can't place it for now.

I made my own Tough Sereant anyway -

Gd1.jpg

gd2.jpg

ChromiumBlue37

Besides Indy, he would have made a perfect driver for the Convoy Truck. Seems like a lot of work went into the continuance of this line.

Damned, over-ordered case assortments.

Lambonius

I may be off base here, but I'd say that first image looks doctored, particularly around the head area. Not sure though. Seems like a really odd character choice for a figure, even in some future wave. I'd need to know exactly what source this photo came from before I believed it was real.

tnswman

Hey, Is that custom BEVIS or BUTT HEAD? It looks just like Bevis!! BUNGHOLE!!

Anyway, onto the test shot...You know, so many other figures are out there that this could simply be a Gi Joe head on this figure....I'm like you, we need a better look. Or even some SW figure that we can't make out.

Billy Ray

Yeah, if it is a head from another figure, I would really like to know where it came from becasue it is a really nice match to the "tough sergeant" and I have a ton of spare German soldiers that all look like clones f each other...would love to do one of these.

Indy's Fist

He looks so real I feel like I want to bash his head into a dashboard over and over, then throw his usless ass out the window!(y)

Kooshmeister

I'm uncertain this is a genuine Tough Sergeant figure. If it is, they made him too bald. If you look at the Sarge in my avatar you'll see he has a full head of blonde hair; he just has a bald spot in back.

The more I look at the figure, the more it looks like Bob Peck as Muldoon from the old Jurassic Park line by Kenner....

Luke Skywalker

Kooshmeister said:
The more I look at the figure, the more it looks like Bob Peck as Muldoon from the old Jurassic Park line by Kenner....

Ummm the resemblance to actual actors likeness in that toyline was null XD (I love those toys anyway :) )

Muldoon figure had an 'arnold terminator' kind of haircut.

The though sergeant should have come with the Truck.

inky_skin

Weird. I've been looking to do a custom of this guy for several months...the best likeness I could come up with was Ric Olie from the Star Wars Ep I line...

3476119275_2afc938302_o.jpg

Of course, he'd need a regulation German Army haircut...

Uki

Remember when Ric seemed like he would be a major character in Episode One? (At least, I thought he would be when that igure came out. Still a decent toy, and kind of a cool character.)

Even if that's not a legit Tough Sergeant, it looks good. The hairline may have been thickened up with paint aps. I would've bought him!

(Gosh I miss this line at retail...:( )

Lance Quazar

Well, I bought this figure on ebay and received it today.

Though I am by no means an expert, it really does look 100% legit in real life.

The head is a perfect, tight, snap-on fit on the German soldier body and looks completely professionally made, not like a custom job at all.

The figure has magic marker letters on the back, as we've seen in other prototype images.

The likeness is fairly remarkable up close to the character from the film.

I will say the hairline possibly looks SLIGHTLY too short, as discussed. But we've seen far worse gaffes from Hasbro before in terms of accuracy.

I dunno, I cannot vouch for the origins or legitimacy of this figure. But I will say it at least looks ENTIRELY convincing.

I will post pics tomorrow......

Kevin

Really? I didn't see it listed, and I check the IJ stuff on ebay pretty regularly. Link to the auction?

Lance Quazar

Kevin said:
Really? I didn't see it listed, and I check the IJ stuff on ebay pretty regularly. Link to the auction?

I'm not going to link to the auction. This was a few weeks ago, when the discussion of the other prototypes was at a fever pitch. I was searching ebay to see if any other unreleased protos were out there and this one came up.

Sorry you missed it, Kevin, since I wouldn't have even known it existed if not for this thread.

But I'll let you in on a little secret - it is my intention to make casts of the head WIDELY and CHEAPLY available to anyone who wants one.....

Kevin

Lance Quazar said:
I'm not going to link to the auction. This was a few weeks ago, when the discussion of the other prototypes was at a fever pitch. I was searching ebay to see if any other unreleased protos were out there and this one came up.

Sorry you missed it, Kevin, since I wouldn't have even known it existed if not for this thread.

But I'll let you in on a little secret - it is my intention to make casts of the head WIDELY and CHEAPLY available to anyone who wants one.....

Hey, that's cool, I just wanted to see the auction because I don't know how the heck I missed it. Anyway, congrats on the win, and thanks for your generosity. Put me down as interested!