Movie Posters

Abe Vayoda

The title says it all... thread for those who love to look at movie posters.

My favorite movie posters are the teaser posters... he more often capture the feeling of the movie and more visually stimulating the the final "floating heads" over plain background style posters.

Some of my favorites are the Batman Returns teaser:
batman_returns_ver2.jpg

and the Alien poster:
alien.jpg

I also prefer Drew Struzans poster for Raiders of the Lost Ark to the final Amsel version:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark_ver4.jpg

Jaws also, i thought, had a great poster.
jaws.jpg

And finally One of my favorite teasers is the poster for Secretary:
secretary.jpg

I have a semi-collection of movie posters... but my holy grail is my Bruce Campbell autographed Army of Darkness poster (not the actual picture... but this is the poster so you can get an idea) He wrote, "Hey Nic! Stay Groovy, Bruce" on the tire.
army_of_darkness.jpg

Does anyone else have favorite posters?

Abe Vayoda

Really? They show up for me. I'll upload them to photobucket then. If a MOD could move the below photobucket links into my original post instead of the other link. Sorry for the mistake.

batman_returns_ver2.jpg

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_ver4.jpg

jaws.jpg

secretary.jpg

army_of_darkness.jpg

alien.jpg

Last edited:

Jay R. Zay

Abe Vayoda said:
Really? They show up for me.

yeah, because they are in your cache already. you've viewed them once via impawards. but the rest of us don't access them this way, for us it's remote linking (linking to an impawards image from a non-impawards page). and for the sake of their bandwidth, impawards replaces hotlinked images by a small impawards-icon - unless, as i've said, these images are already loaded into your cache.

nice thread idea, by the way.

a couple of my favorites (probably forgot more important ones):

nl.jpg

dick_tracy.jpg

A70-541

196196~Badlands-Posters.jpg

lord-of-war-poster-1.jpg

Abe Vayoda

Ohh... yeah. Those are very cool. Had forgotten about Dick Tracey. The naked Lunch one is great but makes me nervous.

I really like the Lord of War poster... haven't seen anything like that before. Clever touch.

I just like the Tag for Into the Badlands "In 1995 she watched while he killed a lot of people" ...heh...

Also, for those of you who know posters, what does it mean to be double-sided? I found a Batman Begins poster, and it was double sided. Is this the mark of an original or something?

Last edited:

Niteshade007

This is a poor quality picture, but I love this poster. To me, it epitomizes the Film Noir genre perfectly. The contrast of good and evil, the lust for a beautiful woman, the deceitful nature of femme fatales...

The movie was ok (I actually haven't seen all of it, maybe that's why), but I LOVE this poster.

1-8.jpg

Gear

I have the movie posters (more like pin ups actually) for each of the Indy movies (so far). I'm not gonna try to post them but I have the Amsel art work for Raiders, the full image of Indy- wip and machette in hand and the frase "If adventure has a name... It must be Indiana Jones" for Temple of Doom and the cover of the DVD version of Last Crusade. :cool:

berelain19

I LOVE movieposters! It's all I have on my livingroom walls!
There are 9 Pirates of the caribbean posters,2 Indiana Jones,Psycho,The Shining,Pulp Fiction,Sirius Black-wanted,Robin-Kevin Kostner-Hood,monsters inc.,Toy Story 2,Finding Nemo,Willow,2 x-files,Thelma and Louise,Reservoir Dogs,Neverending Story,The goonies,Star Wars,Shreck's puss in boots....
Did I leave anything out??

I still want the Temple of Doom poster,where Indy is standing in that doorway-thing.

Niteshade007

I can't see the impawards ones, as someone else mentioned, something to do with hotlinking and caches' and bandwiths and blah blah. But I'm interested in knowing which one it is.

berelain19

Vertigo? Overrated?
I think you can say that about any movie you don't really care for...
I like Vertigo very much,but hey,someone else might not.
I think The Matrix is very very very overrated,but a lot of people don't agree...
Different taste that's all.

But I thought this was about posters??
The Vertigo poster is great but I wouldn't hang it on my wall because the color doesn't match with my drapes...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Niteshade007 said:
It's an interesting poster, but I don't care much for the film. I find it far too overrated.

Well, it's not as accessible as <I>North by Northwest</I> or <I>Psycho</I> or a lot of others, undoubtedly. I know I need another viewing to get more out of it. At any rate, I feel the same way about <I>Notorious</I> as you do about <I>Vertigo</I>.

Niteshade007

I enjoy the first half of Vertigo. I think it's very well done (although riddled with plot holes), but the second half is just too far fetched for me to really enjoy the film at all. And I agree, berelain19, you can say that about any film if you don't like it. But speaking of Notorious (another one I thought was ok, but maybe I need another viewing)

1-10.jpg

I love this French poster version.

Niteshade007

I read that Bond posters with Bond pointing the gun directly at the viewer were banned in London terminals. I don't remember the explanation, but I thought that was interesting.