What color are Indy's Eyes?

Dr.Mirakle32

I am currently working on a watercolor painting based on ROTLA, and one aspect of Indy's character is difficult for me to make up my mind about!

Something strange about Harrison Ford is that his eyes seem to be constantly changing colors. In the original STAR WARS, his eyes looked brown, yet in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, they appear bluish in some scenes, to just plain gray in others. Recent photos show him with green/hazel eyes. Does he like to use colored contacts, or do his eyes just naturally photograph differently under different lighting?

Am I the only one who can't tell what Ford's eye color is? What eye color should I give Indy in my painting? I'm kind of thinking about just mixing green and brown.

Thanks!

sarah navarro

roundshort said:
I think they are same color as Han Solo . . .
hmm he might possibly be right ,they also may be the same color as Jack Ryans too or John books..maybe president James Marshall;)

they always look diffrent ,i have no idea,he always seems to be squinting.
take a look at Last Crusade when Indy gets a close up right before him and Vogel take a dive off the cliff, that should help.

Last edited:

Methos

Ya know, I've been watching and re-watching these films, since the cinematic release of ROTLA. Yet, this thread made me go hmmmm.:p So, I did a bit of digging in TheRaider.net's screencaps archive and found this gem, which satisfied my curiousity and will hopefully help ya Dr. Mirakle.:) They look greenish/hazel to me and methinks you're on the right track with mixing green, with a hint of brown. Here's the pic and I hope it helps!:hat:

182.jpg

sarah navarro

This is the other scene I was thinking of,besides the one i posted above,can you get the one I was thinking of?
In the tank/cliff scene his eyes have blue in there also.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Green is my answer. Why? I actually have seen the wax figure of HF as Indy during Madame Tussaud's Tour of Australia. I've got a photo of that too.

Professor Jones

arkfinder said:
His eye's are hazel like mine.

Hazel for sure!hazel (like mines too!!!)... Besides all Indy gear and way of dressing it's set on brown-khaki-hazel colors... that definitively distinguish, in my imagination, the colours of old time adventure...

It's just a romantic way to interpretate the colors of times and characters... If I think about space and Star Wars suddenly I think about blue and white-silver (of the stars, of the spacecraft and so on).. If I think of James Bond I think about dark colors, an elegant black (like his tuxedo suit or the gunbarrel)... if I think about indy is definitively the brown and khaki...

I know that's not a logical argument, but just an instinctive way to express but: HAZEL!

Dr.Mirakle32

I don't like hazel. Hazel's a bastard color that can't decide what it wants to be! Is it brown? Sometimes. Is it green? Usually. Who knows!?;)

indyflys_solo

After many long moments watching (and drooling over) Indy & Han Solo (I guess Harrison Ford in general), I'd have to go with a pretty greenish blue with brown flecks, maybe? Han's eyes usually look brown to me, or a darkish green... and plenty of closeups on Indy reveal blue-green eyes a girl can dream about. ;)