Enjoy The Anticipation!!!

indytim

I keep reading on this forum how people wish it was the 22nd already so that they could see the movie. Don't! Revel in this seemingly never-ending anticipation because the chances are this is the last Indiana Jones film ever and so you'll probably never be this excited about a film ever again. Sorry if that is a somewhat sobering thought but we've all waited too long to be wishing for this to be over all too soon.

I can remember walking out of Last Crusade in the Summer of 1989 as the credits rolled, with the Raiders march thundering out of the speakers, and thinking to myself 'See you around, Indiana Jones' ... resigning myself to the fact that I had just seen the last Indy movie and that I would never enjoy that experience ever again (at nearly 38 years of age I've been fortunate enough to look forward to and see each adventure upon their individual releases).

I then remember in January 1990 reading in the UK newspaper Today (which doesn't even exist anymore) the reported first whispers that Indiana would return in search of Atlantis with Kevin Costner being considered to play Indy's deep-sea diver brother!!! The stories kept coming that Indy would return but it all seemed like the stuff of dreams until I received a phone call in 1993 from my friend Graham (aka cinebird of this very forum), and he read to me word-for-word the Lucasfilm press release announcing that work would soon begin on a new Star Wars trilogy and a new Indiana Jones adventure. But that was 15 years ago and the constant reported 'roller coaster' script writing stories that followed filled me (and I'm sure other fans) with fear that the man with the hat might never return after all.

But here we all are, now down to counting the days until the release of Indy 4 and I, for one, feel like a kid at Christmas again ... bursting with excitement, hardly able to contain myself, scoring off the days on the calendar until the jolly man with the beard brings me my present. It just so happens that it's now two men with beards and they're about to give me the best gift I've had for a long, long time. So, thanks George. Thanks, Steven. And thanks Harrison. You've taken us all on a wonderful adventure and, just for right now, I'm glad it still isn't over :)

The Man

indytim said:
I keep reading on this forum how people wish it was the 22nd already so that they could see the movie. Don't! Revel in this seemingly never-ending anticipation because the chances are this is the last Indiana Jones film ever and so you'll probably never be this excited about a film ever again. Sorry if that is a somewhat sobering thought but we've all waited too long to be wishing for this to be over all too soon.

I can remember walking out of Last Crusade in the Summer of 1989 as the credits rolled, with the Raiders march thundering out of the speakers, and thinking to myself 'See you around, Indiana Jones' ... resigning myself to the fact that I had just seen the last Indy movie and that I would never enjoy that experience ever again (at nearly 38 years of age I've been fortunate enough to look forward to and see each adventure upon their individual releases).

I then remember in January 1990 reading in the UK newspaper Today (which doesn't even exist anymore) the reported first whispers that Indiana would return in search of Atlantis with Kevin Costner being considered to play Indy's deep-sea diver brother!!! The stories kept coming that Indy would return but it all seemed like the stuff of dreams until I received a phone call in 1993 from my friend Graham (aka cinebird of this very forum), and he read to me word-for-word the Lucasfilm press release announcing that work would soon begin on a new Star Wars trilogy and a new Indiana Jones adventure. But that was 15 years ago and the constant reported 'roller coaster' script writing stories that followed filled me (and I'm sure other fans) with fear that the man with the hat might never return after all.

But here we all are, now down to counting the days until the release of Indy 4 and I, for one, feel like a kid at Christmas again ... bursting with excitement, hardly able to contain myself, scoring off the days on the calendar until the jolly man with the beard brings me my present. It just so happens that it's now two men with beards and they're about to give me the best gift I've had for a long, long time. So, thanks George. Thanks, Steven. And thanks Harrison. You've taken us all on a wonderful adventure and, just for right now, I'm glad it still isn't over :)

This is the movie I've anticipated most in my life. I'll never be as pumped for another...unless there's a fifth. Yeah, I'm lovin' every second.

James

I followed this movie like the Holy Grail or the Cross of Coronado throughout the 1990s. So when the first trailer appeared, I felt like Indy saying, "Do you know how long I've been looking for that?"

I'm really loving all the advance marketing, hype, and merchandise. It means I won't be going into the film as 'cold' as I did back in `84 or `89- but it also means I'll be able to savor it even longer.

For me, there is simply no other film this year that can even come close to Indy 4.

IndyCon

Great post indytim I both hate and love the build, the only other time I've felt like this was for Revenge of the Sith, I'm going to try and sit back and relax over the next two weeks.

northernsoul

I can't believe it's so close. Something we've waited for for years and years is arriving in a fortnight. It just doesn't seem real! You're spot on though - enjoying the anticipation is probably just as important as turning up at the cinema.

ReggieSnake

indytim said:
Don't! Revel in this seemingly never-ending anticipation because the chances are this is the last Indiana Jones film ever and so you'll probably never be this excited about a film ever again.
I second that entirely. In many things it is more about the journey than the destination, though, of course, without the destination there is no journey.;) I just bought the very first 2 tickets to our local midnight showing and I am very excited, not only for the 22nd, but also the next two weeks leading up to it.:whip:

Great post.:hat:

UKIndyFan

This is my first and probably only ever chance to see Indy on the big screen so I couldn't be more excited. I'm anticipating and imagining every single tiny elem tn of the movie. I'm like 'Oooh, what will the credits be like? Will it have the cool Indy font?'

This is soo hard for me. Im going to burst with excitement

Mutt Williams

Every single post in this thread is TRUE to me too. I had tears when I watched the webisode that shows the day they started shooting last year.

YouNeverKnow

While I wish the day was here and would stick around in a Groudhog Day fashion, spending everyday eating, sleeping, and breathing Indy is so exhilarating. I can't think of a movie I've ever been this excited for. One hell of a ride!

Indy Smith

I am excited about seeing the movie, but I am also wary aout it as well because there is always the part of me that worries that he film might suck. i think the last time I saw a film that was really excited about and it lived up to the hype was Lord of The Rings Part One.

Previous to Lord of The Rings was a film I was really excited about and it let me down was the Mummy Returns. I remember how the entire film was great, but the ending blowed and it's amazing how an ending that blows can leave you dissatasfied. As a film-maker I have learned that the end of a movie is really quite a tricky thing to handle. If you have a poor beginning and a good ending you can always be forgiven. People will always say, well it started slow, but the ending was great! But vice a versa never works. Yeah great film at the start, but it sucked at the end. People are more likely to go and see the film that has the good ending. Imagine two friends trying to choose which one. "yeah lets go for this one as my mate said it had a better ending".

Anyway my point is I want to be excited, but then I don't want to build this movie into something it isn't. Apparantly assumptions are the mother of all ****-ups. Well Expectation is the brother of assumption. :gun:

Mickiana

I try to not think about it and then I remember and realise it's actually looming so close now!!! I gotta go out and crack my whip... Hang on, its dark. Instead I will randomly choose one of the trilogy and revel in it. That's it!

Dr.HenryJonesJr

I've already snapped off my fall! Again!! I'm that excited! I just got 2 more replacement falls and 10 crackers yesterday. We'll see how long they last.
This will be my 4th? replacement fall. Thank you David Morgan for selling replacements!

Indy Smith

Dr.HenryJonesJr said:
I've already snapped off my fall! Again!! I'm that excited! I just got 2 more replacement falls and 10 crackers yesterday. We'll see how long they last.
This will be my 4th? replacement fall. Thank you David Morgan for selling replacements!

What's a fall?

blueseattle

James said:
I followed this movie like the Holy Grail or the Cross of Coronado throughout the 1990s. So when the first trailer appeared, I felt like Indy saying, "Do you know how long I've been looking for that?"

I'm really loving all the advance marketing, hype, and merchandise. It means I won't be going into the film as 'cold' as I did back in `84 or `89- but it also means I'll be able to savor it even longer.

For me, there is simply no other film this year that can even come close to Indy 4.

Ditto, man. Ditto.

I remember being excited about rumors in the nineties, but this was before the internet. I relied on Cinescape Magazine and I remember in 2000 when they had him on the cover, announcing the possibility of the film and how it'd be out in 2 years.

Well they were right.. it just was about Russian submarines and.. wait a second... that's not Indiana! Haha.

I'm reveling in the hype, but I want to see it so bad.. :gun:

The Drifter

I fear that I may blow a gasket before the 22nd.
The wait is killing me. I even get giddy watching the Kellog's Frosted Flakes commerical with Tony Tiger dressed as Indy.

Adamwankenobi

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I fear that I may blow a gasket before the 22nd.
The wait is killing me. I even get giddy watching the Kellog's Frosted Flakes commerical with Tony Tiger dressed as Indy.

LMAO! I know exactly how you feel. (y)