News: Treasure of The Templars teaser

Indy Smith

The opening Teaser from Indiana Jones Fan Film, Treasure of The Templars has now been posted to the official website:
www.treasureofthetemplars.com

A few days late due to technical problems, but nonetheless it's online. Wnat some more Indiana Jones to sink your teeth into then check out the website now! :whip:

Flannery10

Well, I've been following this project for about 2 years now, and after all this time I have to admit that I started loosing hope. But now, after having seen the new teaser, I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this and I hope we can see the full movie soon.

Indy Smith

I'm sure if they had a lot of money to pour into this project the film-makers could have the film finished a long time ago. However I can understand that they've taken on a big task and feature films are very much different from short films. Everything is amplified. Don't worry kids...this is gonna be a good one once it's done and dusted.

DocWhiskey

Let me tell ya, this looks great. It really does. A lot of time and effort has gone into it. The only thing that takes me out of it why would they cast such a skinny ratty lookin' guy as Indy?

Indy Smith

DocWhiskey said:
Let me tell ya, this looks great. It really does. A lot of time and effort has gone into it. The only thing that takes me out of it why would they cast such a skinny ratty lookin' guy as Indy?

Because the guy who plays Indy is THEY. lol. He and a friend tossed a coin as to who Indy would be and Ken won.

Marty Jones

The acting really crushed this one so far - none of it (save for a little from the main bad guy) is outside of amateurish. The actor portraying Indiana Jones especially isn't very convincing - he's way too skinny and he appears to have a red beard. His accent also completely threw me for a loop.

That said, some of the production values were above-average for a fanfilm, but the execution wasn't terribly impressive. The slide he did on the ground going into the tent looked ridiculous and the box landing on the bandit wasn't remotely good (it didn't look right and it certainly wouldn't have crushed him like that). I did enjoy the bit where he hit the coffee boy and the other man with his pistol. That part was really fluid with the action like in previous Indy films.

One big question is why wasn't anyone shooting at Indy when he was standing there cracking his whip against the ground? Any one of them could have easily taken him out but for some reason they all just stand there. It didn't make any sense.

I seem to remember seeing most of this opening already (aside from the beginning bit where Indy was being burried alive).

Indy Ken

The poster by the very talented Paul Shipper:

copyofpostertitleroughys6.jpg

LawgSkrak

The production values look very good on this. I don't usually watch fan films that recast the main character, but I may check this one out.

I would've just had the main character be a Jone's relative or colleague though. Set it in the Indyverse, just not recast the character.

Mutt-Jones III

Wow.

Indy Smith said:
The opening Teaser from Indiana Jones Fan Film, Treasure of The Templars has now been posted to the official website:
www.treasureofthetemplars.com

A few days late due to technical problems, but nonetheless it's online. Wnat some more Indiana Jones to sink your teeth into then check out the website now! :whip:

Wow, that was great. :whip: