Area 51 or Hangar 51?

Dig Site 1138

Well, In the movie the hangar in question isn't being used as a hangar. No planes. More of a warehouse, really.

The 51 is obviously an homage to Area 51. As to aliens, etc, Area 51 is where the USAF tests reverse-engineered technology taken from the Nazis and possibly aliens.. if you go for that sort of thing.

The alien corpses are all stored here in Ohio at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in a Top Secret underground complex which is accessed through Hangar 18.

;)

TheLastCrusader

Nurhachi1991 said:
NO IT WAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!! The Remains were taken to HANGER 18 at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

see I can shout to.

The box did say Roswell New Mexico but like I said it would not be immeditly shipped to Area 51.
Oh c'mon. They use the number 51. It's in Nevada. How much more obvious can it get?

TheLastCrusader

I checked my 'Complete making of' book, and on page 254 it says: "... so it was necessary to construct a mile-long road to accommodate the scenes of what we call the military convoy as it approaches the guard gates to Area 51." -,Dyas

I could get into the thought that Area 51 didn't exist yet in '36, but that Area 51 evolved from Hangar 51 which did already exist when they put the ark in it. All this within the Indiana Jones universe naturally :D .

Dig Site 1138

Weird Synchronicity!

Doctor Strangelove is on TCM right now. The exterior shot of the security gate at the airbase is a DEAD RINGER for the one at Area 51 in KOTCS.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dig Site 1138 said:
Okay, So I watched KOTCS again today, and it's not quite as similar as I thought.

I wondered; my memory of the invasion sequence isn't that strong, but I didn't recall the two gates being that similar.

Still, so long as you were watching <I>Strangelove</I> though, right?