General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Montana Smith

Misery.

FG_Three_Kings-Misery.png

If the onions make you cry, consider, if you will, how George Lucas feels with all those Indyfans pestering him to write another one!

:D

Spurlock

But the only reason we want Lucas to write another one is because it has been said the Spielberg won't do one unless Licas writes, and they all depend on him.

I think we're all perfectly fine with another writes stepping on board, maybe even guys like Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzmen or Terry Rosio and Ted Elliot. Whoever can write a good adventure. Lucas isn't essential to the fans. Not in my opinion at least.

Damn, that Onion article had me depressed until I looked down to see it was from the Onion. Was about to quit watching movies.

Stoo

kongisking said:
The Drifter said:
buddy boy.
There is a strong indication that Túrin Turambar is a girl (but this could be wrong).
Spurlock said:
I think we're all perfectly fine with another writes stepping on board, maybe even guys like Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzmen or Terry Rosio and Ted Elliot. Whoever can write a good adventure. Lucas isn't essential to the fans. Not in my opinion at least.
No way. Lucas IS essential to this fan. Personally, I don't want an Indy 5 unless the Big 5 are involved. Yes, FIVE; Lucas, Spielberg, Ford, Williams and Struzan. (Hopefully, Drew Struzan would come out of retirement and make an exception just for this.)

As for those other names you mentioned, I've never heard of any of them before.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
No way. Lucas IS essential to this fan. Personally, I don't want an Indy 5 unless the Big 5 are involved. Yes, FIVE; Lucas, Spielberg, Ford, Williams and Struzan. (Hopefully, Drew Struzan would come out of retirement and make an exception just for this.)

Yes. Indy was really Lucas' baby, with some input from others.

Through the '80s it felt he had good control of his offspring. Come the noughties the baby had grown up and had become difficult to wrest back under parental control. I don't think he was really in the right frame of mind then, especially considering the unwanted pregnancy (Mutt).

The last thing Indy needs is to be dragged back home again to listen to a bedtime story from a father feeling obliged to make one up on the hoof (just to make the fans stop throwing stones at his windows).

Worst case scenario, he tells a really bad story, and the stones become bricks with rude messages tied to them. ;)

The Reaper

I can only pray this rumor is true. It makes sense to me, considering that SW Ep 7 is happening for sure and Ford will be a part of it. His star is back on the rise with Ender's Game and 42 being well received. Looks like he has a bit more clout these days.

Spurlock

So you guys would rather have no IJ5 at all, leaving the whole franchise on a [popular opinion] bad note just because Lucas couldn't return, rather than have him pass the torch much akin to what he did with Star Wars? We already have stories without Lucas, be it the video games, novels, comics, etc. Why not a movie?

And Stoo, Orci and Kurtzman are a writing/producing team who penned/produced The Legend of Zorro, MI:3 , the first Transformers, the new Star Trek films, Ender's Game and more. A very adaptable team who have shown they know how to write good movies. Elliott and Rossio are another team who have penned screenplays for all of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, Aladdin, Legend of Zorro, National Treasure films, and The Lone Ranger (which I still consider a great film). They are both great choices for writers imo.

Montana Smith

Spurlock said:
So you guys would rather have no IJ5 at all, leaving the whole franchise on a [popular opinion] bad note just because Lucas couldn't return, rather than have him pass the torch much akin to what he did with Star Wars? We already have stories without Lucas, be it the video games, novels, comics, etc. Why not a movie?

Hand the reins to Tarantino to create a new trilogy.

Kill Mutt Vol. 1

Kill Mutt Vol. 2

Kill Mutt Again Just For The Fun Of It

Montana Smith

The Reaper said:
Oh, c'mon. Mutt wasn't that bad. Shia is a good actor. Watch him in some other films and he might grow on you.

Yay, I like him in the Transformers films. Shia plays the perfect nerd.

I love those films.

Except everyone else seems to hate them! :D

If there are giant morphing robots in Indy 5 I'll be the first one to suggest Mutt returns.

And then we can see him getting killed (once or thrice).

Spurlock

Well if you look at the stuff he's been doing lately, and especially what he's not doing, you may find he's grown up a little.

First off, he denied the chance of starring in the fourth transformers movie, after the 3rd one became the 4th highest grossing film of all time at the time.

Plus he's starting smaller projects, even indie projects instead of blockbusters.

I dunno, I'm willing to watch his character evolve.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I bet this happened to Richard Dreyfuss in the 70s, a string of blockbusters gives celebrity watchers permission to turn. Spielberg's casting must be questioned. As long as Shia isn't driving into things on cocaine he can do what he wants. There are very few permanent A-listers. (And write what you will of Ford's interview style, he avoids gaffes and stays on it.)

Montana Smith

Halloween's come and gone, but consider the following horror story.

Spielberg still maintains his soft spot for Shia.

Lucas, having his legs broken by Annie Wilkes, is coerced into writing Indy 5. Harrison must star in it, and Spielberg must be appeased.

In trundles the fountain of youth gag. At the one hour and fifty minute mark Indy and Mutt find it.

At one hour and fifty-one minutes Mutt is crushed to death by a falling mermaid. (Don't ask).

After precisely one minute of grief Indy drinks from the fountain...and transforms into his younger self, which looks remarkably like Shia LaBeouf.

For the next fifteen Indy movies Shia will be the star as Indy lives his life over again, re-joining US military intelligence, and going under the alias 'Colonel Spielberg' during the Vietnam war.

kongisking

The Reaper said:
Oh, c'mon. Mutt wasn't that bad. Shia is a good actor. Watch him in some other films and he might grow on you.

You learn quickly that once Smiffy dislikes a movie, he absolutely will not stop--ever--until that movie has been mocked beyond recognition.

The Reaper

kongisking said:
You learn quickly that once Smiffy dislikes a movie, he absolutely will not stop--ever--until that movie has been mocked beyond recognition.

I take it he can't be reasoned with and he can't be bargained with either, right? And I bet he doesn't feel pity or fear or remorse. ;)

T.E.Lawrence

New alleged rumor:

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/10/rumor-harrison-ford-finally-agreed-to.html

Just a day after the speculation that Harrison Ford might not be back in Episode 7 comes another rumor suggesting the opposite...

(10/27/2013)
The rumor is from JediNews' mysterious source Jedi Master SQL and they sound pretty confident with the news. Here it the direct quote:

"Han Solo, Harrison Ford, is back and onboard for Episode Seven, but that's not all. As part of the deal, steps have been made which raise the possibility of Ford donning the famed Fedora hat of Indiana Jones once more.

A verbal agreement with Ford to play Han Solo once more has been in principle place since before the Disney deal. Over the course of this summer financial settlements were reached. The outstanding points that had dragged on but are now resolved are:"

<snip>

more at link...

kongisking

T.E.Lawrence said:
New alleged rumor:

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/10/rumor-harrison-ford-finally-agreed-to.html

Just a day after the speculation that Harrison Ford might not be back in Episode 7 comes another rumor suggesting the opposite...

(10/27/2013)
The rumor is from JediNews' mysterious source Jedi Master SQL and they sound pretty confident with the news. Here it the direct quote:

"Han Solo, Harrison Ford, is back and onboard for Episode Seven, but that's not all. As part of the deal, steps have been made which raise the possibility of Ford donning the famed Fedora hat of Indiana Jones once more.

A verbal agreement with Ford to play Han Solo once more has been in principle place since before the Disney deal. Over the course of this summer financial settlements were reached. The outstanding points that had dragged on but are now resolved are:"

<snip>

more at link...

Sorry, man, but we've already covered this.

And that, folks, is how you should tell someone they're saying something redundant.