General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Olliana

I'd love to see Britt Robertson as Indy's (and Willie's) daughter in Indy 5, from which she can spin off into her own little series of adventures in the 60's and 70's. I only know her from Disney's Tomorrowland, but she was amazing there. Watching that movie, the whole time I thought she'd be the perfect choice for being Willie Scott-Jones Jr. (or something). She has a funny face, she acts convincing and has the physical acting thing down and she's about the right age.

FordFan

Finn said:
Hmm. We'll see.

You know what's the key difference between me and people like you? It's that I'm a dullard who lets his sense of business economics block out the fanboy.

You and I are very much alike.

raiders-indy-belloq-2.jpg

Finn

Staff member
FordFan said:
You and I are very much alike.
In which case, you should realize that unless there is an official announcement, an Indy 5 where Mr. Ford will feature in anything more than a framing story is something not to bet money for, no matter how many soundbites we get from people in the loop. Ultimately, the premise of the film will be greenlit by execs in Disney's ivory tower, and we haven't heard a peep from them yet.

Hanselation

Lego Indy said:
I would love to see an Indy 5 teaser before Star Wars 7. :cool:

Maybe we will see an announcement Trailer, something like:

Black Screen

Voice from the off: "The adventure continues"

Indiana Jones Title appears

Tata datta tata daaaaaaa

- Coming 2018 -

Or related to the James Bond connections to Indiana Jones, this would be my favorite teaser:

At the end of the Star Wars 7 after the end credits:

Harrison Ford will return as Indiana Jones in 2018

Dr. Gonzo

Lego Indy said:

I would love to see a giant PINK ELEPHANT emerge from my toilet, step out, tip his fancy top hat toward me in salutation and present me with a check for 7 Billion dollars.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
I would love to see a giant PINK ELEPHANT emerge from my toilet, step out, tip his fancy top hat toward me in salutation and present me with a check for 7 Billion dollars.

Who's your friend who likes to play?!

BING BONG! BING BONG!

tumblr_no3fh4h5ST1urf1kao1_500.gif

Stoo

TheFedora said:
The sad part now is that Spielberg knows that he has to stress 'not an announcement' here. I still saw a ton of articles online about this new 'news' when it is the same old song and dance.
That's not "sad" at all.:rolleyes: It's a good thing!(y)
Dr. Gonzo said:
Ha ha! Funny, Gonzo.:D

Good ol' JuniorJones posted this video on YouTube. Check it out:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0hQNHj1NuUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FordFan

Stoo said:
That's not "sad" at all.:rolleyes: It's a good thing!(y)
Ha ha! Funny, Gonzo.:D

Good ol' JuniorJones posted this video on YouTube. Check it out:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0hQNHj1NuUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spielberg could say they shoot in two months and Finn would swoop in to discount it. :whip:

Finn

Staff member
Mr. Ford sure has a fancy way of saying "eventually". <small>Which is what Disney has been saying all along...</small>

FordFan said:
Spielberg could say they shoot in two months and Finn would swoop in to discount it.
Whatever Mr. Spielberg's charging to present said announcement, I'll do the gig for half a price!

Randy_Flagg

Lego Indy said:

Better yet, they could incorporate it into Episode 7:
Han dies, and after a tear-jerking moment, Harrison opens his eyes, turns to the camera, and says, "Don't worry, kids... I'll be back as Indiana Jones in a couple of years." He then winks at the camera, and dies (again.)

Le Saboteur

FordFan said:
Spielberg could say they shoot in two months and Finn would swoop in to discount it. :whip:

To suggest that Spielberg would be allowed to announce anything is to ascend to new heights of lunacy in this thread. Especially now that Spielberg (specifically, Dreamworks) & Disney are ending their partnership in August of 2016.

1.) Spielberg's name on the marquee/poster/whatever is increasingly of little importance outside from the cognoscenti, people of a certain age, and industry insiders who feel almost obliged to fete his career at this point in time.

2.) Does Spielberg want to be a studio head or a director? Dreamworks is... struggling remain solvent. The animation division has sold its Glendale campus twice, shuttered PDI/Dreamworks, and subsequently laid off some 500 people.

Things are so bad that the company has recently had to seek a bunch of outside capital, and Reliance might dump them if things continue as they are.

3.) Spielberg & Dreamworks are reteaming with Universal. This means that several big budget films will be switching to the Universal banner; i.e., Ghost in the Shell. He'll be firmly out of camp by then.

micsteam said:
sorry got to sound in on this one ... Saboteur, really ?? Harrison Ford's participation in Star Wars VII is a non draw for audiences ?? The first trailer from months ago .. grown men 30-50s were literally crying that we got our REAL Star Wars characters/actors back ... I think that had quite a lot to do with HF, considering that Han and Chewie were the only original characters to be featured in the trailer !!

giphy.gif

I would ordinarily ignore your inchoate ramblings, but I have this anecdote I've been wanting to share for a while.

I was in Toys R' Us about a year ago now looking for a birthday present. While browsing the aisles I came across a young mother and her son who was around seven. He was throwing a fit because his mother dared to give him... some figure. He wanted Dark Anakin. My first thought was 'Isn't that just Darth Vader?' It was then that I realized an entire generation was being raised on (and liking) The Clone Wars.

How is his experience any less real than yours? By virtue of age? This will more than likely be his first Star Wars movie, and therein lies the point. Disney & Lucasfilm will take your money, but they want his money. When you're remortgaging the house for a liver transplant or scoring a steady supply of Metamucil, he'll be buying the figures, the t-shirts, and the rerelease of the third trilogy on holographic projection discs.

And if Ford's flat, unemotive reading of "We're home, Chewie." is causing people to cry then I suggest they seek professional help.

But that's enough thread derailment for me.

Silvor

All this negativity.
Bottom line is nobody in here has any idea about what will happen with the next Indy movie. The only thing we know is Spielberg seems to really want to direct it with Ford and Ford obviously wants to do it.

I will say though, it will be pretty funny to see the reactions from all the doubters in here if Indy 5 actually does come to fruition with Ford in the starring role :p

Mainly because they seem so absolutely sure it won't happen.
Even us who hope for another one with Ford knows it might not happen.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Truth can be perceived as negative, but it's still truth. Kinda like when the Dr. says you have 2 months to live. It's sad, but it's the truth.

Silvor said:
The only thing we know is Spielberg seems to really want to direct it with Ford and Ford obviously wants to do it.

Unfortunately, this is not true. We don't know this claim anymore than we know what the weather will be like. Programmed responses to tired questions will always be the same.