Best John Carpenter film

Which of these films do you think is the best John Carpenter film?

• Dark Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assault on Precinct 13

• Halloween

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • The Fog

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Escape from New York

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • The Thing

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Christine

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Starman

• Big Trouble in Little China

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Prince of Darkness

• They Live

• other (Post 80's Carpenter)

• Total voters

deckard24

Not easy at all, but I'd have to go with Halloween. They Live and Big Trouble in Little China are very close seconds though!

Attila, what are you waiting for man? You need to run to the video store and get stocked up for the weekend!

Niteshade007

Assault on Precinct 13 was good, but I really love Halloween. It was the first "slasher" movie I've ever watched, so I have very found memories of it. Terrifying, but still fond memories.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
deckard24 said:
Not easy at all, but I'd have to go with Halloween. They Live and Big Trouble in Little China are very close seconds though!

Attila, what are you waiting for man? You need to run to the video store and get stocked up for the weekend!

Yeah, I know, it's one of the bigger holes in my film literacy - I'm on a bit of a foreign film kick though, lately. I'll get around to him though, I'm sure.

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, I know, it's one of the bigger holes in my film literacy - I'm on a bit of a foreign film kick though, lately. I'll get around to him though, I'm sure.

It's been Cocteau and Ozu for me most of the summer... but I still make room for Carpenter. Hell, I watched Big Trouble in Little China just a few days ago and They Live about 2 weeks back. His stuff is entirely worth it. :)

deckard24

Attila you say you're on a foreign directors kick, have you ever seen any of Tom Tykwer's work like The Princess and the Warrior, Run Lola Run, or Winter Sleepers? All good films to check out!

roundshort

As I love Friday the 13th and think that is the greatest slasher movie ever, I have to give this to Big Trouble in Little China, the best bad movie EVER!

The Man

As good a thread as any, I suppose...

J.C: The Resurrection!

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane starlet Amber Heard is set to join the long list of beauties chilled by John Carpenter's horror in his latest The Ward.

Carpenter has been on a little hiatus for the past few years but is back in the directors chair, not only with The Ward but also with Riot, starring Nicholas Cage. He is also rumoured to be working on remakes of his old classics Escape From New York and They Live.

The screenplay, penned by Michael and Shawn Rasmussen is, according to Carpenter: "the kind of script that I've been looking for: a complex, visceral story, full of suspense and scares." Shooting begins in May.

Come on, Johnny: frighten us again..!

Indy's brother

I had to go with The Thing. The only reason it beats out my other JC favorite, Big Trouble in Little China" was that I can watch The Thing twice in a row. Little China needs a little more shelf time between viewings.

DoomTown

EvilDevo said:
Which is your favorite John Carpenter film?

I love Carpenter, and even had a chance to meet and talk with him at a "Ghosts of Mars" screening at the DGA in NYC a few years ago...Hard to pick a favorite,probably a 4-way tie between "The Thing","Big Trouble in Little China","Halloween", and "Escape from NY".