Indiana Jones Manga

Indy~Annie

I love Manga/Anime/Chibi!!!!! ^-^ Im hard core fan of that stuff!!lol

I dont think its a bad Idea....I like it......but thats just me...

what about Chibi Indy cartoons? :D

Chibi_Indy_by_SweetSorrowIsMY2moro.jpg

???? lol

jamesdude said:
Being that the orginal Star Wars trilogy got adapted to Manga. Do you guys think thye should do the same with the indiana jones film series?

YES! Depending on the Artist and his style!

I picked up the Star Wars Trilogy Manga on the Strength of Hisao Tamaki and Adam Warren. Empire and Jedi were NOT as good.

The right artist and it would be frigging fantastic! Got to check out those manga books in more detail! Thanks for the heads up! Indy Annie, keep drawing, maybe an action pose this time...I'm working on my own and will post some of my attemps here soon. It's all a work in progress and I'm using Hisao's work as a template for my first go around. Some of my hybrid poster art looks wierd so I'm working on a different features!

Cool Indy Manga!

Like I said...looks weird even for a work in progress.

3386001054_b7f48cb868.jpg

Last edited:

Scarchaeologist

Indiana Jones manga!?

Someone told me there was one but I haven't been able to find any evidence of one. I've already looked through 10 pages of Google results so yeah I'm not finding it. Anyone know if this is true?:confused:

Scarchaeologist

Oh! Never mind. There it is! And sorry for the double post. For some reason I can't edit my posts. Must be my iPhones fault. :mad: It doesn't like message boards.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Scarchaeologist said:
Oh! Never mind. There it is! And sorry for the double post. For some reason I can't edit my posts. Must be my iPhones fault. :mad: It doesn't like message boards.

Nope, we just have a time limit on editing. Welcome, by the way.

Plaristes

Stoo said:
Les just posted some larger scans of all 8 covers. Looks like they are adaptations of the Young Indy novels so no new stories (but they still look interesting). Mystery solved.

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=418361&postcount=69
I just received copies of most of those Young Indy "mangas." As it turns out, they're not mangas at all. They're just Japanese translations of the original Young Indy novels, but with manga-style cover art. They do include inside a few manga-style illustrations and headshots of the main characters, though, but they're not manga adaptations.

Stoo

Plaristes, thanks for sharing your discovery.:hat: Which titles did you get?

I'm not a fan of the way faces are drawn in that style but am interested to know which characters have been illustrated. Anyone else inside who isn't on the covers? (Specifically, is there a rendering of Marcus for "Tomb of Terror"?:confused:)

Plaristes

I got:

#2 Tomb of Terror
#3 Circle of Death
#4 Secret City
#6 Crown of the Roma (Gypsy Revenge here in the US)
#7 Ghostly Riders
#8 Curse of the Ruby Cross

Yes, there are illustrations for several characters who aren't on the covers. Unfortunately, since manga artwork is not at all photorealistic, I'm not sure who many of the character illustrations are of. There is a character who might be Marcus in Tomb of Terror, but I can't read the Japanese text underneath to know for sure.