What's your favorite Indy Collectible?

doesitmatter

Halloween021.jpg

Partly because it took a lot of customizing and ebay purchases to build. Partly because they never made Last Crusade stuff before. And partly because I love my dad. ;)

indycast

Partly because it took a lot of customizing and ebay purchases to build. Partly because they never made Last Crusade stuff before. And partly because I love my dad. ;)

That is Awesome! (y)

Last edited:

lao che & sons

man, what a georgous piece you have there. if I ever had the patience or the extra money to make anything custom, then it would also be my favorite.:D

shazamtd

I don't have very many Indy items but from what I do have I would have to say my favorites are the ToD mini bust from Gentle Giant and the Complete Soundtracks Collection.

Last edited:

Cole

-27" X 40" 'Crystal Skull' poster made for theaters

-12" 'Crystal Skull' Indy from Sideshow

-'Crystal Skull' shirt

-David James' photographic journal of 'Crystal Skull' and Rinzler's 'Making of Indiana Jones' book

Montana Smith

Indy books are great for learning more about Indy's world.

I love the novels and the role playing stuff. I especially like the Complete Making of... book, as it's one Indy collectable you shouldn't be without.

Indy toys are great for displaying.

The Sideshow 12" figures are cool.

Medicom has one decent 12" figure (ironically it's Mutt!)

I have at least one of everything in the Hasbro 3 3/4" line. They were very addictive (much more appealing to me than the vintage Kenner figures).

Indy Lego is my current addiction. It's a complete change of style from the much more realistic action figures, but the more you look at it, the more it grows on you.

Dr. Gonzo

I'd have to say my "Todd's" bullwhip.
Whenever people come over to my place, especially new people, they always ask about it and want to play with it.
Easy conversation starter.

*I don't really know if that is considered to be a collectible though.

I see you guys have some great items. I posted this in another thread but my favorite Indy collectible is my signed Last Crusade poster

DSC03011.jpg

DSC030121.jpg

DSC030131.jpg

DSC02316.jpg

I have this British Quad. Love it, but want to take the creases out!
Mine only has two...

raidersquadsmall.jpg

...and a promotional copy of the Soundtrack LP.

fenris

Heck, I'm totally fine with my Fertility Idol Bank! :D

I don't have anything in my collection that would be called a collectible since most are just books and toys... even my prop replicas are mostly my work.

JRJENNINGS86

i love my Wested jacket. its the Raiders design (im not sure if there are other ones or not for the other movies) i wear it all the time when i can, i just really want it to get the worn and vintage look.

Goodeknight

JRJENNINGS86 said:
i love my Wested jacket

As I was reading thru the full thread, I was waiting until the end to add my Wested as my favorite. More gear than collectible, but it's authentic Indy. I wear it all the time, so it's not just collecting dust on a shelf or sitting in a box somewhere. Also love my Joe Strain whip, but far and away the jacket is my favorite item.

I also like the Raiders poster that's in my office at work. Sets the tone.

As for a few of your questions and thoughts:
JRJENNINGS86 said:
i wear it all the time when i can, i just really want it to get the worn and vintage look.
I had to do serious distressing to get mine looking right. Started with acetone to get the dark dye out, then light sandpaper in the right spots and lots of crunching it up. I even slept in it a few nights and used it as a pillow a few others. Have you read the "distressing" threads in the Gear section?

JRJENNINGS86 said:
its the Raiders design (im not sure if there are other ones or not for the other movies)
There are designs for each movie, two, in fact, just for Raiders. The "Authentic Raiders" is a very skinny cut. Looks 80s. Mine is Raiders but with a roomier cut.