Clover Lighter

Exulted Unicron

A while back, I bought a Zippo lighter that was of a Lucky Clover, similar to the proper one, but it had ridges down the front instead of being smooth. However, I am after the real thing.

To anyone who's an expert at this kinda thing. I've been all over the jewelers and collectors stores in my local area and then some and they don't get it. What is the likelyhood I'll be able to successfully import it?

I forget the name of the vendor and I'm too lazy to look too deeply into it right now, but there is someone who makes an accurate reproduction and sells 'em fairly cheap. I believe they're on COW...

Someone here may know who I speak of. If not, head over there and ask, someone would be able to tell you immediately, I'm quite positive.

Exulted Unicron

Getting it isn't the problem. I know of several places in the US where I can get them from, especially eBay, there's a large amoint of them on there. But what I want to know is, even if I ask for it empty, will I be able to import it from the US to the UK or will they stop it?

Chewbacca Jones

So long as it's empty, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if you're worried, ask your local post office, or what ever you call the mail guys there.

Dr Bones

Zippos are on sale in the UK so they must get imported!

I brought one back from the USA on my last visit without a problem.

Exulted Unicron

I think we all know how funny UK customs can be. I mean, I can get one easilly off eBay, but knowing my luck, it'll probably get stopped and cassed as an offensive weapon or something

Nurhachi1991

Can someone please shed some light on this subject? I know Zippo made a replica but every review says the paint is cheap and comes off easily.

Dr Bones

Nurhachi1991 said:
Can someone please shed some light on this subject? I know Zippo made a replica but every review says the paint is cheap and comes off easily.

I read that too and also read that the print is only on one side.

Was Elsa's lighter actually a Zippo brand lighter? :confused:

There was a custom lighter on her someowhere. I tried to search for the thread to no avail.

I tried to make my own but it's harder than it looks!

Try Club Obi Wan like RA said.

They also pop on Ebay.

Exulted Unicron said:
I think we all know how funny UK customs can be. I mean, I can get one easilly off eBay, but knowing my luck, it'll probably get stopped and cassed as an offensive weapon or something

I just had a metal replica Freddy glove imported with trepidation but without hassle. I would think a lighter will be fine.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Indy's brother said:

Well, I lost mine 2 or 3 years ago, and he stopped offering these. But he's back now, and I just got my new one today!:

photo1.jpg

photo-9.jpg

The resin badges seem a bit thinner than the last one I got from him. The side view makes them look thicker than they really are, they are 1 millimeter or less in thickness. Also, and I could be wrong about this, it feels less weighty than the one I had before. Fit and finish is without flaw, and even the detail of the clover seems to be improved. I got the matte finish just like last time, and it's what he recommends anyway over his gloss finish which is more prone to scratching, and doesn't look as accurate imho. All in all, relicraider has come through for me on this once again.

$70 including shipping here in the US. I got the most screen accurate version that he produces, #200 ZIPPO with the lighter green clover. Here is the link to it, if anyone here is interested. Tell him I sent you! ;)

A footnote, it shipped really fast once it was ready (he makes them to order). shipped on friday and got here today, the following monday.

Goodeknight

As for customs, empty would be key. Only other thing would be taking the flint out of it, so it couldn't even make a spark. Couldn't be any safer than that. Perhaps if you have it sent, ask the seller/shipper to tape a not on it that says clearly, "Lighter empty, no flint" to make it obvious to customs guys.

Otherwise, find a friend who's coming from the states to the UK sometime and have it shipped to them stateside. Wouldn't be a problem in luggage.