Shipwreck Diplomacy/ China Takes Territorial Dispute To New Depths

China Jim

Greetings and Salutations
China Jim here I know its been awhile but I do get the occasional post to me from Montana Smith and the like. But the reason I am writing to the forum is to let you know about a article I found on the front page of the Monday December 2nd edition of the Wall Street Journal. It concerns China's usage of marine archeology site to further their territorial claims. The story was much to large to synthesize down so I leave it to my fellow forum members to either get a copy of the paper or go to WSJ.com/PageOne concerning this subject IMHO I find it very deplorable that the Chinese are using there heritage and recovered artifacts to post a claim to sections of the South China Seas. They are defining their claims as all waters in a nine dash line based on a map issued by the Kuomingtang government in 1947 ( The non communist that Indy encountered in Thunder in the Orient), but has never published coordinates for its precise location. This map can be found at the Center for Strategic and International Studies I think the forum should find this interesting well all for now so get back to me once you read the article.